PDA

View Full Version : Check this out...

Wraith
10th August 2008, 07:35 PM
As you would all know by now, I was out scoping the white VXR yesterday at KD HSV in Melb. and came across something else there which blew me away :eek:

I'd never seen or heard of these things before - I still don't know exactly what it is...gotta go back and check it out further...

What I do know is that they are a full import from the U.S. they are a GM Chev. as you'll see from the pics, they are imported by a company located next door to KD's which convert them from left hand to right hand drive and then they use KD's GMH yard to sell them.

They are not sold as GMH's though, the company pay KD's a fee for their part, but the actual conversion company themselves offer a full warranty on them, just like Corvettes coming out of a Queensland based company which do the same with them.

Anyhow check out the pics, which don't do this thing justice, it's got an unbelievable presence in real life - I love this vehicle, it's MAD, it features a bit of everything !!! pity about the massive price tag.....

So is it a pick up ?? a truck ?? a ute ?? a tank ?? a Hummer ?? a work horse ?? a convertible ?? yeh, that's right a vert ?? LOL

It's actually ALL of the above :eek: and the best part, it's a beautiful hard top convertible as well, with full auto folding tin top :) who needs the twin top AH, it even comes in fancy paint jobs, oh yeah and great big thumping V8 under the bonnet :D couldn't get pics on the interior, but it's awesome, reminded me of the Camaro :)

Pics:
http://i34.tinypic.com/mm7uix.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2n9hk1.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2my5303.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/x3e3hf.jpg

daiflu
10th August 2008, 07:57 PM
I drive past KD's twice a day (to and from work). The first time I saw this (which was quite some time ago, I think it's been there nearly a year!) I nearly crashed the car getting a second look to try and work out what it was.

I saw a red one on the road the other day, it was pulling into the BP across from KD's so possibly affiliated with them or the importers.

blueraven
10th August 2008, 08:00 PM
I think i just threw up in my mouth a little.

(coming from someone who owns an 08 Impreza! :eek: )

Wraith
11th August 2008, 08:43 AM
I drive past KD's twice a day (to and from work). The first time I saw this (which was quite some time ago, I think it's been there nearly a year!) I nearly crashed the car getting a second look to try and work out what it was.

I saw a red one on the road the other day, it was pulling into the BP across from KD's so possibly affiliated with them or the importers.

Yeh, they've been there for a while, but I never noticed them before...

I was last there about 4 or 5 months ago with Mr Bornwild, but these vehicles weren't there ???

BR you need to see this thing in the metal, believe me, the pics don't give any real impression of it, it's a huge machine and gob smacks you like seeing a Hummer LOL :D only it's much nicer looking than a Hummer :)

BTW Hummers are also located and sold at the KD yard :)

btm
11th August 2008, 09:09 AM
doesnt float my boat.

and the price tag :eek: you've got to be joking!

Wraith
11th August 2008, 09:13 AM
doesnt float my boat.

and the price tag :eek: you've got to be joking!

Agreed, price tag is the worst part - after seeing the thing in the metal, it's definitely a ridiculous amount...

But, I suppose alot of it is in the conversion costs, import taxes etc. and then they've gotta give you a warranty and pay royalties to KD GMH for using their yard to sell the things, so no surprise the cost is way up there...

xplosv57
11th August 2008, 06:56 PM
Local guy has had one of these SSR's for almost 5 years now, have been kicking around for a while!!! They sound and look good, but never knew they cost that much lol!!!

wishbone
12th August 2008, 08:26 AM
i live about 2 minutes walk from Kevin Dennis, i didnt actually notice the price tag on these cars, i always thought they were on show as a concept car or some sort. i wouldn't buy it..

InsaneAsylum
12th August 2008, 08:57 AM
at first i thought it said $8999

then i saw the extra 0... lol

Wraith
12th August 2008, 09:30 AM
at first i thought it said $8999

then i saw the extra 0... lol

Hahahaha LOL, for that much there'd be one in my driveway right now :D

I still think it's an awesome piece of machinery - you really need to see something like this in the metal :)

I'm thinking in the U.S they're probably priced around 30-40k, 50k tops ??

If they were that price here and I were a tradie, I'd buy one of these instead of a Holden or Ford ute ;)

poita
12th August 2008, 07:04 PM
I feel sick, that thing is horrid!!
And as for the price, 111k
Gimme a GTR for the little extra, hey Ange :p

HappySlapper82
12th August 2008, 07:11 PM
Sorry guy's but IMO this thing is awful! Reminds me of the PT Cruisers old/new mix and it's UGLY - IMO :p

btm
13th August 2008, 12:13 PM
was watching NCIS last night and there was the exact same 'colourful' one at the top in the car wash scene :)

bornwild
13th August 2008, 12:24 PM
That has got to be the worst looking piece of metalwork I've seen in quite some time...

Tricky Ricky
13th August 2008, 02:48 PM
That thing's rather in-your-face...not my type of tea though, but would definitely appeal to someone with money to burn. The wheels are wrong, they need something retro like whitewalls and jellybeans or similar

Wraith
14th August 2008, 09:17 AM
I feel sick, that thing is horrid!!
And as for the price, 111k
Gimme a GTR for the little extra, hey Ange :p

Most definitely :)

But to be honest, I'd take an R35 GT-R over just about anything, even if I could afford to buy something worth twice as much - it's just too good for what it's worth to pass up IMHO.

But this vehicle I've featured in this thread is difinitely something you'd have to be insanely in love with to spend that kind of money on - it's definitely too much !!!

Wraith
14th August 2008, 09:23 AM
That thing's rather in-your-face...not my type of tea though, but would definitely appeal to someone with money to burn. The wheels are wrong, they need something retro like whitewalls and jellybeans or similar

Your right - it's typical yanky styling and I'm sure it appeals to them more so than us here.

Like you said, it does however have that in your face and head turning factor and that's what grabbed my attention when I 1st saw it, that's what I love about it and it looks very, very tough in the flesh :)

Tricky Ricky
14th August 2008, 11:10 AM
It certainly has the wow factor that's for sure. I wonder what the interior would be like, is it retro or just like a normal car?

EL BURITO
14th August 2008, 12:07 PM
I may get flamed BUT......

I like it, Ok its prob a pain to drive, and as most ppl on here gather I really don't like big cars and RWD's but I really do like the look of it, and its the in your face bit I really like as well

Wraith
14th August 2008, 04:10 PM
It certainly has the wow factor that's for sure. I wonder what the interior would be like, is it retro or just like a normal car?

Hey there Ricky, as mentioned in the my 1st post - interior is retro alot like the new Camaro interior - it's very nice and a 2 seater only roadster layout, it's also a hard top convertible :)

Wraith
14th August 2008, 04:12 PM
I may get flamed BUT......

I like it, Ok its prob a pain to drive, and as most ppl on here gather I really don't like big cars and RWD's but I really do like the look of it, and its the in your face bit I really like as well

Meh, everyones entitled to voice their opinions :)

All I can say is to repeat, my pics do it no justice, in real life it looks MAD !!!

If you like it in the pics, you'll love it in the metal ;)

It's price tag is what really sucks...

Tricky Ricky
15th August 2008, 11:58 AM
Retro interior, I like! Nothing like the half-assed job like the interior of something like a Daihatsu Mini that has the exterior like an old mini but with all grey plastics inside :p