PDA

View Full Version : Spotted W427

MatsHolden
21st August 2008, 08:45 PM
Saw a W427 on my travels today... on the back of a truck. Looked very tough even with all the covers on it. Sorry for the poor quality pics.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/w427-1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/w4272-1.jpg

Vectracious
21st August 2008, 08:46 PM
How can you even tell? Is it because theres no rear spoiler?

poita
21st August 2008, 08:47 PM
so sceptical pete :p

MatsHolden
21st August 2008, 08:49 PM
How can you even tell? Is it because theres no rear spoiler?

Coz I drove past it and it had the W427 front, W427 wheels, W427 rear spoiler and... oh yeah a big W427 badge on the boot. :p And HSV don't bother covering any other cars! lol Special treatment.

GreyRex
21st August 2008, 08:51 PM
I think I saw a white one on Collins Street during the week. I'm not 100% sure as it had gone when i left my building to go and check it out, but it had that 'chiselled' front bumper...

Vectracious
21st August 2008, 09:06 PM
ah ok, because the photos look like its just a black commodore with wheel covers on it.

GreyRex
21st August 2008, 11:30 PM
ah ok, because the photos look like its just a black commodore with wheel covers on it.

In the second pic, you can sorta see the different bumper... and it doesn't have the big rear spoiler like the GTS style infront of it :)

CNBLU
21st August 2008, 11:33 PM
ahhh gotta love the melbourne weather

Wraith
22nd August 2008, 12:25 PM
hmmmm, why the cammo ???

Everybody knows all about this thing and what it looks like already...

MatsHolden
22nd August 2008, 12:40 PM
hmmmm, why the cammo ???

Everybody knows all about this thing and what it looks like already...

It's not cammo... it's protection for transit. It was being delivered.

Unless it's something else being tested... hehe just joking.

GodsKnight
22nd August 2008, 12:42 PM
i can't see the pictures !!!!!!

Wraith
22nd August 2008, 04:22 PM
It's not cammo... it's protection for transit. It was being delivered.

Unless it's something else being tested... hehe just joking.

Oh I see...

Never seen that sort of covering before, at least not on Holdens ???

Wonder if it's part of the 155.5k cost - maybe the .5k :D

MatsHolden
22nd August 2008, 05:17 PM
Oh I see...

Never seen that sort of covering before, at least not on Holdens ???

Wonder if it's part of the 155.5k cost - maybe the .5k :D

I think if you're paying 155k for one, it deserves to be covered. lol Notice the GTS in front of it, delivered with no protective covers.

xplosv57
22nd August 2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah our parts dept has just moved down the road from HSV HQ, they've been hooning the W427 up and down the local streets, from what i've been told, they look and sound absolutely horn!!!

Pity they didn't do much to the interior, should be a bit more special than a red GTS interior...

Wraith
25th August 2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah our parts dept has just moved down the road from HSV HQ, they've been hooning the W427 up and down the local streets, from what i've been told, they look and sound absolutely horn!!!

Pity they didn't do much to the interior, should be a bit more special than a red GTS interior...

Agree on all counts !

Interior looks like a bordello with all that bright red, if they'd used less of it or had an alternative choice, it would look heaps better...

LS7 is indeed one of the horniest sounding V8's which all sound horn bags to begin with :D

And I hope it's the HSV owned W427 they're hooning with - I'd hate to be the waiting owner of that vehicle if it's one off the line...

Oh and is that the BMW M1 concept in your avatar Steve ?? If so looks good from that angle :)

xplosv57
25th August 2008, 06:05 PM
And I hope it's the HSV owned W427 they're hooning with - I'd hate to be the waiting owner of that vehicle if it's one off the line...

Oh and is that the BMW M1 concept in your avatar Steve ?? If so looks good from that angle :)

It was their white test vehicle "W427W" from memory, and yes that is the M1 in my sig but thats for another topic.....