PDA

View Full Version : ECU Software

Nurb608
19th August 2008, 11:15 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how i could find out what software version i am running or do i have to take it to Holden to find out? Also, does anyone know someone in Victoria that does re-mapping for the Z32SE?

Thanks.

DirtyHarry
19th August 2008, 01:45 PM
have a look at the back of the ecu. there should be a sticker on there, which tells you what ecu it is and the software version that it came with out of the factory.

Nurb608
19th August 2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks Dirty.

I was more wondering how to check to see if it's been updated. As mine is a late 2003, i've been told there was a software update in September 2004. I believe the latest for the engine in v.20005 and for the transmission v.404. These are meant to fix up throtle curves and shifting which i have an issue with currently.

Vectracious
19th August 2008, 02:21 PM
Only way is to take it to Holden and ask them to tell you - you would think that Holden would have updated the ECU if a service bulletin is released (I know they did with my old Veccy and Astra - and they actually told me as well) but I guess different dealers do different things.

I'm not sure if the aftermarket ECU readers can pick up on what software versions are loaded.???

Nurb608
19th August 2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks Vectracious, i thought that might be the case, i just hate handing over money to them :)

auzvectra
19th August 2008, 08:54 PM
in most cases the after market tuners tuning programs will say, but we dont have any modules that can do the 3.2L, only powerchip i think.
holden will be able to tell strait away but.

Nurb608
20th August 2008, 08:31 AM
Oh well, looks like i'm off to Holden. Does anyone know of someone in Vic that works with the EDS software. I can only find it at Regal in the UK.