PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a car

sadavidsriturbo
4th September 2008, 10:32 PM
My mates VZ SS I will let the pictures do the talking(built by Tony Dimas all track road and dyno ) for Ben Young aka BLOCK rest in peace bro x

poita
4th September 2008, 10:51 PM
dam that looks good :)
any specs or pics of the whole car?

PaulyJ
4th September 2008, 10:51 PM
As above

CNBLU
4th September 2008, 10:58 PM
what are we comparing it to?

EL BURITO
4th September 2008, 11:34 PM
i want those breaks

bornwild
4th September 2008, 11:36 PM
Looking at the mods, my guess is about ~450kW at the flywheel

sadavidsriturbo
5th September 2008, 08:02 AM
what are we comparing it to?

Not really comparing it to any thing just thought id show youz

sadavidsriturbo
5th September 2008, 08:07 AM
Looking at the mods, my guess is about ~450kW at the flywheel

Na hasnt been on the dyno yet but they managed to get 401kws at the wheels out of a vy berlina ls1 with only exhaust, edit ,throttle body ,cold air intake after driving this thing it loses traction at 60 ks 1/4 throttle with 275s on the back and incase you are wondering that the vz senator rims on it arnt that wide the front have been chopped 1 inch and the rear widened :eek:

sadavidsriturbo
5th September 2008, 08:09 AM
dam that looks good :)
any specs or pics of the whole car?

ill get some more pics and specks of the car up soon and also some of his others ;)

SKM_87
5th September 2008, 08:47 AM
you sure on that figure, dosnt sound right to me. usally seen about 310-330rwhp with those mods.

nice car anyway, yeh those brakes are awsome. id say around 500rwhp

sadavidsriturbo
5th September 2008, 08:52 AM
you sure on that figure, dosnt sound right to me. usally seen about 310-330rwhp with those mods.

could be hp ??? im pretty sure it was kws :confused::confused::confused:

btm
5th September 2008, 08:55 AM
would like to see more!

lithium
5th September 2008, 11:56 AM
looks impressive, thats the biggest throttle body i've ever seen :eek:

mr corsa
5th September 2008, 01:19 PM
with 4 extra pistons you think it would have more

Greg K
5th September 2008, 02:52 PM

this just proves how much of a monster you have built Tony

sadavidsriturbo
5th September 2008, 09:02 PM

More what ???

sadavidsriturbo
5th September 2008, 09:03 PM
this just proves how much of a monster you have built Tony

:confused::confused::confused:

bornwild
5th September 2008, 09:35 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

He has 544hp at the wheels with a 1.8L...

glider
6th September 2008, 06:10 AM
i thought it was a c20let?

Charlatan
6th September 2008, 09:20 AM
i want those breaks

brakes dude, unless you want broken ones.

Nice motor

sadavidsriturbo
6th September 2008, 09:27 AM
He has 544hp at the wheels with a 1.8L...

ok well that's great considering we don't even know how much this has yet if he wants to be like that then i guess this has double ..........

xplosv57
6th September 2008, 12:17 PM

Blown and on the bottle i've seen quite high numbers out of LSx cars, depending on how they've been built!

Nice power output, but how does it go around corners??

bornwild
6th September 2008, 06:18 PM
ok well that's great considering we don't even know how much this has yet if he wants to be like that then i guess this has double ..........

His is a completely new engine...almost.

Blown and on the bottle i've seen quite high numbers out of LSx cars, depending on how they've been built!

Nice power output, but how does it go around corners??

Who said it goes around corners :D

Wraith
9th September 2008, 09:09 AM
That's AWESOME - F.I and NOS what a combination to have on a V8....

Straight line monster no doubt, traction will be an issue though...and forget the corners, that's the negative with a typical large Holden sedan, but in traffic light duels, this thing will em em up :D

Happy motoring :D

Someone mentioned Mr Corsa's car - yes it may have more power with its 1.8ltr, but your comparing apples to eggs !!! do the same amount of work and modifications to that V8 and it'll produce a similar power/displacement output, which would be some completely ridiculous amount of power that would overwhelm the Commodore chassis, unless it were totally modified to pro stock spec, so no point really if it is to be a street car...

sadavidsriturbo
9th September 2008, 10:18 PM
That's AWESOME - F.I and NOS what a combination to have on a V8....

Straight line monster no doubt, traction will be an issue though...and forget the corners, that's the negative with a typical large Holden sedan, but in traffic light duels, this thing will em em up :D

Happy motoring :D

Someone mentioned Mr Corsa's car - yes it may have more power with its 1.8ltr, but your comparing apples to eggs !!! do the same amount of work and modifications to that V8 and it'll produce a similar power/displacement output, which would be some completely ridiculous amount of power that would overwhelm the Commodore chassis, unless it were totally modified to pro stock spec, so no point really if it is to be a street car...

I can almost bet my left testie that it will produce 1000+ hp at the wheels and 1st night with it on the road it ripped the tail shaft off the chassis anyhow 2 everyone else on here dont DONT HATE APPRECIATE :D oh yeah more pics coming up soon

sadavidsriturbo
9th September 2008, 10:31 PM

Was at the work shop and it was kws not hp if you convert what you are saying 310 -330 hp to kws its 231kws to 246kw and thats what you get out of a ls2 stock at the wheels i thought i was right :D

sadavidsriturbo
10th September 2008, 01:28 AM
some more pics nothing flash on the outside ;)

Wraith
10th September 2008, 09:08 AM
I can almost bet my left testie that it will produce 1000+ hp at the wheels and 1st night with it on the road it ripped the tail shaft off the chassis anyhow 2 everyone else on here dont DONT HATE APPRECIATE :D oh yeah more pics coming up soon

I here you mate and I know exactly what your on about - I had a suspision it was already too much for the chassis/drivetrain to handle hence my comments in my 1st post - and I was right ;)

I've owned/built several high power V8's myself and know all about this stuff :) I'm still seriously contemplating a CV8Z TT project soon - 400kw / 700nm @ the wheels and everyday driveable/reliable with just a lazy 5psi - you've gotta love V8's :)

I had a 9sec GTR XU-1 with an avgas and NOS fed fully worked 350 Chev that punched out over 500kw @ the wheels and wasn't even running at anywhere near max. output !!! it could produce well over 1000hp, but at that power level, it would be also producing close to 1500nm and it would simply rip the car apart :eek: :D so again - no point ;)

Problem here sadavidsriturbo is that not all but alot of peeps are 4 pot only fans, with no appreciation for anything else, regardless of how good it is, so your always going to get some 'hate' with anything other than a typical 4 potter, especially a Commodore or Falcon LOL, but don't worry, I'm sure your mate with his V8 will be the one laughing after most encounters on the streets :D

btm
10th September 2008, 09:20 AM
so she's a sleeper from the outside. love it!

sadavidsriturbo
10th September 2008, 09:26 AM
I here you mate and I know exactly what your on about - I had a suspision it was already too much for the chassis/drivetrain to handle hence my comments in my 1st post - and I was right ;)

I've owned/built several high power V8's myself and know all about this stuff :) I'm still seriously contemplating a CV8Z TT project soon - 400kw / 700nm @ the wheels and everyday driveable/reliable with just a lazy 5psi - you've gotta love V8's :)

I had a 9sec GTR XU-1 with an avgas and NOS fed fully worked 350 Chev that punched out over 500kw @ the wheels and wasn't even running at anywhere near max. output !!! it could produce well over 1000hp, but at that power level, it would be also producing close to 1500nm and it would simply rip the car apart :eek: :D so again - no point ;)

Problem here sadavidsriturbo is that not all but alot of peeps are 4 pot only fans, with no appreciation for anything else, regardless of how good it is, so your always going to get some 'hate' with anything other than a typical 4 potter, especially a Commodore or Falcon LOL, but don't worry, I'm sure your mate with his V8 will be the one laughing after most encounters on the streets :D

yeah well your exactly right i had the pleasure of driving this thing again yesterday for about an hour and it was amazing kinda sucks now because i want it or somthing like it and as you said asside from the petrol prices you could drive it every day half the drive was in peak hour traffic and the temp didnt even get over 1/4 just like a standard 1 yeah it wont go around corners as well as you for banger but it had no problems leaving me for dead in the back streets and he wasn't even trying but im glad someone on here isnt narrow minded i know its an opel fourm but like i said dony hate appreciate

9090GO
10th September 2008, 05:40 PM
V8...............fuel........

bornwild
10th September 2008, 06:02 PM
You'd have to be an idiot to drive that thing everyday

sadavidsriturbo
10th September 2008, 06:12 PM

Or rich:D

xplosv57
10th September 2008, 06:36 PM
Na hasnt been on the dyno yet but they managed to get 401kws at the wheels out of a vy berlina ls1 with only exhaust, edit ,throttle body ,cold air intake

Was at the work shop and it was kws not hp if you convert what you are saying 310 -330 hp to kws its 231kws to 246kw and thats what you get out of a ls2 stock at the wheels i thought i was right :D

Sorry mate, i've got a similar car with pretty much identical mods and made nowhere near 401rwkw, unless it had heads, cam or some sort of forced induction, it wouldn't make that sort of power!!

bornwild
10th September 2008, 06:42 PM
Or rich:D

Driving a commodore SS...obviously not that rich

sadavidsriturbo
10th September 2008, 06:45 PM
Sorry mate, i've got a similar car with pretty much identical mods and made nowhere near 401rwkw, unless it had heads, cam or some sort of forced induction, it wouldn't make that sort of power!!

sorry sorry sorry it had a cam :o

SKM_87
11th September 2008, 08:37 AM
that makes a huge diff to what i said before. must be a rather large cam though. our street spec cam get about 410rwhp

Wraith
11th September 2008, 08:49 AM

Agree - except for the idiot part :)

This is the kind of car you'd love to have as a toy or pride and joy you take out occaisionally, on weekends, weeknights, definitely not something you'd want to drive as a DD ;)

Wraith
11th September 2008, 08:55 AM

Steve, depending on the forced induction type/set up, it's possible to get 400kw @ the wheels with only 6psi and NOTHING else at all on a completely unmodified, bone stock LS2 !!!

Same set up on an LS1 will deliver around 380kw @ the wheels - LS2 stock spec. has a higher comp. ratio and better cam profile giving that little bit extra...

Go to the APS and CAPA sites and check out the V8 FI set ups, all the info's there ;)

sadavidsriturbo
11th September 2008, 10:10 AM
Driving a commodore SS...obviously not that rich

you stupid **** think its his only car the guy has a warehouse full of cars just to name a few , 2 ve gts commodores 1 mild 1 still getting built which is going to have a whipple crank driven supercharger and a iron block so if that might give you an indication of how rich but ill keep going the second one he bought just so he still had a gts to drive, vz ss, hk gts 327 bathurst, some old school corvette, a ss camaro done up and another just in shell form ,some old plymoth , a vk brock , oh and a supercharged range rover sport i could keep on listing more cars but ill get on to the harleys 1 brand new dyna 1 heratige soft tail and a custom dyna the only original thing left on that is the frame but anyhow have some respect he was a close mate and he is dead you **** if your going to make assuptions im just going to assume your a stupid retard ..........

Misguidedangel
11th September 2008, 10:53 AM
you stupid **** think its his only car the guy has a warehouse full of cars just to name a few , 2 ve gts commodores 1 mild 1 still getting built which is going to have a whipple crank driven supercharger and a iron block so if that might give you an indication of how rich but ill keep going the second one he bought just so he still had a gts to drive, vz ss, hk gts 327 bathurst, some old school corvette, a ss camaro done up and another just in shell form ,some old plymoth , a vk brock , oh and a supercharged range rover sport i could keep on listing more cars but ill get on to the harleys 1 brand new dyna 1 heratige soft tail and a custom dyna the only original thing left on that is the frame but anyhow have some respect he was a close mate and he is dead you **** if your going to make assuptions im just going to assume your a stupid retard ..........

Next time you get on your soap box, try using some punctuation!

bornwild
11th September 2008, 02:02 PM

That time of the month?

Wraith
11th September 2008, 02:32 PM

Whoa - calm down sadavidsriturbo - Mr Bornwild is our forum jester, but he wouldn't have meant any harm :) just a typical Commodore joke and you'll get plenty on this forum - remember I mentioned earlier on in another post, this is predominantly a 'one eyed' Euro 4 pot biased forum, so you've gotta live with that fact...despite that, I'm sure everybody here respects any machine done up like your mates Commodore, if not here, then definitely on the street :D

I'll bet now he knows this guys a 'REAL' car buff, he would never have made that comment... ;) so it's all good :)

bornwild
11th September 2008, 02:38 PM
*passes on tampons to sadavidsriturbo*

Yeap, Ange is quite right

lithium
11th September 2008, 02:42 PM
i think this puts it best:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
:p ps. i do like the V8

bornwild
11th September 2008, 02:50 PM
i think this puts it best:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
:p ps. i do like the V8

hahahahhahahhahahahahaahahahhahahhahahahah:D :D

BTW, a SA based company does some kits that push the engine up to 450kW(not sure if it's at the wheels or not) for about $6,000. I saw an add a while ago in one of the tuner carmags in the newsagency.

sadavidsriturbo
11th September 2008, 02:55 PM
*passes on tampons to sadavidsriturbo*

Yeap, Ange is quite right

It aint about tampons or that time of the month the guy is deceased of course im going to stick up for him when you say shit like that but anyhow these are the new brakes for his Ve Gts need to have your seatbelt on just to use them i think:rolleyes:

sadavidsriturbo
11th September 2008, 03:14 PM
Next time you get on your soap box, try using some punctuation!

Its a forum not a year 12 English class

Wraith
11th September 2008, 03:14 PM
It aint about tampons or that time of the month the guy is deceased of course im going to stick up for him when you say shit like that but anyhow these are the new brakes for his Ve Gts need to have your seatbelt on just to use them i think:rolleyes:

WOW - I'm impressed...

Once again, you are right in your comment !!!

I've owned a HSV LS1 powered R8 and it was fitted with the Harrop 'whoppa stoppers' and yes everytime I'm leaned on them, it almost made my eyeballs pop out of their sockets, so I could just imagine the negative g forces created by those above....

I Definitely want to see some pics when it's all done and finished :)

bornwild
11th September 2008, 04:07 PM
Sorry dude, didn't know he was deceased. I wasn't trying to offend anyone anyhow.(except you cause you had a go at me :p)

bornwild
11th September 2008, 04:08 PM
4 piston brakes....whats the dimensions of that? 30cm?

Wraith
11th September 2008, 04:17 PM
4 piston breakes....whats the dimensions of that? 30cm?

Bornwild, they're 8 pot callipers...and the discs look like around 380mm units, in other words BIG MUMMAS :D

btm
11th September 2008, 04:31 PM
:eek: those vehicle stopping devises are HUGE!

rusole21
11th September 2008, 05:18 PM
4 piston breakes....whats the dimensions of that? 30cm?
Sorry but i do get upset at people on this forum. Bornwild you are always acting like your the guru of cars yet you dont know the difference between 4 pots and 8 pots:rolleyes: . BTW is spelt Brakes;)

Nice lookin car mate! Love the grange wheels!

bornwild
11th September 2008, 05:19 PM
4 a side, it's a different notation.

rusole21
11th September 2008, 05:21 PM
4 a side, it's a wrong notation.
Edited for truth;)

bornwild
11th September 2008, 05:23 PM
Oh dear...

Back on topic
What brake fluid is he gonna be using for those?

xplosv57
11th September 2008, 08:13 PM
Steve, depending on the forced induction type/set up, it's possible to get 400kw @ the wheels with only 6psi and NOTHING else at all on a completely unmodified, bone stock LS2 !!!

Same set up on an LS1 will deliver around 380kw @ the wheels - LS2 stock spec. has a higher comp. ratio and better cam profile giving that little bit extra...

Go to the APS and CAPA sites and check out the V8 FI set ups, all the info's there ;)

I said you could get 400rwkw from forced induction and i'm fully aware of the LSx series capabilities, i just said you can't get 400rwkw just from exhaust, edit, throttle body and cold air intake...........:confused:

Sorry to hear about your mate but i think it's best if you post about your own car, not someone else's!!

sadavidsriturbo
11th September 2008, 09:30 PM
Sorry dude, didn't know he was deceased. I wasn't trying to offend anyone anyhow.(except you cause you had a go at me :p)

All good its a touchy subject probably shouldnt have even started this thread like wraith said some people around here are a little one eyed

sadavidsriturbo
11th September 2008, 09:38 PM
I said you could get 400rwkw from forced induction and i'm fully aware of the LSx series capabilities, i just said you can't get 400rwkw just from exhaust, edit, throttle body and cold air intake...........:confused:

Sorry to hear about your mate but i think it's best if you post about your own car, not someone else's!!

You think its best i post about my own car wtf so i guess everybody else who posts about lambos, ferraris, drag cars, rally cars, ford focus, ect ect should stick to there own cars to its the stupid people like you that make me want to cancel my subscription to opel aus

Vectracious
11th September 2008, 10:33 PM
closed.

:rolleyes: