PDA

View Full Version : BMW owner tapes black car to white

KingOfAstras
11th August 2008, 08:53 PM
This stuff is awesome, wouldn't mind giving it a go one day :P

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/06/bmw-owner-tapes-black-car-to-white/

sooty
11th August 2008, 09:02 PM
ahaha...that is pretty sweet, from the pics you couldn't tell that they'd done it, wonder if it'd be the same in person...

glider
11th August 2008, 09:47 PM
that'd be cool to get done

SIMid
11th August 2008, 09:57 PM
Good luck in getting it off. :rolleyes:

Oh, it's also called Vinyl Wrap for those interested.

poita
11th August 2008, 10:05 PM
One of the sign shops in town done it to there ute
white falcon ute, is now blue. cost em a fortune
also turned a yellow kia pregio pink for a car audio place here

R3N
11th August 2008, 10:26 PM
blue tape ftmfw!
http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/bluetapeftw.jpg

Wraith
12th August 2008, 08:40 AM
That's the same or similar stuff used to transform gloss to matt black on that GT-R posted a little while back.

I think it's also the same or similar in clear used on front bars etc. to protect against chips and scratches.

xplosv57
12th August 2008, 06:04 PM
Yep seen heaps of cars use vinyl for out there advertising so they don't have to spray advertising on the car and can be removed when the car is up for sale!!!

The 335i looks heaps nice, love the M3 look but really should have just bought a white one and put black vinyl on the roof, much less money and effort!!

btm
13th August 2008, 10:14 AM
how much does it cost? cheaper than a respray?

JohnBu
13th August 2008, 10:50 AM
would be far cheaper than a respray, plus i doubt you'll want to respray a new car.

off topic.

Saw two new Ferrari 430s being delivered off a truck, I see Ferraris all time where I work so no biggie, but this was different, awesome two white ones, never seen a white F430 before and here was two.

Upon, driving closer, they were red with the white protective sticker over it. hmmm i thought all cars come with a protective wax over the paint work, but it does make sense its a sticker.