PDA

View Full Version : Oh so smooth..

Mitch
26th July 2004, 07:16 PM
Hey all..

Well today it has been raining all day and I thought since I'm going to start modding my Astra well then I might aswell de-badge it. It was quite easy.. I following some instructions from the How-To section and the badges basically fell off when heated a little bit.. Then it took me about 15 minutes to get the glue off from the Astra and 1.8 16V badges.. So my dad comes out and says he'll help me out and cleans off the glue from the Holden badge in under a minute.. :oops: :lol:

Anyways.. Here's a photo I took with my phone but I will get a photo with my digital camera tomorrow if the sun is shining. I must say it looks much smoother.

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10478/Image019.jpg

Also today I priced some lowered springs at Jester Performance here in Singleton and they were Whiteline Lowered 40-50mm for $320.. Is this a good price?

mr_astra_retired
26th July 2004, 07:28 PM
hey Mitch , nice job mate , gives it a unique feel to it !!
And that price is good for springs !! IS it a fitted price?

Degen-Astra
26th July 2004, 07:36 PM
Nice to have a smooth bum isnt it! :wink: Easier to keep the entire rear end clean as well. :D

RK
26th July 2004, 07:37 PM
price is good mate.
mine was $350 fitted.

Mitch
26th July 2004, 07:39 PM

Thanks..

I think that is a supply only price.. I will have to find out though..
I went in to the shop just to ask prices on springs and ended up coming out with prices on springs, exhaust, air-bag suspension for $1500 and amazing discounts on DLS stereo equipment. I've never heard of DLS before but they said they would give me good prices as they want to promote it more or something.

ultim8DTM5
26th July 2004, 08:55 PM
DLS are Swedish, they are pretty decent gear actually, along the lines of MBQuart although rarer. Seem to go well in the Euro sound-off comps.

Air Bag suspension aye??? Heheheh is that with on-board compressors too? I know Don (autumn_acid) would be reading this with a mischevious grin!

Mitch
26th July 2004, 09:04 PM
DLS are Swedish, they are pretty decent gear actually, along the lines of MBQuart although rarer. Seem to go well in the Euro sound-off comps.

Air Bag suspension aye??? Heheheh is that with on-board compressors too? I know Don (autumn_acid) would be reading this with a mischevious grin!

Thanks for that info.

As for the air bag suspension, we didn't go into great detail but it was just mentioned that prices are dropping to around $1500 which includes everything including engineer certificate.

EAK33Y
26th July 2004, 11:02 PM
Mitch i can get you King Spring Super Lows for $50 a spring i know the sales guy at Bowers :wink:

mr_astra_retired
26th July 2004, 11:18 PM
Mitch i can get you King Spring Super Lows for $50 a spring i know the sales guy at Bowers :wink:

This is what i love about being apart or a club !! Nice work Chad

8)

Mitch
27th July 2004, 12:35 AM

How low are Super Lows? I was told that sometimes King Springs aren't all the same height with all four springs installed and may sit un-even.. has anyone heard of that before?

sri48u
27th July 2004, 06:34 AM
Mitch i can get you King Spring Super Lows for $50 a spring i know the sales guy at Bowers

Is the super low a new product for them cause ive spoken to king springs directly and they told me that there werent any super lows for the astra?

Jass
27th July 2004, 07:06 AM
i thought they had two choices 30mm drop and 60mm drop.

RK
27th July 2004, 09:36 AM
I think superlows were a 40mm drop.

Anonymous
27th July 2004, 02:05 PM
Go for airbags, 40mm is nothing. Look at my car, thats a 3 inch drop and I've still got gaps between my arches and tyres!!!!!!!! 8)

On a serious note, if you want LOW, but don't want to sacrifice anything when it comes to handling, coilovers are the way to go, but may be a little out of your budget.

Whiteline are supposedly pretty good, but still.... 40mm??????

Jass is selling turbo springs as well... they sit much lower than your standard springs. That's another option. Also, there's bound to be someone on this forum with a turbo who will update their shocks in the future. OE turbo suspension would be great!

Other springs to consider if you want to go _low_ are jumboz, k-mac, and kings.

Mr T
27th July 2004, 03:49 PM
Have a look at these springs, I think your car is a hatch, so they will fit.

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?p=29156#29156

I would imagine that a lot more money was spent in developing these springs than from any after market mob. They might not be low enough for you, but they should give you a good ride.

:D now now keep it out of the gutter :D

dan_kind
27th July 2004, 07:04 PM
....eibachs are still going cheap :P
got another call from the guy @ eibach and he wondered why he hadnt sold more!!
let me know if anyone is interested.

Degen-Astra
27th July 2004, 07:42 PM
Dan I may take you up on that offer soon. :wink:

dan_kind
27th July 2004, 07:52 PM
Dan I may take you up on that offer soon. :wink:

cool

Mitch
28th July 2004, 01:18 AM
Here's a quick Photoshop pic i did with clear lights and lowered, what I guessed was, 50mm although I think i've lowered it more than that.

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10478/cl.jpg

I didn't get to take any photos today because the car was too dirty so i'll polish it tomorrow then get some photos of my rear end. :lol:

I'm thinking around 50mm will look alright and leave enough room to have a bodykit without it being too low so i guess i'll end up getting Whiteline springs/shocks. I know it will look great if it's dumped on the ground but i want it to be practical too and have decent handling.

Anonymous
28th July 2004, 01:30 AM
hehe, sorry to break it to you, but considering your car has the same suspension as my city, that looks like a 3 inch drop.

Mitch
28th July 2004, 05:24 PM
Here's a photo as promised.. Excuse the P plate and all the reflections but I just polished it today..

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10478/normal_debadged.jpg

And here's another photoshop version of 50mm lowering.. This time I did it with correct measurements..

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10478/normal_50mmlow.jpg

Anonymous
28th July 2004, 07:05 PM
a) looks fan-bloody-tastic
b) you've got a huge car port

Mitch
28th July 2004, 07:14 PM
b) you've got a huge car port

:lol:

There's also the shed behind that which is the same size plus another room again behind that which is half the size. :shock: :lol:

Anonymous
28th July 2004, 07:19 PM
Opelaus party at mitch's house. :P

astroboy
29th July 2004, 03:24 PM

Thanks..

I think that is a supply only price.. I will have to find out though..
I went in to the shop just to ask prices on springs and ended up coming out with prices on springs, exhaust, air-bag suspension for $1500 and amazing discounts on DLS stereo equipment. I've never heard of DLS before but they said they would give me good prices as they want to promote it more or something.

hey Mitch where was that through for the airbag suspension??? i am really intrested in it

Mitch
29th July 2004, 04:57 PM
Jester Performance in Singleton, NSW. I'm not sure where they get the kits from though because I know they don't make them.

Mitch
30th July 2004, 06:15 PM
I ordered this today.. it comes in end of next week. :D

http://www.3aracing.com.au/HTML%20Folder/Images/AAA-63-0522%20muffler.jpg

The Sentinel
30th July 2004, 06:28 PM
How much, Mitch??

Mitch
30th July 2004, 06:32 PM
How much, Mitch??

$155