PDA

View Full Version : R8 Convertible

R3N
13th August 2008, 06:12 PM
For all you topless fans out there
http://www.carcentral.com.au/images/gallery/Audi%20R8%20Spider%20spy%20shots%202008/Audi_R8_Spider_spy_CarCentral_004.jpg

http://www.carcentral.com.au/200808132572/spy-shots/audi-r8-spider-spied-possible-rs-version-in-development.html

vectraguy01
13th August 2008, 07:34 PM
thats hot i love it!

SSS_Hoon
13th August 2008, 07:37 PM
OMG they ruined a great car by doing that to it OMG.

/END

SSS_Hoon

poita
13th August 2008, 10:38 PM
Oh god, Ange is gonna have heart failure.
I'm undecided, maybe it's the colour that makes it look crap

Wraith
14th August 2008, 08:28 AM
Oh god, Ange is gonna have heart failure.
I'm undecided, maybe it's the colour that makes it look crap

I'd have to agree with you Poita.

At a 1st glance - I don't really like it :(

Must be the dull colour or maybe the uneven proportions, or maybe the 'loose' looking fabric top, don't know, but it looks a bit shite IMO...will pass final judgement when we see the final product in decent pics.

Obviously like other mid engined cars, there's no room for a fold-a-way high tech hard top - pity...

SSS_Hoon
14th August 2008, 08:42 AM
Obviously like other mid engined cars, there's no room for a fold-a-way high tech hard top - pity...

eggzachary, so why even bother to make one at all.

/END

SSS_Hoon

btm
14th August 2008, 08:47 AM

cause it gets attention and people talk about it. ie. now :)

but as others have said above, i think it may be the colour that makes the above car look a little... strange

Wraith
14th August 2008, 09:10 AM

/END

SSS_Hoon

Competition !!! :)

All the high end exotics have a soft top variant of some of their mid engined range, so I suppose Audi wants to get into that side of the market as well with their R8...

Audi are known to release countless models of their vehicles anyway, there was a leaked report of their future model releases in one of the magazines last month, think it was, I think this R8 vert was one mentioned and they had something like 1/2 a dozen new models coming into the market over the next 12 months, personally I'm looking forward to their TT/RS to be released July/August next year :)

imay
14th August 2008, 09:17 AM
All the high end exotics have a soft top variant of some of their mid engined range, so I suppose Audi wants to get into that side of the market as well with their R8...

Plus Audi don't have a hard-top coupe-convertible in their range at all. They are obviously trying to cater to the "purist" convertible owners. i.e. convertibles should have a soft top; coupes should have a hard top!

GodsKnight
14th August 2008, 09:23 AM
I'd take it if it was offered to me...

Wraith
14th August 2008, 09:29 AM

I think we all would, if it were 'offered' to any of us :D

But would you have it, if you had to pay for it ??? :) I would expect the pricing to be the better part of 300k at least as the coupe is around 270k - no thankyou for me ;)

btm
14th August 2008, 09:32 AM

i'm pretty sure most people would!

Wraith
14th August 2008, 09:33 AM
Plus Audi don't have a hard-top coupe-convertible in their range at all. They are obviously trying to cater to the "purist" convertible owners. i.e. convertibles should have a soft top; coupes should have a hard top!

mmmm, good point and I can obviously relate to it Ian being a soft owner like yourself, but I think this is definitely a case of having to go soft top, because there's no room for alternatives...as mentioned, it's the norm with all mid engined exotics, there simply isn't the room to pack away a hard top.

Another advantage in their case would be the weight saving factor too, the soft top portion is much lighter than a hard top set up and won't add as much to the increase in weight penalty already gained from chassis stiffening.

lithium
14th August 2008, 10:25 AM
not really liking it either, doesn't look right for some reason...might be the silver bodywork with black top
going to reserve judgement until i see it with the roof down though!

btm
14th August 2008, 10:34 AM
going to reserve judgement until i see it with the roof down though!
and in white ;)