PDA

View Full Version : Sprint booster

dfl8ed
31st August 2008, 09:53 AM
Hey guy's found this on EBay, I remember reading about it on a UK forum a while ago whats your opinion on them bit $$$$ for it and would it be really that effective.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370075939295

realrift
31st August 2008, 10:19 AM
Its been around a for a little while and discussed on other forums. I looked at it briefly and apparently it mainly changes your perception of how the car responds. It doesn't make the car any faster.

I think it gives you more throttle opening for same pedal input.

Quote from another forum:

"There's DIY mod that does the exact same thing and is easy to implement and will not void your warranty! Here's how to do it:
When you want to go faster, use your right foot to push the gas pedal down further."

Bit tongue in cheek but you get the idea.

Cheers,
Rift.

poita
31st August 2008, 05:23 PM
tried an electric supercharger for more power?

CNBLU
31st August 2008, 09:13 PM
How about a hairdryer?

Wraith
1st September 2008, 11:19 AM
Sprint boosters are very popular on many types of turbo cars...

They are mainly focused at factory turbo cars which have very noticeable turbo lag, but are being used on all types...

All it does is 'modify' the rate at which the accelerator peddle travels (electronically), ie: they shorten the reaction period based on a shorter travel of the peddle, so the engine 'seems' to respond earlier, making it appear the lag is reduced...

I'm a member of a BMW forum where alot of the twin turbo 135i owners have installed them and ALL claim it was a worthwhile and great mod...the only complaint has been loss of precise throttle control at low power levels, because the sprint booster is designed to make the engine respond ASAP.