PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Auz to hit Vic for tunes

auzvectra
7th September 2008, 01:17 AM
after a few requests from down melbourne way for some tuning, i have decided to do a trip down there if i get enough definate's.
now as i'll be doing this just to tune the cars and not just a holiday, i will need "atleast" 3 cars to be tuned, but although i would much prefer for it to be 4 cars otherwise i will only be just scrapping cost.

most of you already know the deal, but i'll add in the details for those that dont.
the standard remap cost is $600, but if you are the 1st of a line (1st of that engine), or if your car is running a common file, then it's discounted down to $500 instead.

all files are a generic ecu remap, no dyno tuning or chart will be done.

01. happyslapper82 - Veccy B - Y26SE
02. Paulyj - Corsa C Sri - Z18XE
03. Nuggz - Veccy B - Y26SE
04. Rond - Astra G Sri - Z22SE
05. D.C. - Astra G Sri-T - Z20LET
06. Shetlander - Veccy B - X25XE
07. Ice - Astra G - Z18XE
08. Z20LET - Astra G - Z20LET

deffinate's, people that are willing to put up the deposit (closer to the date) to book me in.
01. Nuggs Veccy B - Y26SE - paid - cleared - Awaiting file
02. Shetlander - Veccy B - X25XE
03. Rond - Astra G Sri - Z22SE - paid - cleared - Awaiting file
04. Paulyj - Corsa C Sri - Z18XE - paid - cleared - Awaiting file
05. Ice - Astra G - Z18XE - paid - Tuned
06. D.C. - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET - paid - cleared - Tuned
07. Z20LET - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET - paid - cleared - Tuned

HappySlapper82
7th September 2008, 08:18 AM
Count me in, Victoria is heaps closer :D

auzvectra
7th September 2008, 10:09 AM
haha, all good. added to the list ;).

nuggz
8th September 2008, 06:13 PM
yeah im definately interested
just need a bit of time to get the money together but 1 month notice should be plenty

veccy b - y26se

do you kno what the expected power gains are

Rond
8th September 2008, 06:59 PM
Long time lurker and first time poster. I am also interested in getting the tune but as much as i would love to mods to my car i have no idea how. so my car is stock standard and just wondering what type of gaisn can i expect. so just in terms of power but other gains?

thanxs

sorry forgot to say i have a Astra SRi 2.2

d.c.
8th September 2008, 07:19 PM
Are you able to do the G sri-t? If you can count me in. If not is there a Victorian contact?

vectraguy01
8th September 2008, 07:52 PM
You can do the G SRI T, gains are very good, its like driving a new car afterwards, its well recommended for the turb's.

For the 2.6L I used to have one and found the tune very good with a 4bar FPR, keeps up with the gen3's and sometimes beats them, well that was mine anyway, u done anything to the 2.6l?

With the tunes we dont quote power figures as they are different on car to car and how they are driven, to many variables, but really Auz's old stock 2.6L did a 15.9 down the 1/4.
Me with the tune did 15.68 with a screwed clutch so... makes the car more drivable and u will get better fuel consumption as well. And it will rev out alot more easily as well with the 4bar FPR.

glider
8th September 2008, 07:58 PM
i think he means can mat do the vic G turbo tunes or is that waynes area?

vectraguy01
8th September 2008, 08:02 PM
Matt's doing any tunes down in vic im pretty sure, will have him confirm. I dont believe there is a set area anymore, but will need to check!

auzvectra
8th September 2008, 08:48 PM
i have spoken to wayne about the other tunes, but havent asked about the sri-t, if he is still wanting to do it, i'm happy to load the file and pass the funds onto him, but yes i can do them, you get a few to choose from in the g sri-t ;).

as chris said, the gains on his veccy 2.6L were very decent, although my 1/4 mile was at a 6K launch, otherwise i would have run a low 16, as chris's would have before it was remaped.

the 2.2L can also be done, and there is a reveiw in the htread that is linked in my sig.

i dont qoute power figures as they are never acurate and all motor respond differently, we did a diag port dyno run with chris's veccy same spot, 30mins apart and got about a 20% gain, this didnt seem right, as most cases get a 10%-15% depending on motor as a rule of thumb, although there are always exceptions to the rules, above and below.

auzvectra
8th September 2008, 08:54 PM
also Rond check the thread for the 2.2L, in 1 of the later post i think it is, from daaaavek there is a link to a different forum where he has the details of his car, i cant remember the exact figure now, but from memory it was along the 130kw at the fly mark, up from 108kw at the fly. thats with the tune, exhaust, 2.4L intake manifold, and intake mods from memory.

vectraguy01
8th September 2008, 09:18 PM
I reckon mine would of had around 140kw's, but hard to say, had a pod on it and it sounds mad as!

nuggz
8th September 2008, 09:24 PM
yeah well im pretty much a confirmed yes if you do head down,

hopefully not too soon tho, i just started working again today, after 2 month of sitting on my ass, so im rather poor :o

auzvectra
8th September 2008, 09:39 PM
well i will push it out to november/early december then if that helps.
most likely mid to late november but, it would actually suit me better anyway as i'm moving in a couple of weeks, and the new place needs a few things done to make it more "rev head" friendly, like more sheds :D.

d.c.
8th September 2008, 10:04 PM
i have spoken to wayne about the other tunes, but havent asked about the sri-t, if he is still wanting to do it, i'm happy to load the file and pass the funds onto him, but yes i can do them, you get a few to choose from in the g sri-t ;).

Cool :D

As long as its a weekend any date is fine with me.

PaulyJ
8th September 2008, 10:09 PM
I'm a definate all the way.
Mid November is great. Not too close to Christmas.

auzvectra
8th September 2008, 10:14 PM
ok, so i'll target mid november then ;).
oh and by jaysastra04's clever sujestion, it this thread able to be made a sticky please pauly?
just to make it easier to find and more read :).

PaulyJ
8th September 2008, 10:17 PM
Done

nuggz
8th September 2008, 10:25 PM
well i will push it out to november/early december then if that helps.
most likely mid to late november but, it would actually suit me better anyway as i'm moving in a couple of weeks, and the new place needs a few things done to make it more "rev head" friendly, like more sheds :D.

Sounds good, the exhaust and springs and everything else will have to wait :D

You driving or flying down?

glider
8th September 2008, 10:26 PM
I think you guys should demand he drive the astra down as part of the service ;)

auzvectra
8th September 2008, 10:32 PM
haha, was going to bring the astra down, but thinking 20hrs each way and a total of around 600-800 in fuel (going newell, i'm sure i'd burn a lil more :D, or should i say 20-25psi ;)), so i decided to take the flying option or around 200-300 ;).

thanks pauly :).

Nurb608
9th September 2008, 04:10 PM
And still nothing for the 3.2L Vecs :( Might have to ship it to the UK and back!

auzvectra
9th September 2008, 05:01 PM
i think powerchip do the 3.2L veccy.
but no still nothing for the 3.2L :(.

vectraguy01
9th September 2008, 05:59 PM
yer only powerchip does it from my research into it for another mate.

Rond
15th September 2008, 02:27 PM
Auzvectra i am willing to put the deposit down a little closer to the date. im also pretty sure it is the first line - but could be wrong.

so i was thinking to get the most out of the re map i should try and do some of the mods daavek suggested. de restricting the air box seems to be alright but how about the vectra intake and pre cat?? i went onto the astra owners club website to the how to section and seem a littl complicated. im quite the newbie when it comes to mechanical stuff so my question is am i reaching too high to try and do some of this stuff without sufficient knowledge other than the how to guides?????

thanxs

vectraguy01
15th September 2008, 03:09 PM
Rond, depends on what you would like to do, the tune itself will re-learn from other mods u do afterwards, as you have a G 2.2L there is a few things you can do like de-restricting air box can help, get a k&n panel filter or pod filter, but you dont have to do it until after the tune if u wish.

Rond
15th September 2008, 03:49 PM
well my main aim is to increase power a litte bit and figured i could do the mods i said in my earlier post. problem is i also find the astra to be a little thirsty relative to the performance of the car so i dont want to increase my fuel bill like crazy either. i find esp in first gear it is a little slow off the mark so just want a little performance increase. maybe the re map will be all i need in terms of performance. although i was going to be buying a polo gti which is quite the pocket rocket - especially compared to the astra. i find the astra more of a cruiser than a sports car so.

i figure also if im spending money on the re map maybe i could do some other other mods to complement it.

getting back on topic though. the pre cat is definately too hard for me to do but i maybe able to do the vectra intake. question is where would i source one from? i saw on irmsher website i can get it but is there a place locally that is a bit cheaper?

thanxs for your help.

Rond
15th September 2008, 03:50 PM
sorry double post

auzvectra
15th September 2008, 03:55 PM
yeah, dave revolked that statement in a post later on, but i didnt bother adding that, as every lil bit does help ;).
i also sujested on dave's to heat wrap the intake pipe (airbox-throttle body) which he did, as there is a lot of heat right there and the cooler the air the better.
the 1st of a line only refers to the 1st car to get a tune with that specific motor, so only the barina/corsa's and the C20SEL, C22SEL, X15XE i belive are all thats left.

auzvectra
15th September 2008, 03:59 PM
try ebay, search "astra large intake" or "vxr intake"

AH Sri Turb04
15th September 2008, 10:54 PM
Hey ausvectra, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. are you able to flash the 2.0 AH sri-t?? (I know wayne can, but I do not know whether you work as in a joint venture, or are the same entity - excuse me for my ignorance);
2. it appears there are a few in SA that are willing to get flash tunes done, have you/wayne considered coming down; and
3. hopefully you can pass on some experience on whether its best to get modifications (i.e. exhaust, intake, piping) before getting the flash, or can the chip get flashed and then have the bolt-ons added after? What are the affects?

Thanks for your help - I am really interested, but I'd like to get a grasp of order of modification...light modification would be best while getting bang-for-buck from the flash tune :)

ASTRAY
16th September 2008, 06:06 AM
hi AH Sri Turb04, i can really only answer the 3rd question as i asked auz the question myself before he done my tune.
it doesnt matter which you do first,
if you were to get the tune first, then intake exhaust and piping it would be the same as doing intake first then exhaust and piping then tune.
you will get the same results no matter which order you do it in.
its best to seize the opportunity for the tune when auz comes down.
otherwise you could be paying 1000+ elsewhere (from what ive read in other topics)

vectraguy01
16th September 2008, 01:03 PM
I believe only waynes tuning tools can do the AH as its got can-bus, pretty sure matts tuning tools doesnt have that in it unfortunately :(

AH Sri Turb04
16th September 2008, 01:08 PM
I believe only waynes tuning tools can do the AH as its got can-bus, pretty sure matts tuning tools doesnt have that in it unfortunately :(

Could you please explain what can-bus is?? Is it unique to an AH or do other cars have this?

vectraguy01
16th September 2008, 05:55 PM
basically a different software program for the ECU, u need a certain module to allow access to update the software and diagnose.

auzvectra
16th September 2008, 06:39 PM
jason and chris are both correct.
order is irrelevant, the AH Astra, and the Veccy C have canbus, this is basically a different language to talk to the ecu, the modules i have dont do this unfortunately.

wayne can do the AH Astra turbo, and VXR, but you will need a few people willing to pay a deposit up front to get him down there.
for the other models i can flash, i have been considering a trip down that way, depending on how the vic run goes, if it all works out well, i will do a run to a few major cities if the interest is there for it.

SHETLANDER
21st September 2008, 10:38 PM
thanks for putting my name on the list:D just going to look for 3.0 gsi cams now.do you have any exact dates that you will be down? im definitely wanting the car remapped and 3.8 fpr done.

vectraguy01
22nd September 2008, 07:12 AM
Matts net is down till mid wk, i think he is thinking mid - late november but will need to confirm.

nuggz
22nd September 2008, 08:18 AM
thanks for putting my name on the list:D just going to look for 3.0 gsi cams now.do you have any exact dates that you will be down? im definitely wanting the car remapped and 3.8 fpr done.

i'll have a 3.8 fpr for sale soon, when i can get my ass off the couch to go find a 4bar

Ice
22nd September 2008, 08:29 AM
I'm a definate all the way.
Mid November is great. Not too close to Christmas.

Yep me too ;)

vectraguy01
22nd September 2008, 03:24 PM
get a 4 bar fpr, its worth it, its the same as the ford xr6 turbo.

nuggz
22nd September 2008, 07:47 PM
from what i've heard, the 2.5's do better on the 3.8

vectraguy01
22nd September 2008, 09:06 PM
thats right nuggs!

nadg63
22nd September 2008, 10:33 PM
D.C./Casper/Adelaide peoples, apologies for not ever getting back to you Re; TS SRiT tuning, as you know I gave the 'tool' to a mate weeks/months ago to load onto his laptop for me and have not heard back since!?

Will try chasing up where it is? (haven't been totally slack this time, the rally car build has kinda taken over)

My main problem is though I have now owned this kit for nearly 2 years I still haven't tuned my own car as do not own a laptop, and I am a slacko!

auzvectra
24th September 2008, 05:07 PM
yeah it will be mid november, but is still as per genuine interest and deposit's closer to the date.

Rond
8th October 2008, 12:27 PM
Just a question - for those that have had the re tune - do you have to tell your insurance company about it? i know with places like apr and giac - they are performance tunes and change the car dramatically and therefore would need to tell the insurance company. but from my understand this re map is mainly about driveability rather than outright power?

so would i need to tell the wonderful people at jci bout it?

poita
8th October 2008, 12:40 PM
no..

nuggz
8th October 2008, 12:46 PM
i highly doubt they would be able to tell that your car had gotten a retune if you have gotten into an accident.

the only loss is they dont add any value for it.

SSS_Hoon
8th October 2008, 12:58 PM
there is always that chance though, of you haveing(being the cause) of a serious accident where there was a fatality, and then they going over your car with a fine tooth comb and finding that your remapped and well then your goneskis. Along with anything else that is not a legal mod or not been engineered for.

But that is the extreme end of the scale though.

Most ppl dont tell the insurance companies.

We asked at NRMA who insure our GTI about getting GIAC tune done and they said yes we should tell them just incase. They also said that it would need to be emissions tested too as it alters the cars settings.

SSS_Hoon

Rond
8th October 2008, 01:11 PM
cheers for that guys. i just hope there are enough people who are willing to get the tune done so ausvectra can come down to melb. im waiting very impatiently for it.

ASTRAY
8th October 2008, 04:11 PM
as far as i know there a rea fair few people getting the tune done by auz in melb when he goes down.
as for insurance, im not telling my insurer, theyd just use it as another reason to increase premiums.
also, there are so many different files, i really doubt your insurer would have a copy of each stock file, therefore theyd have buckleys chance of discovering a tune.
itd have to be a pretty fine toothed comb!

SSS_Hoon
8th October 2008, 04:54 PM
it would only take a tech 2 to see the flashed file.

Or what ever tool it is that holden use to update the flash to the ecu.

Trust me if they look they know what to look for to see that the file has been changed, no matter how many times they tell u that the flash is undectable.

SSS_Hoon

vectraguy01
8th October 2008, 11:14 PM
umm, holden or tech 2 doesnt bring up that ur car was remaped or tuned, so without u telling them, how would they know? N really at the end of the day if they pulled u up on it, just play dumb "I never got it tuned, it was this way once I bought it".

CNBLU
8th October 2008, 11:14 PM
What about if your ecu shits itself?

PaulyJ
8th October 2008, 11:16 PM
I'll just borrow your car for a while Gav

CNBLU
8th October 2008, 11:20 PM
What the peugeot or the forester?

auzvectra
9th October 2008, 10:38 AM
i dont understand that 1 gav, r u sayin if the ecu shits itself they might know???

CNBLU
9th October 2008, 03:39 PM
What i mean is that if the ecu needs replacing what happens to the file?

SSS_Hoon
9th October 2008, 03:50 PM
What i mean is that if the ecu needs replacing what happens to the file?

It goes the way of the current US economy.

SSS_Hoon

auzvectra
9th October 2008, 04:13 PM
if the ecu dies, it really depends what file it's updated with from holden. if i have the file i will reload it, but if i dont then i will have to work something out, as i will have to purchase another file for it.
by the stage that this could happen i should have a few files already and it shouldnt be an issue.

auzvectra
15th October 2008, 08:03 PM
sorry havent been posting here much, had to get the car running for the cruise last wkend ;).
i'll send some pm's out to all that have expressed interest as soon as i get a chance, regarding definates n deposits.

but also, where would be the best place to stay at? or what area??

Rond
24th October 2008, 06:05 PM
just a quick question. i have de restricted my airbox so would adding a k&n filter do much? and is it worth it over the stock filter?

thanxs in advance

sooty
24th October 2008, 06:15 PM
sorry havent been posting here much, had to get the car running for the cruise last wkend ;).
i'll send some pm's out to all that have expressed interest as soon as i get a chance, regarding definates n deposits.

but also, where would be the best place to stay at? or what area??

Too get the best accomodation you're prob looking in the city (plenty of nice hotels) or go just behind my place in the dandies in a nice BnB :D

auzvectra
24th October 2008, 07:31 PM
cheers, although i dont think a bnb would be good for me n vectraguy01, as he's joinin me on the trip :p.

any more airflow can help ;).
i'm more a fan of pod filters but, aslong as they are sheilded for legal reasons, but on a non turbo the heat isnt so much of an issue.

Nurb608
24th October 2008, 08:33 PM
How long are you guys down for?

sadavidsriturbo
24th October 2008, 08:42 PM
How long are you guys down for?

Dont worry about how long are you guys down for.....

More like how long you guys been friends for ........

hahahahaha:D

poita
24th October 2008, 08:47 PM
rofl @ david

auzvectra
24th October 2008, 09:01 PM
now this is gettn way too wierd :p.
haha ;). if that was the case, too long :p.

Nurb608
24th October 2008, 09:05 PM
If you can do a custom airbox for my pod and supply, u can stay here, lol :)

ASTRAY
24th October 2008, 10:53 PM
If you can do a custom airbox for my pod and supply, u can stay here, lol :)

sounds like a good offer auz, and at least there is a smilie at the end of the message instead of...

If you can do a custom airbox for my pod and supply, u can stay here, lol ;)

:p

auzvectra
25th October 2008, 01:14 AM
haha, the smile could be as bad :p.

need all the gear i have access to up here to do a custom ;).

Nurb608
25th October 2008, 09:03 AM
Damn, was worth a shot. But you are right, this thread is starting to sound a little wierd.

auzvectra
25th October 2008, 09:45 AM
if u were able to get a spare, or send the manfold up here, we would be able to do something but :D.

nuggz
25th October 2008, 04:20 PM
if u were able to get a spare, or send the manfold up here, we would be able to do something but :D.

What kinda prices we talking about there matt?

Nurb608
25th October 2008, 04:50 PM
What kinda prices we talking about there matt?

Gees, you were even quicker getting home!

I'd be interested in prices too

auzvectra
26th October 2008, 07:04 PM
wouldnt be able to say without seeing the manifold and dicussing the custom 1 more ;).
but would certainly me more the a couple of hundred.

d.c.
28th October 2008, 08:08 PM
Hi auz, any idea of a date yet?

auzvectra
28th October 2008, 08:28 PM
soz, way too many hrs at work, been slack :(.
but i guess i got an excuse, when i'm doing upto 60-70hrs a week :p.
will send some pm's out now.

auzvectra
28th October 2008, 08:47 PM
pm's sent ;).

auzvectra
4th November 2008, 08:39 AM

deffinate's, people that are willing to put up the deposit (closer to the date) to book me in.

01. Nuggs Veccy B - Y26SE
03. Rond - Astra G Sri - Z22SE
04. Paulyj - Corsa C Sri - Z18XE
05. Ice - Astra G - Z18XE

nuggz
6th November 2008, 05:47 PM
So Matt, have any descisions been made?

any confirmed dates or anything like that

auzvectra
6th November 2008, 08:08 PM
date is confirmed for the 29th, and i will be sending out some pm's prob tomoz nite about the rest of the details, payment ect....

auzvectra
14th November 2008, 12:29 PM

deffinate's, people confirmed to put up the deposit to book me in.

01. Nuggs Veccy B - Y26SE - paid -
06. D.C. - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET
07. Z20LET - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET - paid - cleared

ASTRAY
14th November 2008, 01:12 PM

06. D.C. - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET

so the slappers being a slacker? :p
just kidding, couldnt resist :D

auzvectra
14th November 2008, 10:17 PM
nah, the slappers getting married and has more important things to worry about ;).
also i had contacted him saying that i may be doing a trip down to his home town if this 1 was a success, so no need to drive all the way ova to vic ;).

ASTRAY
15th November 2008, 01:36 AM
was just kidding mate,

congrats though happyslapper for the future marriage mate.

auzvectra
15th November 2008, 02:01 AM
yeah i know, was just filling u in ;).

HappySlapper82
15th November 2008, 10:32 AM
was just kidding mate,

congrats though happyslapper for the future marriage mate.

Thanks Mate :p

auzvectra
15th November 2008, 11:39 AM

03. Rond - Astra G Sri - Z22SE - paid -
06. D.C. - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET - paid -

Turblue
16th November 2008, 07:23 PM
And my percentage for coming to Vic to do the SRiT's is...??????

:dance:

auzvectra
16th November 2008, 08:11 PM
And my percentage for coming to Vic to do the SRiT's is...??????

:dance:

shit stirrer :p

auzvectra
17th November 2008, 06:32 PM
01. Nuggs Veccy B - Y26SE - paid - cleared
03. Rond - Astra G Sri - Z22SE - paid -
04. Paulyj - Corsa C Sri - Z18XE - paid -
06. D.C. - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET - paid -

Turblue
17th November 2008, 07:52 PM
shit stirrer :p

It is my file..... And my state..!!!

Have fun while you're here Matt...!!!

gman
17th November 2008, 08:04 PM
Nice.... :D heheheh

vectraguy01
17th November 2008, 08:33 PM
It is my file..... And my state..!!!

Have fun while you're here Matt...!!!

Should be a great wkend, might give u call when down there as well turb's!

nuggz
18th November 2008, 10:10 AM
11 more days!

vrroom vrrooooom!!!

auzvectra
18th November 2008, 10:24 AM
haha, some1's getting excited :p.

auzvectra
18th November 2008, 12:15 PM
01. Nuggs Veccy B - Y26SE - paid - cleared
03. Rond - Astra G Sri - Z22SE - paid - cleared
04. Paulyj - Corsa C Sri - Z18XE - paid - cleared
05. Ice - Astra G - Z18XE - paying Fri -
06. D.C. - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET - paid - cleared

nuggz
18th November 2008, 12:37 PM
Very rare opportunity here

if anyone else is thinking about it.... JUST DO IT

auzvectra
18th November 2008, 01:17 PM
haha, it seems i'm being called ova to WA also ;).

nuggz
21st November 2008, 12:24 PM
shotgun being one of the first to get done
i gotta run off to an engagement party after

d.c.
21st November 2008, 09:40 PM
shotgun being one of the first to get done
i gotta run off to an engagement party after

Sorry but your engagement party comes a distant second to me needing to go to a music festival and get drunk. :D

vectraguy01
24th November 2008, 01:59 PM
Well just to advise, flights are booked and so is accom, so matt n myself will be down late late friday nite, anyone wanna grab us from the airport??? :p

vectraguy01
24th November 2008, 02:02 PM
Anyone that does grab us might have there car remaped that nite if have the tuned file already!!! :p

nuggz
24th November 2008, 02:07 PM
Where abouts u guys staying?

vectraguy01
24th November 2008, 02:11 PM
right in the middle of the city! cnr of elizabeth and collins streets!

auzvectra
24th November 2008, 08:24 PM
good thing chris can get on here during the day seems i cant ;).

and i belive flyin into tullamarine :).

nuggz
24th November 2008, 08:43 PM
possibility of a quick night cruise around town

whats the plan for sat
everyone just meet up and off to work u go?

auzvectra
24th November 2008, 09:33 PM
i was pretty much leaving the organising of the magority to the locals ;), but i dont think there has been much more on the cruise idea??
i'm happy to work in with every1 ;), the Astra Sri's, and Veccy v6's take like 30 mins each read/write and the 1.8L astra's n turbo only take a few minutes unless the turbo has the problem ecu then i need to use the other module n it takes bout 15 mins each way.

i'll send a pm with my mobile number to all ;)

nuggz
24th November 2008, 10:49 PM
For lack of suggestions

As a meeting point for all getting the tune done
How does the park across from STI Docklands sound on Saterday?

Vfan
24th November 2008, 11:13 PM
i was pretty much leaving the organising of the magority to the locals ;), but i dont think there has been much more on the cruise idea??
i'm happy to work in with every1 ;), the Astra Sri's, and Veccy v6's take like 30 mins each read/write and the 1.8L astra's n turbo only take a few minutes unless the turbo has the problem ecu then i need to use the other module n it takes bout 15 mins each way.

i'll send a pm with my mobile number to all ;)

G'day
I am a complete n00b here, but the event seems too exciting to miss.
Could I come along to see the magic? Please PM me
I could be ur unplanned client
cheers

vectraguy01
25th November 2008, 12:03 AM
Vfan, auz I will get to pm you, are u interested in a tune for your car as well, if so wat car model do you have??

auzvectra
25th November 2008, 12:20 AM
i already pm'd them chris :p
it's a 2.5L veccy ;).

Vfan
25th November 2008, 12:45 AM
i already pm'd them chris :p
it's a 2.5L veccy ;).
I still can't send PMs :confused: (under 15 posts)
yes, it's 2.5 V6 Veccy, 1998 hatch, auto
how do I show it in my sig or smth
never mind - i'll figure it out eventually - too sleepy now

auzvectra
25th November 2008, 06:41 AM
think u need more posts to see or have sigs too ;).

Vfan
25th November 2008, 01:25 PM
think u need more posts to see or have sigs too ;).
I'll just keep posting then..

auzvectra
25th November 2008, 07:28 PM
haha, thats the way, find a general discusion thread, or perpetual n start spamming ;).

PaulyJ
25th November 2008, 09:20 PM
Well I can't do Friday night unfortunately... signing my life away that night ;)
Matt, as Nuggz suggested, the carpark opposite STI on Lorimer Street sounds like a good idea. Plenty of room, and there shouldn't be many cars there on a saturday.
I can pick you 2 up on sat and take you there, not a problem.
What time are you thinking of getting started?

auzvectra
25th November 2008, 09:40 PM
well we're gettin in late, so not too early :p. but otherwise not too late as it will take a while, hopefully there isnt too many that need a new file, as it'd be quicker to get most of em done on sat :D.
otherwise i'll have to upload the file sat nite n load the new file on sunday after i receive it :).

nuggz
25th November 2008, 11:34 PM
signing my life away that night ;)

Does that mean ur getting married?????? ConGRATS!!!:D
you gonna take your own photos?:p

As for time, i would prefer after lunchish
say around 1-2

Vfan
25th November 2008, 11:50 PM
the carpark opposite STI on Lorimer Street sounds like a good idea. Plenty of room, and there shouldn't be many cars there on a saturday.
what is STI? Subaru Interactive @ Docklands‎ (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=STI+lorimer+Docklands&ie=UTF8&sll=-37.823938,144.938839&sspn=0.017499,0.023109&latlng=-37823938,144938839,13903593246588817162&ei=SPUrSavPDp2cjQP7uI24DA&cd=1)?

have you guys sorted out airport pick up?

nuggz
26th November 2008, 12:01 AM
http://www2.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/7c82789acf68da3943d711c7dae1ef0f5g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=nzqjj411zmt&thumb=4)

it could be southbank
but thats the general location of it

nuggz
26th November 2008, 12:03 AM
what is STI? Subaru Interactive @ Docklands‎ (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=STI+lorimer+Docklands&ie=UTF8&sll=-37.823938,144.938839&sspn=0.017499,0.023109&latlng=-37823938,144938839,13903593246588817162&ei=SPUrSavPDp2cjQP7uI24DA&cd=1)?

Bingo! thats the one mate
look forward to seeing another veccy =)

Vfan
26th November 2008, 12:08 AM
look forward to seeing another veccy =)

you won't be impressed (yet) - all stock standard

auzvectra
26th November 2008, 12:58 AM
we'll prob just cab it to the hotel i'd say, will be a late arrival, 11:40 i think ;).

vectraguy01
26th November 2008, 09:54 AM
Yer basically get off plane at 11.35pm, so wont get to hotel till i guess after 12, then might go for a drink or something!

nuggz
26th November 2008, 10:09 AM
Yer basically get off plane at 11.35pm, so wont get to hotel till i guess after 12, then might go for a drink or something!

If it was a couple hours earlier i could
but thats toooooo late
i'll be in bed
or in a club :D

PaulyJ
26th November 2008, 11:04 AM
Ok, so what time are we starting this off on Saturday?
11am?

auzvectra
26th November 2008, 11:33 AM
i'd say newhere from 10am on ;), couldnt sleep in that long if i tried :D.
other then that, the rest is up to you, and i'll just follow along ;).

auzvectra
26th November 2008, 11:39 AM
just as a matter of interest, is the cruise still happening on sunday??
if so i'll hire a car :D

nuggz
26th November 2008, 12:58 PM
just as a matter of interest, is the cruise still happening on sunday??
if so i'll hire a car :D

If there is a cruise, im sure people will have a spare seat for ya's
unless u really want to drive

vectraguy01
26th November 2008, 01:52 PM
id say anytime after breaky!!

nuggz
26th November 2008, 02:01 PM
Lets confirm it then

We'll meet across for STI docklands at 11am

If you 2 need a lift let me know ;)

PaulyJ
26th November 2008, 02:31 PM
Matt, I'll pick you 2 up around 10ish, go for a quick drive around the city, and start tuning at 11am.
Not sure if there is a cruise Sunday.
Wouldn't be able to make it even if there was. Sure something can still be organised?

Ice
26th November 2008, 03:21 PM
This is for the tuning action i take it ?!

can someone post a melway ref or google maps reference for those who dont know where it is.

nuggz
26th November 2008, 03:41 PM
Confirmed Date and Location for Auz Tunes

Time : 11am, Saterday 29th
Location : Across the road from STI Docklands (99 Lorimer St, Southbank)
Melway Reference 2E D9 ( i think?)

If anyone feels they need a contact number in case they get lost, just shoot me a PM

http://www2.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/5ceaa879ff49b9060ffaf98f0f034c485g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mm32ogdz0hz&thumb=4)

vectraguy01
26th November 2008, 03:50 PM
Are there any tunnels in melb?? cos the 2.6 sounds bloody awesome with the tune n at high revs in 2nd gear!! :p

nuggz
26th November 2008, 03:54 PM
Are there any tunnels in melb?? cos the 2.6 sounds bloody awesome with the tune n at high revs in 2nd gear!! :p

Yeah but they're all fullo camera's
i've still got the stock exhaust and airbox so dont expect that much noise

i'm considering shortening my cold air pipe though, when it slipped out last time, it sounded blardy awesome :D:D:D

PaulyJ
26th November 2008, 04:03 PM
Kings way bridge thru crown will give you a nice note
I always use to drop it into 2nd when I had the B

vectraguy01
26th November 2008, 04:25 PM
Full of camera's ay thats no fun, i have an idea just take ur number plates off n fly through it, done! :p

auzvectra
26th November 2008, 04:43 PM
Matt, I'll pick you 2 up around 10ish, go for a quick drive around the city, and start tuning at 11am.

thanks pauly ;).
would be nice if they are all common files, but i doubt we're that lucky, so the 1's that rnt will need to meet at some stage sunday to load the new file ;).

vectraguy01
27th November 2008, 10:52 AM
Whats the weather gunna be like down in melb this wkend?? Bom.gov.au states cold with showers! :( not happy jan!

nuggz
27th November 2008, 10:59 AM
Its Melbourne, get used to it =P

d.c.
28th November 2008, 01:14 AM
Confirmed Date and Location for Auz Tunes

Time : 11am, Saterday 29th
Location : Across the road from STI Docklands (99 Lorimer St, Southbank)
Melway Reference 2E D9 ( i think?)

If anyone feels they need a contact number in case they get lost, just shoot me a PM

Cool see everyone there.

Vfan
29th November 2008, 09:55 PM
that was frigging awesome :dance:
I even got my first (unplanned) mod -3.8 FPR
thank you Andrew, Chris, Matt, Paul and everyone else
on my return home I cut the airflow pipe (as suggested)
does it count as a mod or is it a part of "3 pipe mod" :confused:
go and change my sig now

cheers
Yuri

HappySlapper82
30th November 2008, 01:51 PM
Cut the airflow pipe? Tell me more

auzvectra
30th November 2008, 04:22 PM
01. Nuggs Veccy B - Y26SE - paid - cleared - Awaiting file
03. Rond - Astra G Sri - Z22SE - paid - cleared - Awaiting file
04. Paulyj - Corsa C Sri - Z18XE - paid - cleared - Awaiting file
05. Ice - Astra G - Z18XE - paid - Tuned
06. D.C. - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET - paid - cleared - Tuned
07. Z20LET - Astra G Sri-t - Z20LET - paid - cleared - Tuned

vectraguy01
30th November 2008, 04:23 PM
Cut the airflow pipe? Tell me more

meaning de-restricting the airbox!

auzvectra
30th November 2008, 04:25 PM
well apart from my uk guys taking more then 1 nite for returning the tuned files, less the 2.6L file which took a while due to they dont have many of them ova there, this trip was a suscess.

for any future trips i will try to do them on a long wkend, or make a long wkend out of it, so i can read the cars on the friday arvo/nite to save this.

i have left the module and software with 1 of the local members to load the files as soon as i get them n send them thru.

nuggz
30th November 2008, 07:09 PM
Big thanks to Matt and Chris who made the trip down
much appreciated mate.

auzvectra
30th November 2008, 08:11 PM
yes i also forgot to thank every1 that helped us out by driving us round, n picking us up n dropping us to the airport ;).

it was really good to meet a great bunch of people.

vectraguy01
30th November 2008, 09:05 PM
It was a great trip, thanks to everyone for attending while we were down there and making us feel welcome!

HappySlapper82
1st December 2008, 07:37 AM
meaning de-restricting the airbox!

Oh. Bugger I've already done that :D

Nurb608
1st December 2008, 07:46 AM
Good to meet Matt and Chris, was a good weekend, and although I didn't get a file, got some great sunburn :)

Ice
1st December 2008, 09:01 AM
Was good to meet you guys and thanks for the flash ! but next time get an earlier flight, haha

vectraguy01
1st December 2008, 09:48 AM
Bloody jetstar again wont be flying with them again!

d.c.
1st December 2008, 05:36 PM
Massive thanks to auzvectra for making the trip I am really happy with the results and can't wait to get some more mods going.

Great to meet everyone one else and talk cars for a few hours. Hope to catch up again soon.

............I also got sun-burnt :mad: who would have expected that in Melbourne:D

nuggz
1st December 2008, 05:40 PM
I am really happy with the results

We could tell with ur smile after your first test drive ;)

d.c.
1st December 2008, 05:41 PM
We could tell with ur smile after your first test drive ;)

I smiled a few times on the trip back to SA.:D

Z20LET
1st December 2008, 05:45 PM
Big thanks to Matt for the tune and yes i'm still :D. Good to meet a few of the guys on here and match the user names with the faces. I also got very sunburnt :mad:.

nuggz
1st December 2008, 05:50 PM
im still waiting for my :D
but at least my airbags work now :o (Thanks Matt!)

Nurb608
1st December 2008, 07:14 PM
im still waiting for my :D
but at least my airbags work now :o (Thanks Matt!)

After your map, I don't think the airbags are gonna help ya:p

Turblue
1st December 2008, 07:32 PM
Big thanks to Matt for the tune and yes i'm still :D. Good to meet a few of the guys on here and match the user names with the faces. I also got very sunburnt :mad:.

Yes... I hope you enjoy my SRiT tune........ :rolleyes:

Z20LET
1st December 2008, 07:35 PM
Yes... I hope you enjoy my SRiT tune........ :rolleyes:

Yep, I sure do. :D

Vfan
1st December 2008, 09:43 PM
..my airbags work now..
and how do you know? done some testing?;)

daaaaavek
1st December 2008, 10:04 PM
I'll be interested to see how the Z22SE that was tuned goes ..

auzvectra
1st December 2008, 10:57 PM
oh dave astra g has his vert done, theres a reveiw link in the thread for it in my sig ;)

PaulyJ
2nd December 2008, 11:58 AM
Oh the wait is killing me.
I want some more :D factor

nuggz
2nd December 2008, 12:25 PM
then you have to wait for me to load u up! :p

ran some 0-100 test last night to see if the 3.0 map is still giving me normal power. averaged 8.3-8.4 with baby starts

Will be good to see what it does after the map

vectraguy01
2nd December 2008, 03:12 PM
nuggz, launch it from 3.5-5k without traction on using hand brake, was the best for me, used to do 4-5k launches on the black top! :p

Does take about 1 wk or so driving to have it running good, normaly will go through more fuel in the first wk or so, cos it gets used to the new map!

nuggz
2nd December 2008, 03:36 PM
nuggz, launch it from 3.5-5k without traction on using hand brake, was the best for me, used to do 4-5k launches on the black top! :p

Does take about 1 wk or so driving to have it running good, normaly will go through more fuel in the first wk or so, cos it gets used to the new map!

yea i dropped it at about 3-4k and just spun the wheels

Im pretty sure with a decent driver at the wheel, it would run close to 8 flat

vectraguy01
2nd December 2008, 04:27 PM
you need to feather the clutch out to not let it spin, otherwise have traction on, and feather it out with it so when it notices it spins it cuts some power!

auzvectra
2nd December 2008, 10:57 PM
Im pretty sure with a decent driver at the wheel, it would run close to 8 flat

u mean with me driving then :p, haha jks.

the files have finally arrived, so i'll send them to nuggz tomoz mornin then you can all organise a meeting time to get it all done, u'll have to allow about 2 hrs to do all 3, although i'm sure nuggz will do his as soon as he gets a chance, which will cut it down to 1 hr, pauly's only taking 5 mins of coarse :).

nuggz
2nd December 2008, 11:20 PM
Yep!@

and i got a new battery too!

vectraguy01
3rd December 2008, 09:49 AM
Awesome glad they all came now!

SSS_Hoon
3rd December 2008, 09:53 AM
awesome news, sounds like it was a success, so to speak.

SSS_Hoon

nuggz
3rd December 2008, 09:57 AM
awesome news, sounds like it was a success, so to speak.

SSS_Hoon

Unless i fudge something up and fry 3 ecu's :p

vectraguy01
3rd December 2008, 11:11 AM
shouldnt do, will be fine nuggz :)

auzvectra
3rd December 2008, 11:32 AM
haha, thats pretty hard to do with that module nuggz ;).
may be near impossible with the new module that i'm thinking about getting :D.

nuggz
3rd December 2008, 11:52 AM
haha, thats pretty hard to do with that module nuggz ;).
may be near impossible with the new module that i'm thinking about getting :D.

if its usb,
i could do all ur melb jobs easy as pie

and if you've forgotten ... [email protected]

auzvectra
3rd December 2008, 09:59 PM
haha, i went in n got ur email from the messenger from last nite ;).
oh yeah, n they're sent thru :).

nuggz
3rd December 2008, 11:39 PM
Got em mate,

exciting times are soon to come :D

nuggz
4th December 2008, 10:46 AM
Hey Matt...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

just loaded the file,
took it for a quick spin to see whats what
i realise it hasn't had any time to settle or adjust but i can already tell the difference.

+1 to the happy customer list

auzvectra
4th December 2008, 10:58 AM
haha, well i am yet to have a +1 to the unhappy customers list of ne that i have tuned :).

PaulyJ
4th December 2008, 02:06 PM
I so can't wait!
8R0T3K garage will be buzzing tonight!

Vfan
4th December 2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Matt...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

just loaded the file,
took it for a quick spin to see whats what
i realise it hasn't had any time to settle or adjust but i can already tell the difference.

+1 to the happy customer list

I know that feelings are difficult to explain in words, but please, try

nuggz
4th December 2008, 10:25 PM
I know that feelings are difficult to explain in words, but please, try

Ask anyone who took a ride in it tonight, i'll think they agree the noise it makes now, is just :eek: WTF!! is that a vectra?

its smooth power all the through the revs. no more flat spots and it doesn't back off as much up the top end

i'll take you for a drive, when i'll give you the stickies.

auzvectra
4th December 2008, 11:33 PM
haha, a tuned motor always sounds beta :D.

PaulyJ
4th December 2008, 11:43 PM
All done
Took all of... 5 minutes to do!
Went for a quick spurt and could feel a difference, but it was too short to really compare.
Will do some more driving tomorrow and see, but first impressions... :D

Matt, thanks for all your help and for flying down, much appreciated.
Andrew, thanks for coming around and doing the tune. Was good to have 6 members at mine working away on the cars, should do that more often.

nuggz
4th December 2008, 11:50 PM
yep, was good to catch up with everyone
finally got to see brotek at work

PaulyJ
4th December 2008, 11:52 PM
who? ;)

auzvectra
5th December 2008, 12:25 AM
All done
Took all of... 5 minutes to do!
Went for a quick spurt and could feel a difference, but it was too short to really compare.
Will do some more driving tomorrow and see, but first impressions... :D

Matt, thanks for all your help and for flying down, much appreciated.
Andrew, thanks for coming around and doing the tune. Was good to have 6 members at mine working away on the cars, should do that more often.

haha, no problems ;)
it was good to meet every1 that we did down there :).

Rond
5th December 2008, 08:43 AM
big thanxs to matt for the tune and pauly and andrew. one my way home yesterday wow is all i can think of. this morning though it felt as though the clutch was a little lighter than yesterday?? also the car revs so much easier through the range and the car feels lighter as well because of this.

thanxs once again guys. :)

SSS_Hoon
5th December 2008, 09:35 AM
haha, no problems ;)
it was good to meet every1 that we did down there :).

didnt know it was that sort of get together and flash, if i had i might of flown there aswell.....:dance:

SSS_Hoon

vectraguy01
5th December 2008, 09:46 AM
glad to hear it nuggz, have u checked wat speed you can do in 1st n 2nd gear as yet, i enjoyed mine doing 118km/p/hr in 2nd gear!! :p

nuggz
5th December 2008, 09:55 AM
the speeds dont seem to have changed
i was at 105 and there wasn't much left in it

SSS_Hoon
5th December 2008, 10:00 AM
the speeds shouldnt change just getting to the speed will be faster is all.

Unless of course the rev limit was changed.

SSS_Hoon

vectraguy01
5th December 2008, 10:43 AM
rev limit is changed, well it was in mine, went all the way to 7k n maybe alittle past!

auzvectra
5th December 2008, 11:33 AM
yeah most the time they change the rev limit by a couple of rpm with the tunes. n urs went to 7K chris, just opel was too lazy to calibrate the tacho's acurately ;).

nuggz, update ur sig :p.

good to hear ur all having fun, hope ur not terrorising the streets too much ;).

nuggz
5th December 2008, 12:32 PM
yeah most the time they change the rev limit by a couple of rpm with the tunes. n urs went to 7K chris, just opel was too lazy to calibrate the tacho's acurately ;).

nuggz, update ur sig :p.

good to hear ur all having fun, hope ur not terrorising the streets too much ;).

yeah i dont think mine will go to 118
the initial run in paulys car the was the same, no change the rev limit

and terrorising streets? there were cops around the corner from Pauly's place after last night :p

PaulyJ
5th December 2008, 01:00 PM
and terrorising streets? there were cops around the corner from Pauly's place after last night :p

Yeah thanks...
They might be there tonight too ;)

ASTRAY
5th December 2008, 03:38 PM
did anyone have decent hills on their way home? did you notice after the tune you dont need as much throttle to get up the hills?
i noticed this in my 1,8 astra.

cant wait for the tunes to settle in and everyone reports on the fuel economy.
the day after the tune i noticed a 50% increase in fuel.
a month later i noticed a 30% decrease in fuel usage.
the tune probably settled quicker than a month, but it was a month before i had a decent drive to be able to notice the difference.

some people may freak at the 50% increase, (like i did lol) but what they have to understand is that increase will only last a week or so...
(im sure it depends on kms travelled not time),
and after that its the 30% decrease for the life of the vehicle!, or till you sell it.

lets say you usually spend $1560 a year on fuel ($60/fortnight), with a 30% decrease your annual fuel cost is approx $1000, saving you $500. in just over 12months time the tune has paid for itself!

nuggz
5th December 2008, 04:07 PM
did anyone have decent hills on their way home? did you notice after the tune you dont need as much throttle to get up the hills?

the tune probably settled quicker than a month, but it was a month before i had a decent drive to be able to notice the difference.

some people may freak at the 50% increase, (like i did lol) but what they have to understand is that increase will only last a week or so...
and after that its the 30% decrease for the life of the vehicle!, or till you sell it.

lets say you usually spend $1560 a year on fuel ($60/fortnight), with a 30% decrease your annual fuel cost is approx $1000, saving you $500. in just over 12months time the tune has paid for itself!

Definate noticed the up hill thing
3rd gear 2k revs, pulling up hill nicely no need to rev the crap outta it

i've noticed the fuel go up a smidge
but i have been thumping the living crap outta it tho

auzvectra
5th December 2008, 05:52 PM
haha, that hot sound does that, u feel the urg to load it up all the time :D.
yeah the Z18XE doesnt increase the limiter. surprised urs didnt but nuggz.

nuggz
5th December 2008, 05:58 PM
haha, that hot sound does that, u feel the urg to load it up all the time :D.
yeah the Z18XE doesnt increase the limiter. surprised urs didnt but nuggz.

to be honest
i didnt really sit there waiting for it to start bouncing off the redline
there wasn't really any power left, rather go to third and start the roar all over again :D

nuggz
5th December 2008, 06:02 PM
Could also be my fuel pump not keeping up

auzvectra
5th December 2008, 06:05 PM
Could also be my fuel pump not keeping up

yeah tru, the stock 1 would keep up if it's in good order, but from what u were sayin the other day it doesnt sound as though it is :(.

Z20LET
5th December 2008, 06:37 PM

I'm looking forward to this decrease your talking about. I doubt i'll see it for a while as I'm constantly enjoying that surge of boost in 2nd :D. It hasn't even been a week yet. I assume the ECU is still tuning.

nuggz
5th December 2008, 09:28 PM
You probably wont notice it in the turbs

i've done about 150ks
and i think its pretty much settled

ASTRAY
6th December 2008, 12:10 PM
I'm looking forward to this decrease your talking about. I doubt i'll see it for a while as I'm constantly enjoying that surge of boost in 2nd :D. It hasn't even been a week yet. I assume the ECU is still tuning.

as nuggs said, dunno if you will notice in the turbo models, id say each react differently. but i definately noticed a 30% decrease. usually takes me 1 and half tanks to lower syd and back, but after tune it took me only 1 full tank.
ill be driving to canberra at the end of the month, so ill let you all know how that goes. it usually takes me 1 full tank to the outskirts of a.c.t, and 1 full tank back. so 2 full tanks return.
im guessing this time it will only take a little under 1 and half tanks return.

d.c.
7th December 2008, 05:38 PM

Not sure if you will see a decrease, on my trip to Melbourne to get the flash I averaged 8.3L/100kM and the return trip I averaged 8.5L/100kM. Both trips where in similar weather with similar weights on board so I guess its a reasonable test. I would say you would probably see similar fuel consumption unless you are really hauling and on boost all the time then it will be worse.

Most of the time I don't do many kMs so I am not too worried about fuel consumption and I would sacrifice it for more performance anyway.:D

Z20LET
7th December 2008, 07:47 PM
Not sure if you will see a decrease, on my trip to Melbourne to get the flash I averaged 8.3L/100kM and the return trip I averaged 8.5L/100kM. Both trips where in similar weather with similar weights on board so I guess its a reasonable test. I would say you would probably see similar fuel consumption unless you are really hauling and on boost all the time then it will be worse.

Most of the time I don't do many kMs so I am not too worried about fuel consumption and I would sacrifice it for more performance anyway.:D

Yeah, I suppose you can't have something for nothing.;)

auzvectra
7th December 2008, 09:19 PM
give it some time, you should see a decrease depending on how you drive it ;).
1 of my cars did 4.7L/100 hway cruising after remap, seems too low, but possible.

Z20LET
7th December 2008, 09:24 PM
give it some time, you should see a decrease depending on how you drive it ;).
1 of my cars did 4.7L/100 hway cruising after remap, seems too low, but possible.

I'll give it time as I'm still having fun:D

auzvectra
7th December 2008, 09:28 PM
hahaha, i bet u r ;) :D.

PaulyJ
8th December 2008, 07:35 PM
Love it love it love it
2nd and 3rd feel greeeeeeat!
Just pulls!
Happy is an understatement

auzvectra
8th December 2008, 08:25 PM
Love it love it love it
2nd and 3rd feel greeeeeeat!
Just pulls!
Happy is an understatement

haha, glad ur enjoying it pauly ;)

nuggz
8th December 2008, 09:39 PM
we still gotta have a run Mr Pauly J
:D

sooty
8th December 2008, 09:44 PM
we still gotta have a run Mr Pauly J
:D

So do we :p

And at least you know what your 0-100 is now :D
(from testing on a private air strip of course)

nuggz
8th December 2008, 09:49 PM
So do we :p

And at least you know what your 0-100 is now :D
(from testing on a private air strip of course)

yeah about that lol
not as quick as i was hoping
gotta get anew fuel pump
or work out better shifting points

CNBLU
8th December 2008, 11:33 PM
Someone say run???:D

nuggz
9th December 2008, 02:52 PM
Almost 1 week in

The cars gotten a bit quieter and gotten alot smoother
2nd pulls harder then ever

and the car is alot more driveable at low rpms, i can pretty much drive normally and not go past 2.5k rpm

sooty
9th December 2008, 03:11 PM

Getting yours off the line cleanly would take a lot of driver skill, you up to it Gav? :p:)

nuggz
9th December 2008, 03:17 PM
better do it soon before he gets his LSD in

sooty
9th December 2008, 03:20 PM
better do it soon before he gets his LSD in

lol, that wasn't a challenge, just declaring how difficult it would be. :cool:

vectraguy01
9th December 2008, 06:45 PM
its not that hard to get a veccy b v6 off the line, done it many times, used to be next to a sri-t g tuned if i get a great launch he doesnt get in front till about 80km's. lol

auzvectra
9th December 2008, 09:58 PM

if u wernt so far away i'd take the challenge :D.

CNBLU
10th December 2008, 12:28 AM
well maybe next visit you could bring the mystery machine along:p