PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring Astra - Dedication!!!

Petey
19th August 2008, 11:45 PM
Came across this tonight... from a UK site. Would you do this after purchasing the new Astra special edition? The custom metal work for the engine bay is astounding... Be warned it's a big, long thread. Enjoy.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

OPC
19th August 2008, 11:52 PM
Came across this tonight... from a UK site. Would you do this after purchasing the new Astra special edition? The custom metal work for the engine bay is astounding... Be warned it's a big, long thread. Enjoy.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

dial up warning people
sorry people but this is a re-post

big ass thread with heaps of fookin pics

VXRMARC from the uk also the guy who done aussie's car

thought id warn ya's before ya did the dial up

cocacola
20th August 2008, 12:40 AM
the owner of that astra is crazy.........:eek:

cyclonic
20th August 2008, 03:14 AM
Utter madness. Or dedication!

Shaun
20th August 2008, 08:41 AM
He is a detailer for a living guys.

Wraith
20th August 2008, 08:41 AM
Yes re-post...

Can only repeat my comments in the other threads on this guy and ie: good on him, it's great to see an enthusiast who goes to that length and trouble to try and achieve those results :)

And I'm sure all the other peoples cars he has dealt with couldn't be happier ;)

cyclonic
20th August 2008, 08:57 AM
He is a detailer for a living guys.
Yes... and he's as mad as a hatter - but a very talented, hard-working and methodical hatter. In short, his work is brilliant, though there's no way the rest of us would go to the lengths he goes to.

btm
20th August 2008, 09:09 AM
said it before and i'll say it again... he needs to get out more

Wraith
20th August 2008, 09:09 AM
Yes... and he's as mad as a hatter - though there's no way the rest of us would go to the lengths he goes to.

Really ???

I'd better not release the few thousand pics taken over the past 4 years of everything I've done to my vert then...or most other cars I've played with over the past 1/4 of a century, you'd label me a totally mad hatter too :o

Dowie
20th August 2008, 09:27 AM
Really ???

I'd better not release the few thousand pics taken over the past 4 years of everything I've done to my vert then...or most other cars I've played with over the past 1/4 of a century, you'd label me a totally mad hatter too :o

Doooo it! Ive never seen your vert!!

bornwild
20th August 2008, 10:26 AM
Okay, Ange, I'm sure you have more life than that bloke :p

As for that detailing...well.......He bought the wrong car. I mean, for the work he did to the car..."it's just an Astra".

wishbone
20th August 2008, 10:32 AM
wow.. i wish i had the time and the money and the dedication this guy has. dammit!

Wraith
20th August 2008, 10:41 AM
Okay, Ange, I'm sure you have more life than that bloke :p

As for that detailing...well.......He bought the wrong car. I mean, for the work he did to the car..."it's just an Astra".

LOL yes I get out plenty....maybe too much, but I still find the time to sometimes spend a whole weekend (I kid you not, 2 full days) washing and detailing just one car and I could keep going for a week if I had the time :o

So I can totally relate to that guy...

As for just being an Astra, if your a car freak and that's all you've got or can afford, it dosn't matter, you'll take care of it as if it were a million dollar exotic, it's all about the passion and love for 'your' car :)

d.c.
20th August 2008, 05:29 PM
Looks to me as if this guy loves 2 things.

1. Spending too much time cleaning his car.

2. Putting a lot of pictures of him self on the net.

lithium
20th August 2008, 06:14 PM
i'm gobsmacked :eek: he's inspired me to go wax my car this weekend :)

and

As for just being an Astra, if your a car freak and that's all you've got or can afford, it dosn't matter, you'll take care of it as if it were a million dollar exotic, it's all about the passion and love for 'your' car :)

well said :)

Red AH SRI T
20th August 2008, 07:06 PM
and the award for the most anally retentive person to ever be born goes to.........

R3N
20th August 2008, 07:20 PM
and the award for the most anally retentive person to ever be born goes to.........

wow... i've never won anything like ever... i'm sooo flattered

poita
20th August 2008, 07:26 PM
im blown away, 51 layers of paint protection.
dammmmmmm
i like his boot install, looks very neat.

i would love to key his car though hahahaha

KingOfAstras
20th August 2008, 07:42 PM
im blown away, 51 layers of paint protection.
dammmmmmm
i like his boot install, looks very neat.

Man he would cry......

But it's not like he details his car THAT often right?

Shaun
20th August 2008, 08:28 PM
so what if he has gone to this effort. It shows that he would put out a quality finish. Marc is talanted. I wish i could convince him to come over and do my VXR .

KingOfAstras
20th August 2008, 08:40 PM
so what if he has gone to this effort. It shows that he would put out a quality finish. Marc is talanted. I wish i could convince him to come over and do my VXR .
And my Astra... God mine needs a good detail!

Red AH SRI T
21st August 2008, 08:15 AM

You're so evil!

I love it ;)

rusole21
21st August 2008, 04:23 PM
Man he would cry......

But it's not like he details his car THAT often right?
He said he washes his wheels 4 or 5 times a week and each time it takes him 90mins. 51 layers of paint protection is def not needed. Pretty dam impressive though!

poita
21st August 2008, 05:54 PM
And I can't beleive he changed the colour of the wheels too.
Kinda what makes the nurburg the nurburg.
I'm dam jealous of the picture with the 3 nurburgs outside his house

Storm Shadow
21st August 2008, 06:58 PM
Hats of to him if it keeps him happy!

I know I spend huge amounts of time on my Corsa and ST detailing them.
It is one thing in life that I have a passion for. I enjoy spending my time off doing lots of things but, at the same time I really enjoy spending a few hours of my time taking care of my cars.

I always use the best products I can afford, and my cars love it lol!

I put 5 coats of Zymol on my ST the other night, and damn it is looking better then the day I picked it up.

If I had a Nurburgring I would be doing the same thing, well maybe not quite as much lol!!! I would buy one in a flash, I had actually considered getting rid of the Corsa and ST for one. I would just get rid of the shitty decals and get some decent rims, but yes still white rims and would cherish it. Just cant justify that money for what it is. Plus think I will always be a hatch lover. Damn if the OPC Corsa D was here I would be buying that in a flash.

Again its what floats your boat, If you just enjoy driving your car and enjoying that aspect, awesome!!! Some people really enjoy the whole detailing waxing etc etc thing.

Apex
22nd August 2008, 06:12 AM
Shesh that thread crashed my computer, have never seen that before :eek:

Don’t like the wheels, it needs some Speedlines or the like.

Good on him I say, maybe his missus is a real bitch..... Im going to spend the weekend on the E60, it has been at the painters for the last two weeks (stone chips and supermarket dents) and has no wax on it plus it has dust everywhere.

Rhino
10th March 2009, 11:58 PM
Wow. Um. Sure, he's good. But...

Do you know how much sex and sunlight I got while he was doing all that?

Jerram
11th March 2009, 12:19 AM
Wow. Um. Sure, he's good. But...

Do you know how much sex and sunlight I got while he was doing all that?

considering that you made a point of asking that (reasonably left field) question, I'm guessing too much...

btm
11th March 2009, 10:08 AM
considering that you made a point of asking that (reasonably left field) question, I'm guessing too much...
there is no such thing as too much ;)

Jerram
11th March 2009, 10:48 AM
hey don't forget about sunburn and "clot" or whatever it's called these days...

USC
11th March 2009, 02:25 PM
I actually admire his work. He did an awesome job and the paint work looks amazing!
That`s his passion and we need people who pay that much attention to details and do things to a perfection.

Wouldnt you want this guy to work on your car?? I would!

GreyRex
11th March 2009, 03:17 PM
Just think... ALLLLLLLLLLLL that time/effort/money etc

Then as soon as it rains, back to how it was :p

hazrd
11th March 2009, 05:18 PM
there is meticulous

then there is stupid.... this guy lol

glider
11th March 2009, 05:33 PM
yeah doing that much work on a car really restricts when you can take it on the road...

if the road is damp, the car cant leave the garage....

if its a windy day, ditto

USC
11th March 2009, 05:40 PM
rain will not affect the finish unless you let the dirt sit on it for a year or something. It will make it dirty but once u give it a wash, the car is shiny again.

Keep'emRunning
12th March 2009, 02:22 PM
hmmmm and my missus thought i was crazy when I asked if I could borrow her electric toothbrush to clean my brake calipers.

I'll be pointing her to that thread now :D