PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a TS SRi-T

John_LS1
31st August 2008, 10:28 PM
Hey guys,

im looking to purchase a TS SRi-T in the near future, after owning a few older E-series Falcons and a VY SS im looking to downsize to something smaller.

Just wondering what to look for when purchasing one and any problems these models have? I know my Falcons well but these are all new to me.

Also how quick do these do the 1/4 mile in stock form? do they cope well with extra boost thrown at them, easy to modify etc??

Any info appreciated.

John.

Dowie
31st August 2008, 11:19 PM
easy to modify etc??

Take a squiz at
Aza's http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14748
and
CNBLU's http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11902
for their mods etc.

tuzinski
1st September 2008, 12:13 AM
im looking to buy one too! (:

CNBLU
1st September 2008, 09:04 AM
Hey guys,

im looking to purchase a TS SRi-T in the near future, after owning a few older E-series Falcons and a VY SS im looking to downsize to something smaller.

Just wondering what to look for when purchasing one and any problems these models have? I know my Falcons well but these are all new to me.

Also how quick do these do the 1/4 mile in stock form? do they cope well with extra boost thrown at them, easy to modify etc??

Any info appreciated.

John.

Hey John, 60k service is a big one so make sure its had the timing belt and water pump changed. No other major problems. Stock form you should be doing around Low 15's.

The Z20LET engine is good for around 300BHP until you need to start playing with internals. Pistons might be the first to go as the rods are rated to 400BHP.

Standard Turbo (i found) can be boosted to around 20psi but wont last too long:cool: . Some of us guys on here have a VXR turbo fitted as its a bolt on job.

Easy to modify.... Only if you know the right places to look.

Good Luck finding a SRiT and Welcome to the Forum.

Ice
1st September 2008, 10:12 AM
Stock form you should be doing around Low 15's.
Good Luck finding a SRiT and Welcome to the Forum.

And if you do get a bolt on VXR Turbo....be prepared !!!!!! Whooooosh.....

auzvectra
1st September 2008, 04:25 PM
pretty much as cnblu said ;).
although i ran a 14.6 in mine stock.
we do a very cheap remap on then which gives a lot better drivabilty and acceleration, i also do an intercooler kit, aswell as pwr, they do the cooler kit and a radiator for them.
and as cnblu said, if you know where to look or ask, mods are easy, although not always cheap, it's a matter of level of mods.
i'm upto about $10K so far, parts only no labour, but i have done quite a bit.

John_LS1
1st September 2008, 10:04 PM
Cheers for the reply fellas, my aim would be to get one into the 13's. its mainly for my girlfriend to drive but on the weekend when i drive it i want the power there.

your one looks nice CNBLU, i had a look through your build thread and you've done a nice job. im definetly after an arden blue one. easily the best colour ive seen on an astra. so far ive only found 1 forsale in vic and its done to many K's for my liking :(

Im sure once i get one ill have many more questions to ask...

auzvectra
1st September 2008, 10:07 PM
well if you get a good example of 1, with a basic remap, fmic, exhaust, intake and maybe lsd, or just good tyres n a good launch, u may just break into the 13's.

CNBLU
1st September 2008, 10:52 PM
well if you get a good example of 1, with a basic remap, fmic, exhaust, intake and maybe lsd, or just good tyres n a good launch, u may just break into the 13's.

definately LSD;)