PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli P-Zero's

poita
26th August 2008, 11:12 PM
Found a set for my new wheels at a good price.
Thoughts and opinions?

HappySlapper82
26th August 2008, 11:25 PM
Pirelli http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/HappySlapper82/vomit.jpg

Calibrated
27th August 2008, 07:38 AM
Pirelli http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/HappySlapper82/vomit.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/HappySlapper82/vomit.jpg

Ishley
27th August 2008, 07:46 AM
I have Pirelli P Zero's on the Astra. No problems.......

GodsKnight
27th August 2008, 07:46 AM
Found a set for my new wheels at a good price.
Thoughts and opinions?

Dad had a set on his HRT VZ stuck to the road very nice even at high speeds around the track...didn't find anything wrong with them..though i could be wrong with the model of tyre his were $900/per tyre.

Wraith
27th August 2008, 08:28 AM
Excellent tyre, with regards to grip performance - no question, they are used as standard equipment on alot of the top hi-po cars...

Not very good in terms of longevity, that's the compromise for excellemt grip, ie: short life span...

Because of this, if your running high camber angles, they need to be rotated often or you'll wind up with an unevenly worn and useless tyre in no time...

I've always 'not' got them because of ridiculously high pricing, especially in 19 or 20" - if you can score them for a 'good' price Poita, go for it :)

GodsKnight
27th August 2008, 08:48 AM
Not very good in terms of longevity, that's the compromise for excellemt grip, ie: short life span...

The longevity is in proportion to how you drive and how often you rotate the tyres and wheel alignment. My dad had his tyres for just over 1 year. It is up to you i guess if you want to fork out new tyres every year.

EDIT: My dad just recently switch to a top of the line Maxis and he says they perform really well and for half the cost.

Wraith
27th August 2008, 08:58 AM
Exactly ^^^^

12 months is a very short life span, even if you drove conservatively with them and did all the right maintanance as we've mentioned, they wouldn't last too much longer...I'd say anywhere between only 15-20,000km tops...

A good set of tyres with a good compromise of grip and long life should return you around 25-40,000km at least...

Having said that, I've gone through a set of Bridgestone SO2's in under 12,000km and a set of Vetus tyres (can't remember the exact model and specs) which lasted over 60,000km and the grip was only slightly poorer than the SO2's and the S02's cost 3 times as much ;)

JohnBu
27th August 2008, 10:36 AM
exactly which P-Zero tyre? there about 5 different ones.

poita
27th August 2008, 12:17 PM
Excellent tyre, with regards to grip performance - no question, they are used as standard equipment on alot of the top hi-po cars...

Because of this, if your running high camber angles, they need to be rotated often or you'll wind up with an unevenly worn and useless tyre in no time...

I've always 'not' got them because of ridiculously high pricing, especially in 19 or 20" - if you can score them for a 'good' price Poita, go for it :)

well they are $1000 for the wheels i was lookin at getting ;)

exactly which P-Zero tyre? there about 5 different ones.

they are pirelli p-zero nero

Wraith
28th August 2008, 09:02 AM
Poita, if your saying $250ea. for *undisclosed size* Pirella PZero Neros - go for it...

They are the top model (ie the Nero) and I've never seen such a cheap price for *undisclosed size*...they would normally be upwards of 5 or $600 per tyre !!!

GodsKnight
28th August 2008, 09:22 AM
Poita, if your saying $250ea. for *undisclosed size* Pirella PZero Neros - go for it...

They are the top model (ie the Nero) and I've never seen such a cheap price for *undisclosed size*...they would normally be upwards of 5 or $600 per tyre !!!

+1

poita
28th August 2008, 09:22 AM
thanks ange, makes me fell better spending all this money.
knowing that i'm saving a dickload more :)

DEE-80Y
28th August 2008, 09:37 AM
When I was tyre fitting, we replaced a porsche tyre (P-Zero Nero) 18" and it cost the customer $990 for the one tyre. from memory, i think we paid around $700 for the tyre directly from pirelli in sydney.

so if youre getting the lot for a grand. nice buy

GodsKnight
28th August 2008, 09:58 AM
When I was tyre fitting, we replaced a porsche tyre (P-Zero Nero) 18" and it cost the customer $990 for the one tyre. from memory, i think we paid around $700 for the tyre directly from pirelli in sydney.

so if youre getting the lot for a grand. nice buy

yeah thats what my dad was paying for his tyres...
wheels + brakes = 4 times my cars total worth

Wraith
28th August 2008, 03:40 PM
thanks ange, makes me fell better spending all this money.
knowing that i'm saving a dickload more :)

Apologies for mentioning too much info in my post Poita - see you've edited LOL :)

But yeh grab em quick for that price, absolute bargain !!!

poita
28th August 2008, 04:33 PM
All is good, i think most ppl know anyway.
But there is still the crowd that don't :)

EL BURITO
29th August 2008, 11:56 PM
well mine if u have found em for that much what size ?

mine only lasted 23K approx

poita
30th August 2008, 06:29 PM
since everyones askin i cant hide it no longer
tehy will be 19's, and look like this

http://www.bkracing.co.uk/aspbite_protect/imagemod/wheel-gallery/bk299_hpb_side.jpg

CNBLU
30th August 2008, 11:07 PM
Thats going to look nuts. Cant wait to see the white on charchol look.

poita
30th August 2008, 11:14 PM
white on charcoal? im confused

glider
31st August 2008, 01:01 PM
oh hee hee oh my....

better make it down to brizzy in october!

-edit-
maybe gav is thinking of ash's cali

Wraith
1st September 2008, 11:54 AM
white on charcoal? im confused

+ 1

I was thinking WTF when I read Gavin's post :)

Cali will remain red yes ???

BTW Poita I have picks of this wheel (other than the other one I've showed you) on a white Cali T - 19" hyperblack version - and it looks pretty hot, should look as good or better on red ;)

poita
1st September 2008, 08:08 PM
yer will remain red
other will ahve to pull the motor out, completely strip the car.
not my cup of tea really lol

Tfer
2nd September 2008, 08:33 AM
Nice selction Peter.... the Cali will look awesome :cool: