PDA

View Full Version : Car Service

kz_11
2nd September 2008, 12:23 AM
Just wonder where do you guyz service youor car after warranty? Holden or your own mechanic? ;)

CNBLU
2nd September 2008, 12:28 AM
own. no way would i go to holden. only if my mate was the mechanic.

Corsa_Rob
2nd September 2008, 12:55 AM
Holden have a tendency to rip you off, watch out

Nurb608
2nd September 2008, 08:22 AM
Go to your own mechanic, just make sure they are familiar with the European cars. I recently got my major service, Holden quoted just over $1600, i paid just over $1100 at ASV and they even changed the brakes as they were really low. Holden would have charged me even more for that.

opel03
2nd September 2008, 11:03 AM
i had lots of problems when i first got my car serviced at my closest Holden Dealer.. The first time, i got my car home & my mum noticed a few marks on my dash.. they werent there before the service! it was like they stuck a fork into the dash, you know its sorta soft in places on the Astras? well yeah. grr! & the second time, all i have had is problems, such as not starting properly, or making weird rev's & the high beams getting stuck on! :(
its not fair.. im taking mine down to Mantello Holden next time.. :)

Calibrated
2nd September 2008, 11:20 AM
i have actually found a holden dealer that does good work :)

for us QLD'ers. that would be Zupps Aspley :)

but generally i do all my own work. except the astra, thats under warranty.

skulless
2nd September 2008, 02:50 PM
anyone have any recommendations in brisbane besides zupps aspley? that's abit too far for me...can I actually take it to anyone besides holden? due for my 1st year service soon.

lithium
2nd September 2008, 03:18 PM
easy things like oil changes/filters/brakes/rotors/fluids i do myself

major services eg. timing belt i go to an independent mechanic...its cheaper than Holden, and i think actually they take more care with the work as it's their own business at stake

mr corsa
2nd September 2008, 03:32 PM
do my own services

Ice
2nd September 2008, 04:43 PM
Bollocks to Holden !

independant mechanics are far better...in any case.

cbrmale
2nd September 2008, 07:05 PM
Routine servicing I do myself, and I'm fortunate that my Astra 2.2 and my wife's Barina both have chain-driven camshafts. The stuff I don't do are things like automatic transmission fluid changes, wheel alignments and so on.

Our two local Holden dealers in Canberra are terrible. My wife's car has been to each one once, and I would never take either car to either dealer ever again. I don't worry so much about the price dealers charge, but the problem is the servicing never gets done the way it should be (important items overlooked, engine overfilled with oil etc etc).

Before the Astra I had a Hyundai, and the dealers for it were much better.