PDA

View Full Version : AH Astra Turbo Hatch

daiflu
10th August 2008, 07:36 PM
Wow! Didn't know these existed (unless it's a conversion). This would be perfect for anyone like me who prefers the shape of the hatch but prefers the punch of a turbo engine.
And the price :eek: Hasn't finished yet, but knowing NZ it'll go as cheap as chups!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/ASTRA/auction-169410571.htm

glider
10th August 2008, 07:39 PM
it has projectors too... possibly imported? (as it says on the site?)

KingOfAstras
10th August 2008, 07:45 PM
:O.. We need more of those in Aus for sure!

daiflu
10th August 2008, 07:46 PM
Also:
5dr TS SRi:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/Astra/auction-162433330.htm
TS sport wagon:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/Astra/auction-164247763.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/Astra/auction-154339738.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/Astra/auction-169037323.htm
There are heaps of these; I wont link them all. you get the idea.

TS coupe:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/Astra/auction-168594604.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/Astra/auction-167148086.htm

daiflu
10th August 2008, 07:47 PM
it has projectors too... possibly imported? (as it says on the site?)

Yea, in NZ it's cheaper to import even european cars from Japan.

Calibrated
10th August 2008, 11:06 PM
thats the H GSi as its more commonly known :)

Wraith
11th August 2008, 10:15 AM
Yes that would be a nice choice to have, but GMH has only brought in the TDi 5 door turbo AH.

The problem is demand - the AH model isn't selling as well as the TS before it, so GMH is reluctant to bring in more of the range variants...the TDi was only brought in to compete with alternative brand TD models.

Same stoty with the AH twin top, as I was told on the weekend, Aust. will definitely not be getting the turbo petrol or diesel variants, because sales are too low to justify it :(

The TS model sold like hot cakes by comparison...

Calibrated
11th August 2008, 10:21 AM
Yes that would be a nice choice to have, but GMH has only brought in the TDi 5 door turbo AH.

The problem is demand - the AH model isn't selling as well as the TS before it, so GMH is reluctant to bring in more of the range variants...the TDi was only brought in to compete with alternative brand TD models.

Same stoty with the AH twin top, as I was told on the weekend, Aust. will definitely not be getting the turbo petrol or diesel variants, because sales are too low to justify it :(

The TS model sold like hot cakes by comparison...
maybe the models they arent bringing, are the keys to improve the sales?

i cant understand why on earth the 3dr CDTi hasnt been brought here... makes a stong alternative to the SRi-T

Wraith
11th August 2008, 01:15 PM
Totally agree and have mentioned that one before myself ^^^^

I think it has something to do with how well or not the 5 door TDi AH is selling, according to GMH not enough.

VW seems to have the opposite story with their TD Polo, apparently they can't get enough of them...and the petrol turbo Gti for that matter.

Calibrated
11th August 2008, 01:34 PM
Totally agree and have mentioned that one before myself ^^^^

I think it has something to do with how well or not the 5 door TDi AH is selling, according to GMH not enough.

VW seems to have the opposite story with their TD Polo, apparently they can't get enough of them...and the petrol turbo Gti for that matter.

maybe coz the polo tdi has no competition here. a diesel corsa c would nullify the polo tdi sales.. but no, holden will never bring it..

if VW can bring in the polo's and golfs, i dont see why holden cant bring the corsa's and other model astra's. seeing as they both come from the same town. :rolleyes:

Wraith
11th August 2008, 04:15 PM
maybe coz the polo tdi has no competition here. a diesel corsa c would nullify the polo tdi sales.. but no, holden will never bring it..

if VW can bring in the polo's and golfs, i dont see why holden cant bring the corsa's and other model astra's. seeing as they both come from the same town. :rolleyes:

Maybe, maybe not ???

VW just seem to have a good reputation and a strangle hold or good portion of the small car market - look at the Golf Gti for eg. nothing can touch it...only the Mazda 3 has better successful sales.

Also have to remember that the GMH small Opel car range is gradually being replaced with Daewoo's and the word's getting around - that won't do them any favours !!!

sooty
11th August 2008, 08:22 PM
VW seems to have the opposite story with their TD Polo, apparently they can't get enough of them...

Funny you mention that....was originally the car i was going to get, ordered it...15 MONTHS later...and it hadn't even started to be built yet, was gonna be another 3 months before i got it so i cancelled the order, and had my car in 8 days...
Only thing that was different about the one i ordered to the norm, the safety pack....and for that, i didn't get a Vdub...

Wraith
12th August 2008, 09:56 AM
Funny you mention that....was originally the car i was going to get, ordered it...15 MONTHS later...and it hadn't even started to be built yet, was gonna be another 3 months before i got it so i cancelled the order, and had my car in 8 days...
Only thing that was different about the one i ordered to the norm, the safety pack....and for that, i didn't get a Vdub...

WOW - that's the longest wait I've ever heard of for a car D145 a total of 18 months :eek:

Here I am thinking I had it hard, waiting 4 months for a locally produced car (my previous HSV R8 back in '99) and being told I've got a 12 month waiting period on my 'possible' next new car :( - enough said on that one :D

I know that on average, the wait for a Golf Gti is anywhere from 6-8 months, but the Polo takes the cake....damn popular cars they are, you'd have no probs with re-sale and re-sale values on those, that's for sure :)

Calibrated
12th August 2008, 11:15 AM
WOW - that's the longest wait I've ever heard of for a car D145 a total of 18 months :eek:

Here I am thinking I had it hard, waiting 4 months for a locally produced car (my previous HSV R8 back in '99) and being told I've got a 12 month waiting period on my 'possible' next new car :( - enough said on that one :D

I know that on average, the wait for a Golf Gti is anywhere from 6-8 months, but the Polo takes the cake....damn popular cars they are, you'd have no probs with re-sale and re-sale values on those, that's for sure :)
the corsa ute i wanted to get back in SA had a waiting period of 21 months when i was about to place my order. but then dad got a triton, so i didnt need one. this was about 4 years ago now..

and thats locally produced. afaik they still have a 4 month waiting list on them. cant produce them fast enough.

Wraith
12th August 2008, 11:35 AM
the corsa ute i wanted to get back in SA had a waiting period of 21 months when i was about to place my order. but then dad got a triton, so i didnt need one. this was about 4 years ago now..

and thats locally produced. afaik they still have a 4 month waiting list on them. cant produce them fast enough.

Far out - you guys a freaking me out :eek: LOL :D

Nearly 2 years to wait on a Corsa......what's this World coming to ?? LOL.

Up until now the worst I knew of was if you wanted something like a Ferrari F430, they have an order and wait period of around 1 year, although I have heard of cases where the wait can be longer...

I can understand long yearly waits for cars or models that havn't been introduced into the market place yet, but for something basic that's in production, even if it comes from O/S having to wait years for it is ridiculous, you might've changed your mind by then, or maybe a new model's been introduced :)