PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone adrenalins

glider
19th August 2008, 06:33 PM
I know quite a few people on here have them, the question is, how many KM do you get out of them usually and are you happy with them?

thinking about getting them put on these 17x7.5 wheels (off a 2007 AH twin top) I picked up on eBay

side note as well,

how do I work out which tires i will need? car needs 87V minimum so that would mean 215/40 (87W) or 205/45 (88W) minimum?

car will also be lowered on pro-kit at the same time

JR
19th August 2008, 09:56 PM
i've got 215/40 R17 adrenalin potenzas re001s on my car, and they're awesome - truly. n i'm not saying it cause they cost more.
the ride comfort, low noise level and grip is really good. i can't believe i was driving all these years with crappy tyres. never again.

as for how long do they last - i don't know. i'm yet to find that out. i'm hoping they last quite a while. i don't plan of forking out another grand soon for a new set anytime soon.

the 215/40/17 profile is within the required measurements for the ts astra.

PaulyJ
19th August 2008, 10:19 PM
Best tyre I've ever had. I was so happy with them, I called around wreckers trying to find my written off car so I could buy them back.
Those who know, I drove my Corsa B hard, and these tyres lasted through all the punishment I put them through.

d.c.
20th August 2008, 06:17 PM
I have a set on my sri-t and I think they are pretty good for the money.
Grip is better than an average tyre.
Road noise is low.
Wear rate totally depends on where and how you drive, when I was living in the Adelaide hills doing a lot of driving on fun roads they quickly started to get a bit shabby around the edges (<5000kms) but since I have moved into the city and rarely get up to the hills I have done another 5000kms and they have hardly worn at all.

Overall I think the better than average grip out ways the wear rate.

blueraven
20th August 2008, 07:56 PM
you will be lucky to get much more than 15000km out of them unless you really drive like a nana, but they are an excellent tyre :)

glider
21st August 2008, 09:35 AM
ok booked car in to get them done next thursday

they quoted me 215/45/17 hopefully I wont have any scrubbing with them (going onto 17x7.5)

JR
21st August 2008, 10:33 AM
they quoted me 215/45/17 hopefully I wont have any scrubbing with them (going onto 17x7.5)

ooo....i don't know bout 45s. ur rear wheels will (might) scrub against the bit where the rear bumper is joined to the body - there's a buldge inside there.

i almost put those on because i wanted more 'comfort' from a thicker tyre. but i went against it, also cause when i was getting quotes from a coupla tyre shops, few of them said it will put the speedo out of whack.

JohnBu
21st August 2008, 11:25 AM
paid $250 each for them in 215/40R17s.

I think I could have found them for less..

but overall a very good tyre.

Got one a month or so again, so can tell how long they will last. Having said that, I hope to get much more than 15,000km out of them. I'd be shitty if I got less than 40,000km.

they aren't expensive, but are a quality tyre.

Ice
21st August 2008, 11:58 AM
you will be lucky to get much more than 15000km out of them unless you really drive like a nana, but they are an excellent tyre :)

15000 ???? I thought they were a hard compound tyre ?

ive had mine for 5000K and they still look brand new.

hows the rexy going ? looks hot :)

Ice
21st August 2008, 11:59 AM
paid $250 each for them in 215/40R17s.

I think I could have found them for less..

but overall a very good tyre.

Got one a month or so again, so can tell how long they will last. Having said that, I hope to get much more than 15,000km out of them. I'd be shitty if I got less than 40,000km.

they aren't expensive, but are a quality tyre.

I think I paid between 180-200 for mine but they were 16's for the CDX so $250 isnt so bad and they are a damn good tyre and im pretty sure youll get alot out of them.

auzvectra
21st August 2008, 12:23 PM
if ur lowering it, dont get the 45 profile, it will almost definately scrub.
and it may hit the wheel arch on the front too like mine did, n pull the lip out when i was turning a corner.

xplosv57
21st August 2008, 07:33 PM

Have regular customers with Adrenalins that have done way more than 15,000km and still look almost new, unless you're doing burnouts all the time or you got a shocking alignment, these tyres will last quite a while as well as grip damn well!

blueraven
21st August 2008, 09:42 PM
sorry i must be thinking of a softer compound re001 (adrenalin range tho...)

i think its the re001a or something.

Any decent gripping tyre will struggle to last 20k, sorry but once you have driven on an r-comp you will find it hard to go back to a normal tyre :D hell the tyres on my STi are the same as those on the evo X and the New GTR...and i think they are good but nothing special (and they are nearly 400 each :( )

J
21st August 2008, 10:17 PM
Have regular customers with Adrenalins that have done way more than 15,000km and still look almost new, unless you're doing burnouts all the time or you got a shocking alignment, these tyres will last quite a while as well as grip damn well!

Thanks xplosv57! That's reassuring to know :)