PDA

View Full Version : KONI suspention KIT (issues) Someone help please!!

astrauturbo
28th August 2008, 11:11 PM
ive mounted my koni's so the shocks and the suspention, Problem is the front set up is making a noise everytime it goes over a speed bump or pot hole or if i turn sharply left or right. its like a clicking or hitting noise. so it Hits while entering the corner and then hits again when coming out of the corner.. Its really weird.. When driving slower or slow i can manage to avoid the hitting but i have to be driving really slow.. One thing ive noticed is that the coil is really compressed Not sure if thats the problem . Also the wheel seems a bit further to the front in the wheel arch. Not alot maybe not at all But just seems closer to the front. Also want to mention they are adjustables.. Ive tryed having them really firm and really soft. Eaither way it makes the noise.....

Any ideas what the issue could be>>???
\/ \/ \/
\/ \/ \/
\/ \/ \/
------------
EDIT
------------
Problem found see pics up the TOP for further help.

poita
28th August 2008, 11:26 PM
who isntalled them mate?
if a shop did, make them fix it.
if you did, take it to pedders and get a $14 28 point suspension check

auzvectra
28th August 2008, 11:27 PM
are the lower bolts on the tower tight?
otherwise, wait for nik to read. i'm sure he'll know the shocks pretty well.

auzvectra
28th August 2008, 11:29 PM
who isntalled them mate?
if a shop did, make them fix it.
if you did, take it to pedders and get a $14 28 point suspension check

you mean the same 1 i took the barina to, that didnt even pick up that the ball joints were about to fall off!!! :(.
oh and that the lower control arm bushes were rooted!!!
they even checked them on the paperwork as in good order.

but otherwise, they might help :p.

astrauturbo
28th August 2008, 11:29 PM
i did it :( ... well i am getting my dad (he is a old school mechanic) to have a look at it tomorrow. If he cant figure it out then i guess it will have to go to pedders..

thanks for the quick reply..

astrauturbo
28th August 2008, 11:30 PM
you mean the same 1 i took the barina to, that didnt even pick up that the ball joints were about to fall off!!! :(.
oh and that the lower control arm bushes were rooted!!!
they even checked them on the paperwork as in good order.

but otherwise, they might help :p.

That didnt help me :p hahaha

astrauturbo
28th August 2008, 11:35 PM
are the lower bolts on the tower tight?
otherwise, wait for nik to read. i'm sure he'll know the shocks pretty well.

whoops i missed this post.. sorry

umm they are tight, Guess ill tripple check tomorrow.
yeah ill wait for nik see what he says

thanks for quick reply

SKM_87
28th August 2008, 11:42 PM
spring seated properly. sway bar link tight, just go over it all. yeh i wldnt trust pedders either

auzvectra
29th August 2008, 06:36 AM
yeah thats what i was gonna say nest too, if the sway links rnt tight it could make a noise too.

mr corsa
29th August 2008, 08:17 AM
are they adjustable ride height koni's and if so are they adjusted properly ?

mr corsa
29th August 2008, 08:25 AM
well ijust seen your sign and they are how did u do your measurements on the koni's ?cos i know with my coil overs my ride height on the drivers side is 2mm higher than the left cos when i sit in the car it levels out so if your car is hitting on the right side than i would say rise the right hand front and rear a coulpe mm higher to the left side

astrauturbo
29th August 2008, 10:14 AM
OK i found the problem.
SKM_87 and Auz were right..thanks
Now as you's can see there is a bit of space inbetween the rubber and the bottom cup that holds the coil.
First thing is that ive used the standard cup that holds the coil! is that ok?
second thing is ive tightened the nuts totally But the top rubber is hitting the cup that is holding the coil. And there for there is that space that is visible in the pics.
third the white plastic bit i got with the kit. Now it doesnt really fit anywhere, I thought maybe that goes underneath the strut or something. But even if i put that there, some gap would still be aparent.
Any ideas??

EDIT- I found this on the net
17. This little white plastic doodad is often overlooked, but its importance can't be overstated. If your strut bottoms out, the impact can actually seal the bump stop against the strut housing. When the suspension decompresses, that seal is broken, and it can actually create enough suction to break the seal on the strut itself. This piece of plastic creates an air gap between the bump stop and the strut, preventing this weird disaster from occurring.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/l009l/problem2.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/l009l/problem1.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/l009l/problem3.jpg

MAD-16V
29th August 2008, 05:34 PM
My kybs I fitted sit exactly the same - The strut top has a gap between the spring housing and itself - Now im worried :confused: - I didnt get little plastic things.

astrauturbo
29th August 2008, 08:55 PM
Anyone got any ideas what to do??

rjastra
30th August 2008, 03:44 PM
Judging by the shape of the white plastic thingy it should fit between the top of uyour strut tower and the lumpy black rubber bush.

astrauturbo
30th August 2008, 03:53 PM
Judging by the shape of the white plastic thingy it should fit between the top of uyour strut tower and the lumpy black rubber bush.

i know where the white bit goes ;) it says it up in the post.