PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - Vauxhall is good looking

carab
16th August 2008, 12:21 AM
If anyone has watched Season 11 episode 5, probably not because its not here yet, they test the new Nissan GTR around the Fugi race course and during the news, Jeremy Clarkson says that Vauxhall is the only car maker to have good looking cars across the entire range. Must say, cant disagree with that one ;)

Vid is here btw.....
http://au.video.yahoo.com/watch/3143008/8917132

hopefully that works

wishbone
16th August 2008, 07:49 AM
yeah, heard that... i agree as well.. theres a lot of us here who download top gear... others wait for it on tv... a lil anxious here waiting for the next episode to come.

Vectracious
16th August 2008, 09:44 AM
LOL

GM must be paying him more than Ford now.

dieselhead
16th August 2008, 10:13 AM
Sorry Clarkson, I strongly disagree with you on this one. The VXR8 sticks out of the crop like the dog's proverbial :D Sure, lots and lots of fun but does not have the same class as its siblings...

Vectracious
16th August 2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry Clarkson, I strongly disagree with you on this one. The VXR8 sticks out of the crop like the dog's proverbial :D Sure, lots and lots of fun but does not have the same class as its siblings...

but it has POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRR

Wraith
16th August 2008, 01:46 PM
LOL

GM must be paying him more than Ford now.

Hahahaha - was thinking the same, either that or he's feeling guilty about the way he's constantly bagging Vauxhalls and finally giving them some credit...

I've never heard him say a single kind word about Vectras for example, it is probably his most hated car - now all of a sudden Vauxhall have the nicest looking cars across the entire range :rolleyes: yes well bwahahahahaha :D

BTW thanks for the link carab, always intoxicating to watch the mighty GT-R in action over and over again :)

Orion_996
16th August 2008, 01:57 PM
good looking yes, i'm pretty sure he didnt say they drive well though, which i thought was the biggest gripe hes got with them. not the looks

Wraith
16th August 2008, 02:09 PM
good looking yes, i'm pretty sure he didnt say they drive well though, which i thought was the biggest gripe hes got with them. not the looks

Yes, he definitely hates that about the Vectra and I believe the stig feels the same way about the VXR LOL...

Vectracious
16th August 2008, 02:35 PM
and I believe the stig feels the same way about the VXR LOL...

Interesting spin I heard this week about who the Stig might be........

Tiff Needle... ;)

Hackstra
16th August 2008, 02:58 PM
Have they gone on break or something? Coz I've watched up to ep 6 from season 11 but no more seem to be popping up for download?

dieselhead
16th August 2008, 03:56 PM
Yes, they're on a break till September.

daiflu
16th August 2008, 06:31 PM

Tiff Needle... ;)

Don't know his name, but he removes his helmet (and has a smoke) in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biYUqHpOq9c&feature=related

Vectracious
17th August 2008, 08:30 AM
Don't know his name, but he removes his helmet (and has a smoke) in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biYUqHpOq9c&feature=related

LOL

Dunno what's more bizzare... the Stig being ageless for 30 years or the fact he was riding a rotary motorbike!!

poita
17th August 2008, 09:00 AM
rotary suzuki ftw!!

Wraith
18th August 2008, 12:50 PM

Tiff Needle... ;)

So is this the current Stig, who has a contract to remain on the show for a while ??

Sure would be interesting to have a list of all who've done the role and see which was actually the better driver of all of them :)

Vectracious
18th August 2008, 02:46 PM
So is this the current Stig, who has a contract to remain on the show for a while ??

Yeah apparantly - just something I heard and puts quite a different spin on it :) (well its interesting to consider anyway)

dieselhead
18th August 2008, 06:40 PM
Yes, they're on a break till September.

Sorry for giving wrong info guys... According to finalgear.com
"Top Gear is currently on a break and will be back in the third week of October (http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/exclusive-james-may-talks-to-me-about-finalgear-29267/)."

Now that's a bloody long wait...* (http://andrewu.co.uk/clj/countdown/pro/)

bornwild
18th August 2008, 07:02 PM

Tiff Needle... ;)

Yeah that rumour has been around for a while, and Tiff is quite close in physique to the Stig :)

sooty
18th August 2008, 07:30 PM

Tiff Needle... ;)

One of the main hosts of fifth gear, being an integral part of top gear....surely not :confused:

bornwild
18th August 2008, 07:47 PM
One of the main hosts of fifth gear, being an integral part of top gear....surely not :confused:

Tiff started Top Gear with Jeremy back in the late 80's up to about 2000 I think when Top Gear got cancelled due to some 'greenpeace' crap.

Tiff still writes regularly for Top Gear Mag. :)

sooty
18th August 2008, 07:59 PM
Tiff started Top Gear with Jeremy back in the late 80's up to about 2000 I think when Top Gear got cancelled due to some 'greenpeace' crap.

:eek: the more you know ey...

bornwild
18th August 2008, 08:03 PM
Yeap and he's a bloody awesome driver...seen how he drifts the RS4 90 degrees???? Bloody hell

Vectracious
18th August 2008, 09:35 PM

which is why it makes it interesting to think, and in some sort of way - makes sense. He started with JC on Top Gear - they hide him because of any perceived contractual obligations he has with 5th Gear on Channel 5. *

* I have no idea about the british television system so I'm just pulling stuff out of my arse. Although the BBC being the national broadcaster may be able to get presenters off other channels

ASTRAY
19th August 2008, 12:01 AM
lmao! i love this part...
http://au.video.yahoo.com/watch/3143093/8917342