Basically I am up for a new:

Bonnet
Headlights
Blinkers
Front Bar
Grill
Radiator
Air Conditioner

So far, come wednesday onwards I will really know.

What I will do is when I have a day off I will post some photo's.

Hopefully the Panel Shop will paint the rest of the car (cash) whilst its in the booth.

Jerram
24th August 2008, 12:13 AM
too bad, mate

but looking at your parts bin, I'm thinking it's getting close to "just buy a new car and part out the rest of the old one" territory.

I see you've a pre-face GL....and the cost of your replacement items will be (well from Holden at least) a couple grand which is getting close to half the price of the car.

..unless of course you've insurance, where you get more screwed due to having to pay a probably large excess then going back to el dodge rating 6.

btm
25th August 2008, 10:55 AM
damn shame :(

insurance?

nafe
25th August 2008, 11:10 AM
Same happened to me not too long ago, so far its cost me around 1800. 1200 for the complete front bar with radiator, headlight assemblies, bonnet etc. Air conditionor and fans were bought seperate along with ignition leads, plus bits and pieces adding up to the remaining 600. I'm getting it done privately and should only cost me around another 500 as well as paint etc.

Ahh! im getting depressed thinkn about all the money im spendin!!

InsaneAsylum
25th August 2008, 01:04 PM
i think ozeparts sell the front guards, bonnet, radiator support etc.

otherwise bennet wreckers in dandenong (melbourne) will have replacement panels

Daggs01
26th August 2008, 10:04 PM
I have Comprehensive insurance and my excess is total of $950 (which has been paid) made up of a basic excess and an age excess.

Apparently if the the car can fetch 2k wrecked it will be written off, according to my friend.

What I have done is bought a brand spanker, I bought an 07 make 08 compliance Astra CDTi.
$27,200 drive away which includes:

Metallic Paint
Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth Car Kit
Floor Mats
Tinted Windows
Mud Spats

bought it from Hunter Holden in Ryde NSW.
Subject to finance approval I will have it Saturday Morning.

here are the photo's
http://gallery.me.com/d.a/100009/IMG_0005/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/d.a/100009/IMG_0006/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/d.a/100009/IMG_0007/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/d.a/100009/IMG_0008/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/d.a/100009/IMG_0009/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/d.a/100009/IMG_0010/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/d.a/100009/IMG_0011/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/d.a/100009/IMG_0012/web.jpg

CNBLU
26th August 2008, 10:07 PM
Nice ride! you should get a green box for it. after going for a ride in ain's car last week it completely changed my outlook on oilers;)

poita
26th August 2008, 10:09 PM
OMG another tractor owner on the forums.
Nice buy mate :)

maloo97
26th August 2008, 10:10 PM
def the green box and intake. congratz dude!

Daggs01
26th August 2008, 10:22 PM
green box?

CNBLU
26th August 2008, 10:23 PM
Do a search.....

Daggs01
26th August 2008, 10:29 PM
ok, i searched it. does it void warranty?

HappySlapper82
26th August 2008, 10:42 PM
ok, i searched it. does it void warranty?

Only if you forget to take it out before the dealership services it :D

Calibrated
26th August 2008, 10:44 PM
nope. and if you're really worried, just unplug it. 2min job.

make a huge difference :D

btm
27th August 2008, 08:41 AM
damn oilers are taking over the world!

Daggs01
27th August 2008, 05:19 PM
argh!!! I hate Finance Companies.
Since I am on a Probation at work, I can not get finance without a Gurantor and my oldies won't do it.

Looks like I keep the Veccy, but I am going to customize it now!

sooty
27th August 2008, 06:01 PM
after going for a ride in ain's car last week it completely changed my outlook on oilers;)

Lol, always happy to help convert people to the oily point of view Gav.
We'll have to go again when there's less dead weight in the car :p

Daggs01
28th August 2008, 11:06 AM
we are trying a different strategy to get finance.

Any it will cost the nrma $3800 to fix the veccy.

Daggs01
28th August 2008, 11:08 AM
we are trying a different strategy to get finance.

Anyway it will cost the nrma $3800 to fix the veccy.

Daggs01
28th August 2008, 04:13 PM
Good news, I am now approved and will pick up the Oiler on Saturday

rusole21
28th August 2008, 05:20 PM
Why diesel? I heard that it now takes 30 years to recoup the extra money spent due to high diesel prices. Not sure if its true. Think it would be close.

OT: how nice is that sports wagon ss in the background!!!

CNBLU
28th August 2008, 05:22 PM
Lol, always happy to help convert people to the oily point of view Gav.
We'll have to go again when there's less dead weight in the car :p

Anytime ain. Even with 4 ppl in the car it still had some pull...just like my car on 12psi:p

sooty
28th August 2008, 06:24 PM
Anytime ain. Even with 4 ppl in the car it still had some pull...just like my car on 12psi:p

That's a compliment if ever there was one :D

Good news, I am now approved and will pick up the Oiler on Saturday

Congrats mate, you won't be disappointed...
Now, greenbox, simota, and you're set :p

opel 1
11th November 2008, 10:03 PM
mate thats a good deal turbo diesel is definatly the way to go especially if ur wanting to save fuel my cousin bought one and around town is getting over 600 km with the air on goes pretty well i was suprised when i drove it i was reading another forum about hunter holden about a guy that bought a engine and upgraded to a vxr so i wanted to get that engine for my ts astra as i spoke with the spare parts dude and he said he had never ordered one checked histry of the dealership ordering and they say they never had i got my car serviced through them when my car was new little pricey but where the only ones that could get my car running right i have no probs recommenin em if i had the money id buy diesel astra but i dont so turbo chargin m ine is the way to go i recon any one got any hint on where to track down any parts for a ts

poita
11th November 2008, 10:11 PM
mate thats a good deal turbo diesel is definatly the way to go especially if ur wanting to save fuel my cousin bought one and around town is getting over 600 km with the air on goes pretty well i was suprised when i drove it i was reading another forum about hunter holden about a guy that bought a engine and upgraded to a vxr so i wanted to get that engine for my ts astra as i spoke with the spare parts dude and he said he had never ordered one checked histry of the dealership ordering and they say they never had i got my car serviced through them when my car was new little pricey but where the only ones that could get my car running right i have no probs recommenin em if i had the money id buy diesel astra but i dont so turbo chargin m ine is the way to go i recon any one got any hint on where to track down any parts for a ts

please enlighten more about this, i am interested hear what you have heard

xplosv57
11th November 2008, 10:15 PM
Hmm me says same guy as before under different name wanting to continue to stir up sh1t, but continue.....

opel 1
12th November 2008, 11:09 AM
mate im not that type of person to stir shit as you can clearly see im saying hunter holden have done no wrong to me i would kindley appreciate not having any shit put on me for sharing my views also not that i have to prove anything but if you would like to pm me i shall give u my number to call oh can u tell me the difference on how many ecu pins are 0n the z18xe

poita
12th November 2008, 11:13 AM
you dont have to be so defensive mate.
the person you are referring to was a member here, and spread such stories about the engine conversion.
xplosiv thought he was back with a different name.

dont take it to heart mate, i thought the same thing.
i have confirmed you are not him anyway ;)

btw welcome to the forum mate. wat car do you drive?
post up some pics in the members section :)

Snotty
12th November 2008, 11:17 AM
i was reading another forum

which forum,.... link?

Calibrated
12th November 2008, 11:19 AM
link to the other forum?

kirssn
15th November 2008, 11:09 PM

well it looks like I'm not the only one who gets their car serviced by Hunter Holden. I think they are not too bad but yeah a little pricey. I made the same queries you did about the vxr engine and had the same thing confirmed to me!!!!!

take care buddy!!! :)