PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring White VXR - (In Melb.)

Wraith
9th August 2008, 03:02 PM
OK thought I'd start another thread on this topic and put it here in GC instead of the VXR section, as alot of people don't browse the sub forum sections.

As I stated in that other thread, If I had the chance to check out the white VXR when it landed I would and did so today in my travels :)

I took lots of pics and checked the car out thoroughly - In short, I like the differences on the interior, (I'll show them all in the pics) the exterior looks ok in white, didn't grab me as much as I thought it would and the 18" white wheels look pox, but that's just my 2cents, would definitely prefer the standard 19's...Mechanically, the car remains exactly the same as other VXR's, there are no differences what so ever, the changes are all cosmetic, except the wheels.

So yes, they are fitted with the 18" white wheels...and here's the interesting part for anyone interested - the price is THE SAME as the other VXR's !!! that's what I was told today at this dealer anyway...they have only one of these there...

If anyone is interested contact either Charlie or Daniel at Kevin Dennis HSV in Braybrook (Melb.) on 9292 9292.

Pics and details:

Side on shot
http://i33.tinypic.com/li2xl.jpg

More angle
http://i34.tinypic.com/2cpcn53.jpg

Front end
http://i38.tinypic.com/qn0o6u.jpg

Rear end
http://i33.tinypic.com/2a8nfx5.jpg

18" white wheel close up
http://i34.tinypic.com/wijx2w.jpg

Close up of B pillar, it is carbon fibre trim with Nurb. ring pic on it
http://i36.tinypic.com/sewpdc.jpg

Close up of side view mirrors, also carbon fibre look covers
http://i35.tinypic.com/2vl8g1i.jpg

Interior - piano black and carbon fibre trim is used instead of aluminium and IMHO it looks heaps better, door trims are also carbon look...apparently all new VXR's coming to Aust. should have got this trim ??
http://i35.tinypic.com/33mu5j5.jpg

The seats, now this is interesting, the inners are finished in black with white pocker dots (both front and back) and the Nurb. emblem is stamped into the leather, not stitched or embroided, as what I'd seen in some previous pics.
The white dots look good IMO and help to match up a little to the exterior white colour
http://i37.tinypic.com/2lxig0n.jpg

Closer shot of the seat showing the Nurb. emblem and white dots
http://i35.tinypic.com/j7f71e.jpg

Kick panel - another carbon trim with Nurb. wording
http://i35.tinypic.com/2zid79d.jpg

Build plate in centre console, this particular vehicle is no.608 of 835 of the total World build and 16 of 20 allocated to Aust.
http://i37.tinypic.com/vsozyu.jpg

Engine - same as other VXR's but has gloss black rocker cover panel and build no. plate - 16 of 20 for this one.
http://i33.tinypic.com/1gkher.jpg

SIMid
9th August 2008, 03:23 PM
No remus which is a dissapointment. Even so, good to see something unique and I do like the checks on the panels. :p

But the wheels do look average.

imay
9th August 2008, 03:58 PM
OK . . . criticism time:
Love the white
Hate the white wheels - prefer the stock VXR 19s (or the Vauxhall Vectra VXR wheels!)
Sitting on the fence about the checkered stripe - I'm probably showing my age!
Not a big fan of the white dotted leather (if it isn't perforated and just stensiled on - once it starts wearing off it would look terrible!)
If I was buying a HSV badged car, I wouldn't be happy about having a bloody great big Opel flash in the middle of the steering wheel. Should be a HSV logo.
Needs to be dropped a bit - 25-30 mm at least!
Shame we don't have access to some of the features/options (exhaust, sunroof, xenon lights, etc.) on offer on the Euro/UK cars on the H range . . . . well any Opel actually! C'mon on Holden!

Other than that I really don't mind it. Still waiting for the 3 SA cars to arrive in the showrooms.

glider
9th August 2008, 04:23 PM
OK . . . criticism time:
Love the white
Hate the white wheels - prefer the stock VXR 19s (or the Vauxhall Vectra VXR wheels!)
Sitting on the fence about the checkered stripe - I'm probably showing my age!
Not a big fan of the white dotted leather (if it isn't perforated and just stensiled on - once it starts wearing off it would look terrible!)
If I was buying a HSV badged car, I wouldn't be happy about having a bloody great big Opel flash in the middle of the steering wheel. Should be a HSV logo.
Needs to be dropped a bit - 25-30 mm at least!
Shame we don't have access to some of the features/options (exhaust, sunroof, xenon lights, etc.) on offer on the Euro/UK cars on the H range . . . . well any Opel actually! C'mon on Holden!

Other than that I really don't mind it. Still waiting for the [b]3[b] SA cars to arrive in the showrooms.

am quite surprised to see no xenon headlights.... that's honestly pathetic

poita
9th August 2008, 04:27 PM
Quite typical that we get the half arsed watered down version here

Still wouldnt say no to one :D

cocacola
9th August 2008, 04:52 PM
the ugly Holden badge and wheel center caps just ruin the whole car!!!:mad:

OPC
9th August 2008, 05:09 PM
looks good,

needs bigger wheels though...

poita
9th August 2008, 07:08 PM
the ugly Holden badge and wheel center caps just ruin the whole car!!!:mad:

Thats the thing that annoys me with the VXR, yes I know I don't own one.
The badges make em look like a bastard child, they have Holden, HSV, VXR and Opel badges. How hard would it of been to stick with one type?

OPC
9th August 2008, 07:36 PM
Thats the thing that annoys me with the VXR, yes I know I don't own one.
The badges make em look like a bastard child, they have Holden, HSV, VXR and Opel badges. How hard would it of been to stick with one type?

not very hard because i have gone and got every badge possible to take it back to Opel

the only other badge or whatever is the HSV build number under the bonnet

all of the VXR crap has gone and replaced with OPC

KingOfAstras
9th August 2008, 07:43 PM
Atleast it would be easier to Opelise :P

poita
9th August 2008, 08:02 PM
Thats my point OPC, if its not that hard why not do it from the factory to start with

d.c.
9th August 2008, 08:21 PM
Since when does painting a car white make it a Nurburgring special? :rolleyes:
This thing is bullshit!

OPC
9th August 2008, 08:45 PM
Thats my point OPC, if its not that hard why not do it from the factory to start with

i know hey... they "HSV" should have had a good look and said ok if we cant get a HSV badge for the car's airbag and we cant use the vauxhall dash clusters because of the MPH then why dont we call it the HSV OPC and source everything from germany

friggin useless i reckon...

anyway im happy cos i didnt have to cut the airbag badge out this time

OPC
9th August 2008, 08:53 PM
This thing is bullshit!

well the Astra VXR or OPC are STILL selling like hot cakes over in the UK and Germany

so its a good marketing ploy for over there

some guys in the UK are still putting orders in for the VXR and have to wait 6 - 8 more months from now for a VXR

so bringing 835 of a special edition into the market would sell alot more

i agree with you that its bullshit that you paint a car white, put a badge on it and different rims and sell it for more than a standard VXR

But hey if it was your company and you could do it, you bloody well would because people will buy them

get this, the VXR are selling that good that GM UK have put the price of the car UP

d.c.
9th August 2008, 11:36 PM
i agree with you that its bullshit that you paint a car white, put a badge on it and different rims and sell it for more than a standard VXR

That was my only point, I never said anything about the normal VXR or how well they sell.

OPC
10th August 2008, 01:22 PM
went down to the local HSV dealer to see if they will be getting any in

they should have had one on the 4.08.08 but hasnt shown up yet

GreyRex
10th August 2008, 03:10 PM
If anyone else in Melbourne happens to see one in a dealership let us know. I'd be keen on just having a look before it sells.

Calibrated
10th August 2008, 06:35 PM
if i win the lotto next week i know what i would buy :)

that thing is sex..

or if not, i'd love those wheels on my 5dr AH.

Wraith
10th August 2008, 07:12 PM
If anyone else in Melbourne happens to see one in a dealership let us know. I'd be keen on just having a look before it sells.

'Apparently' Melb. or Vic. HSV dealers have received a total of 6 of the 20 allocated to Aust. so you should find one here somewhere to go look at compared to other states...if not just go for a drive and pop into HSV Braybrook ;)

Also again 'apparently' Queensland has received none, because the VXR sales there are virtually non-existant ?? so all peeps from the sunshine state who want to see or buy one....well better organise to go interstate...

Above info comes from the same source as the rest of it I've put up :)

kabel
10th August 2008, 09:06 PM
Carsales.com.au has one VXR Astra in Casablanca White listed for Queensland yet to see any in WA

Shaun
10th August 2008, 11:44 PM
This thing is bullshit!

There is more to it then Just a white coat of paint. But i guess seeing you have done your home work then would already know that...... (SARCASM)

For those who arent aware the Nurburgring has a revised IDS (Known as IDS+2) which changes the handling package somewhat. The tyre on the 18 in rims have been specially picked for handling aspects. (Uses Dunlops apossed to the Contientals used on the standard VXR which have proven to be a great tyre)

The reason behind the Nurburgring VXR is due to the car holding to the lap record for a FWD Hot Hatch for over 2 years @ the ring. (pretty good claim to fame which has only just been beaten by the Renualt Magane which is a " stripped" out version so the VXR still holds some claim to fame as it was a standard production built car that had nothing changed from how it rolled out of the showroom)

Shaun
10th August 2008, 11:49 PM
am quite surprised to see no xenon headlights.... that's honestly pathetic

Xenon's are about 5k AUD as an option. Meaning the cars would be about 49k + orc and are out of the game on pricing. HSV Needed to keep the price level close to the rest of the Hot Hatches . I think the pricing of the VXR fairly spot on all things considering. Onthey are a low import model. Meaning the are exclusive to start off with / (The ring is even more exclisive with 20 units hitting Australia)

cyclonic
10th August 2008, 11:53 PM
Well if it was a lotto win, i'd go buy one.

Still the Astra Coupe in white looks pretty damn nice.
I'd change the wheels to black ones, darkest legal tint on the windows and Remus exhaust.

Still, I like it!

Shaun
10th August 2008, 11:57 PM
Well if it was a lotto win, i'd go buy one.

Still the Astra Coupe in white looks pretty damn nice.
I'd change the wheels to black ones, darkest legal tint on the windows and Remus exhaust.

Still, I like it!

Forget the remus. Milltek is where its at. Makes the car sound like a sleeper when driving in normal day to day use but when you hit it and open it up look out. Sounds very angry...

Vectracious
11th August 2008, 12:11 AM
Agree with everyone else about the poxy white wheels. I like the piano black on the centre console - but can you imagine the fingerprints on it!!

Shaun
11th August 2008, 06:23 AM
Agree with everyone else about the poxy white wheels. I like the piano black on the centre console - but can you imagine the fingerprints on it!!

Agreed about the wheels. They would be the 1st thing i would change. The new 19 inch rims on the 08 VXR (Polished face with a light shadow chrome on the rest of the wheel) suit the Nurburgring ring . (Its an option overseas)

Wraith
11th August 2008, 08:34 AM

Correct you are Pete, the piano black looks very nice, but it does leave itself prone to dirt and scratches showing out very easily...

The one I've shown in the pics is already 'blemmished' with some scratches on the centre console bit where the build number is...you have to be very careful with piano black trims, getting them custom painted in backed enamel is the way to go :)

Calibrated
11th August 2008, 08:35 AM
am i the only one that absolutely loves the white wheels?
i wonder if you can order the nurburg flag decals from holden.. i have an idea in my head :)

Wraith
11th August 2008, 08:54 AM
i wonder if you can order the nurburg flag decals from holden.. i have an idea in my head :)

I think your the only one who loves both the decals and wheels in combination that I've heard of anyway LOL :)

The sales guy at KD I spoke too also loves the wheels, me and my group thought they looked off...we also agreed those decals would be the 1st thing to be removed ! kind of makes the car look very rice and a toy instead of a real vehicle IMO.

Luckily they are just a sticker and can indeed be easily removed.

Don't think you can order them from GMH, but I'm sure if you go to any sticker/paper supply house, you could get em made up...

btm
11th August 2008, 10:39 AM

nope, i'm a fan of them

d.c.
11th August 2008, 11:06 AM
For those who arent aware the Nurburgring has a revised IDS (Known as IDS+2) which changes the handling package somewhat. The tyre on the 18 in rims have been specially picked for handling aspects. (Uses Dunlops apossed to the Contientals used on the standard VXR which have proven to be a great tyre)

Wow! Major mods, gee was I mistaken. (SARCASM)

I like the VXR and I think this one looks very good in white but I just think its bullshit that they have named it after one of the worlds best known race tracks and not made it anymore track ready than a normal car.

OPC
11th August 2008, 11:13 AM
:)

nope, i'm a fan of them

that makes 3 of us

glider
11th August 2008, 11:50 AM
i think they make it look more track worthy (even tho the rest of the car would suggest has no difference)

lampshade
11th August 2008, 02:11 PM
At least the burg is easy to clean;)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

OPC
11th August 2008, 02:31 PM

damn beat me hahahahaha

better warn people its a hell of alot of pics in that thread

btm
11th August 2008, 03:09 PM

now that's just silly... is he for real?

he has problems

JohnBu
11th August 2008, 03:22 PM
incredible attention to detail..

i hope he spends more time driving it than cleaning it.. but good luck to him..

imay
11th August 2008, 03:34 PM

Very nice result . . .

but I think this guy needs to be told there is a world outside his garage and he has just missed it!
Has anyone told him it RAINS in the UK and his car is quite possibly going to get wet and dirty. I'm sure he drives it (IF he drives it) with those same brand gloves on that he uses to clean it.

I like my car to be clean too, but OMG . . . get a LIFE!

btm
11th August 2008, 03:38 PM
Very nice result . . .

but I think this guy needs to be told there is a world outside his garage and he has just missed it!
Has anyone told him it RAINS in the UK and his car is quite possibly going to get wet and dirty. I'm sure he drives it (IF he drives it) with those same brand gloves on that he uses to clean it.

I like my car to be clean too, but OMG . . . get a LIFE!

ditto. i hate to think how much it cost him not including time

CNBLU
11th August 2008, 03:41 PM
i dont get it... on which day does he stick his dick in the exhaust?

btm
11th August 2008, 03:43 PM

only after the day that it wasnt 0.0000013 of a millimetre out

Vectracious
11th August 2008, 03:47 PM

LOL

If he fusses this much over an Astra, imagine what he would do if he had a real exotic car to clean!!!

Prob spend the rest of his life blowing off every speck of dust off the paint with a can of compressed air.

btm
11th August 2008, 03:55 PM
and i liked the white rims better

Wraith
11th August 2008, 03:57 PM

This guy obviously loves his white VXR and has done a tremendous clean and detail job to it - well done...

Speaking for myself, it certainly makes me feel better whenever I see car enthusiasts like this as I'm also fanatical when it comes to this sort of thing with cars of mine :)

Wraith
11th August 2008, 04:00 PM
LOL

If he fusses this much over an Astra, imagine what he would do if he had a real exotic car to clean!!!

Prob spend the rest of his life blowing off every speck of dust off the paint with a can of compressed air.

Answer to that if I can relate myself to it - is that the VXR 'is' his pride n joy...to him it probably is the exotic he can afford, so all his passion/enthusiasm goes into that instead - that's the way it is for me :)

Vectracious
11th August 2008, 05:03 PM
Answer to that if I can relate myself to it - is that the VXR 'is' his pride n joy...to him it probably is the exotic he can afford, so all his passion/enthusiasm goes into that instead - that's the way it is for me :)

Yeah fair enough - I guess I just cant see the point spending that much time and effort to keep a car clean - unless you are not going to drive it anywhere..

imay
11th August 2008, 05:16 PM
Well . . . I've just been to see one of the 2 VXR 'burgs that are supposed to be coming to Adelaide . . . and

I'm not convinced!

Sure, it's nice, and I love the white . . . but

My first impressions still stand:
The stripes are nice, unique, and not over-powering but still a little toooo boy racer for me;
the white wheels are too kitchy - be a real pain in the butt to keep clean - and I still prefer the silver VXR 19s;
hate the Opel flash on the steering wheel - because it is the only one on the car - I'd be buying an HSV Opel Astra OPC VXR Nurburgring - too much. HSV logo should be on the wheel, that's all there is too it!
and . . . for $45k + ORC it still doesn't have the gizmos (xenons, sat nav, etc., even as options) that a car of this "uniqueness" should have.

Nah! We'll stick to our TS convertible and hatch and not be overly concerned about where/when we park it, save a heap on insurance/s and not be committed to car washing every weekend.

. . . but still nice!

imay
11th August 2008, 05:24 PM
And . . . I just remembered . . . even the salesman today stumbled over the naming of it and I'm sure he called it the HSV "Burger Ring." Hadn't crossed my mind before, but be damed if I'd want something that people kept calling THAT!

ASTRAY
11th August 2008, 05:46 PM
now that's just silly... is he for real?

he has problems

SERIOUS problems!
and putting a quote from the bible on the heat shield....?!?
what a knob!
oh dear lord, protect my car from the evils of dirt and grime :rolleyes:
unless it you were to put the quote about turning water into wine!
a car that turns water to wine :think: or beer, or bourbon, now that'd be a very popular car! hehe

i like the white rims, on the white astra they dont look the best, but on a different coloured car theyd look great, well on some colours.
i very much dislike the hsv badges, opel badges would suit it perfect.

ASTRAY
11th August 2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah fair enough - I guess I just cant see the point spending that much time and effort to keep a car clean - unless you are not going to drive it anywhere..

i could understand if it was going into a museum...

Shaun
11th August 2008, 07:17 PM
Wow! Major mods, gee was I mistaken. (SARCASM)

I like the VXR and I think this one looks very good in white but I just think its bullshit that they have named it after one of the worlds best known race tracks and not made it anymore track ready than a normal car.

Considering the Program is completely redesigned it is a major mod. Its been completely re calibrated from the ground up.

Shaun
11th August 2008, 07:19 PM
LOL

He has cleaned excotic cars. Marc is a Detailer in the UK. His attn to detail is unbelieveable. Marc is held with high regards in the UK.

I wish he could come to Australia to clean my VXR

R3N
11th August 2008, 07:24 PM
i like this:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/vxrmarc/Nurburgring%20Engine%20Bay/14052008344nn5.jpg

the stripes don't do it for me, wish they could've done something more subtle like Renault
http://blog.revitupuk.com/_photos/F11100_0940.jpg

Wraith
12th August 2008, 09:12 AM
And . . . I just remembered . . . even the salesman today stumbled over the naming of it and I'm sure he called it the HSV "Burger Ring." Hadn't crossed my mind before, but be damed if I'd want something that people kept calling THAT!

That makes 2 of us here who've inspected it in the metal thus far Ian and interesting comments :)

This whole business of the VXR's mixed up identity/badging is something I raised and whinged about when the car was 1st introduced, yet it seems alot of people are just realising it now, it is one thing that's just so wrong about our Aust variant and GMH/HSV certainly need to be told what a stupid thing that was to leave it that way...it obviously shows just how much or little they give a rats arse about this car, it is probably also the only car around which dosn't have a proper brochure to go with it and try asking GMH/HSV questions about it, all you get are blank looks, it's even worse than the Calibra turbo was before it in this respect :rolleyes:

As for the white duco, the way it's come back into fashion these days, there'll be alot of people driving around with dirty cars LOL or washing them every week :)

As for nick names, that one above is hallarious, funniest I've heard up until now is the 'nerd' VXR...and the all over graphic certainly dosn't help LOL...

Also seems like the WA dealers/stealers are going for the increased price as well ???

Melb. pricing is same as the rest of them...

Wraith
12th August 2008, 09:23 AM
He has cleaned excotic cars. Marc is a Detailer in the UK. His attn to detail is unbelieveable. Marc is held with high regards in the UK.

I wish he could come to Australia to clean my VXR

Is this the same guy who was posted up a while ago who also did a great clean and detail to an arden blue VXR ??

Did the same guy also do Aussies red VXR ??

If so, I remember everybody here praised him and the job he performed :)

kabel
12th August 2008, 09:21 PM
Is this the same guy who was posted up a while ago who also did a great clean and detail to an arden blue VXR ??

Did the same guy also do Aussies red VXR ??

If so, I remember everybody here praised him and the job he performed :)

That`s him !
The man is a machine,good on him for being so passionate about his profession,pity there aren`t more people around who know their
purpose in life :dance:
PS
I think he has a website dedicated to detailing try Auto-reflect.com if you are interested

Shaun
13th August 2008, 12:03 AM
That makes 2 of us here who've inspected it in the metal thus far Ian and interesting comments :)

This whole business of the VXR's mixed up identity/badging is something I raised and whinged about when the car was 1st introduced, yet it seems alot of people are just realising it now, it is one thing that's just so wrong about our Aust variant and GMH/HSV certainly need to be told what a stupid thing that was to leave it that way...it obviously shows just how much or little they give a rats arse about this car, it is probably also the only car around which dosn't have a proper brochure to go with it and try asking GMH/HSV questions about it, all you get are blank looks, it's even worse than the Calibra turbo was before it in this respect :rolleyes:

As for the white duco, the way it's come back into fashion these days, there'll be alot of people driving around with dirty cars LOL or washing them every week :)

As for nick names, that one above is hallarious, funniest I've heard up until now is the 'nerd' VXR...and the all over graphic certainly dosn't help LOL...

Also seems like the WA dealers/stealers are going for the increased price as well ???

Melb. pricing is same as the rest of them...

Its an Opel issue. HSV and Vauxhall wanted the cars to have a VXR Cluster (that reads in KM/H) and HSV Marking on the wheel. Its all about cost. I must have said this about a million times now on here but for Opel to produce a steering wheel with a HSV logo on them it would have cost them 100,000's euro in crash testing the airbag and having it past design standards. When HSV are only importing low number the return to the factory isnt justified. However if HSV see the current VXR as a success and bring the next VXR to australia you will find when the testing and development is being carried out of such compoents they will do the testing at the same time they do the testing of the Vauxhall and Opel .

Romour has it the next Gen VXR will have MRC Suspension. Good chance that HSV Engineers would be giving OPC Feed back on set up as they are currently testing it in the UK on a GTS to see if its viable to introduce it on the VXR8 in the UK.

kabel
13th August 2008, 07:07 AM
I can only find 2 VXR`s for sale in Perth,both at City Motors HSV and neither is a `Burg,
Wraith where did you find the WA ( Wait Awhile ) pricing ?

Wraith
13th August 2008, 08:39 AM
I can only find 2 VXR`s for sale in Perth,both at City Motors HSV and neither is a `Burg,

The pricings I've spoken of are Melb. and SA (Sth. Aust) pricing, don't know about WA's pricing.

I assumed it would be the same Aust. wide, as when I was at KD's, the stealer there got it up on the computer, but from what Ian (Imay) quoted in his post, it seems SA HSV stealers are going for the full rip LOL, good luck to them, very cockie attitude, seeing there's been little if any interest in these cars :rolleyes:

EL BURITO
13th August 2008, 01:06 PM
Odd of the 3 on car sales

2 are at city motors and the other @ shacks holding yard given the train line in the back ground

and there is a blue demo but I cant work out the dealer, and that would be confusing you both having blue ones.

imay
13th August 2008, 01:08 PM
it seems SA HSV stealers are going for the full rip

Yep. 2 Adelaide dealers (Metro Port Road and City Holden) will have the BurgerRing for sale at $44990 + ORC (about $4000). "No way would Melbourne HSV be selling these for less!" was one response I got.

And further to an earlier post re pre-delivery km on a new car: The 'Ring I looked at had 32 km on the clock already, and the offer was made for me to take it for a test drive once they had finished the pre-delivery detailing! I declined as not really interested . . .

. . . couldn't find the button to fold the roof back!

OPC
13th August 2008, 02:15 PM
they will sell... for sure

it will come down to the colour...

daiflu
13th August 2008, 07:05 PM
Went past KD's on my way home.
They've got it in the front row now!

kabel
13th August 2008, 07:13 PM
Odd of the 3 on car sales

2 are at city motors and the other @ shacks holding yard given the train line in the back ground

and there is a blue demo but I cant work out the dealer, and that would be confusing you both having blue ones.
Shacks have nothing at present,the photo is generic.
I had my car serviced at City`s on Monday and they have the blue demo there and a silver one around the back

Wraith
14th August 2008, 08:42 AM
Yep. 2 Adelaide dealers (Metro Port Road and City Holden) will have the BurgerRing for sale at $44990 + ORC (about $4000). "No way would Melbourne HSV be selling these for less!" was one response I got.

And further to an earlier post re pre-delivery km on a new car: The 'Ring I looked at had 32 km on the clock already, and the offer was made for me to take it for a test drive once they had finished the pre-delivery detailing! I declined as not really interested . . .

. . . couldn't find the button to fold the roof back!

LOL these people make me laugh Ian :)

Next time your in there - if you ever go back - tell him to give his HSV Melb. collegues a call and see what the going prices are, unless of course, the pricing here is just a ploy to get interest, wouldn't put anything past GMH/HSV stealers :rolleyes:

As for km's the one at KD's had 14km on the dial - I was also offered to take it for a thrash, to which I also declined, no point for me as I'm not interested and I'm doing the future would be owner a favour as well...

That 'button' is in that other model Ian, the twin top :D LOL

Did mention it somewhere the other day, I was told GMH will not be bringing in the twin top turbo models, sales arn't strong enough to justify it...now that's a damn shame :(

DirtyHarry
14th August 2008, 11:57 AM
hence my post. cars with 32 km or more obviously have been thrashed around...and then the dealer try to sell it to you, trying to make you look stupid, that its a brand new car and hasnt been driven around.

EL BURITO
14th August 2008, 12:10 PM
I had my car serviced at City`s on Monday

OT but were they any better than your last experience with BG?

EL BURITO
14th August 2008, 12:14 PM
hence my post. cars with 32 km or more obviously have been thrashed around...and then the dealer try to sell it to you, trying to make you look stupid, that its a brand new car and hasnt been driven around.
see that is why I don't get why they don't reset the KMS. Ok it would be dishonest but the buyer wouldn't know a thing. (and GM cars can have there OD reset by the TECH 2 until 100kms are covered)

Wraith
14th August 2008, 04:05 PM
see that is why I don't get why they don't reset the KMS. Ok it would be dishonest but the buyer wouldn't know a thing. (and GM cars can have there OD reset by the TECH 2 until 100kms are covered)

hmmm interesting one, I've heard they can pretty much reset anything from any figure on the odometer through tech 1 or 2 tools on relevant cars.

Don't know which I'd prefer on a car that I really wanted, to see some travelled km's there or be decieved and have it blanked when it was pre-driven ??? it has happened to me and I was cheased to see a certain amount of travelled km's on my supposedly brand new delivered car, I'd probably be more angry if I'd found out they blanked it out entirely :mad:

When I purchased my HSV R8 back in '99 it had about 49km on the clock as I recall, I went over the whole debacle of getting on their backs about it, since the car was a custom order job for me which I waited months for, not something that was just sitting on the showroom floor, I won't even bore you all with the bullshit crap excuses they came up with as to "why it is so" I know for a fact someone or ones had taken it for a 'pleasure drive' - cockheads :mad:

OPC
14th August 2008, 04:56 PM
ok time for my rant,

ill replace what i think of him with a **you know what**

went down to the local HSV dealer the other day

saw the **you know what** in charge

told him all about the nurb and how ive been talkin to alot of guys in the UK about it

told him ive seen heaps and heaps of pics from the UK **fukin heaps**

BUT... i want to see it in the flesh, he goes yeah yeah **you know what**

he looks on the computer and says "it should have been here on the 4th"

so 2 days later he rings me saying it will be in the dealership in 2 days

another 2 days goes by and the **you know what** leaves a message on my phone asking for my email addy so he can send me some FUKING PICS OF THE CAR

WTF ? DID HE NOT LISTEN ?

anyway fukit ive seen heaps of pics

i was gunna get one but he can go fuk himself,
ill save the extra cash they want for it and get myself a bluefin

had an awesome number plate ready for it aswell

no wraith not nerd or burger :lol:

Wraith
15th August 2008, 08:22 AM
ok time for my rant,

ill replace what i think of him with a **you know what**

went down to the local HSV dealer the other day

saw the **you know what** in charge

told him all about the nurb and how ive been talkin to alot of guys in the UK about it

told him ive seen heaps and heaps of pics from the UK **fukin heaps**

BUT... i want to see it in the flesh, he goes yeah yeah **you know what**

he looks on the computer and says "it should have been here on the 4th"

so 2 days later he rings me saying it will be in the dealership in 2 days

another 2 days goes by and the **you know what** leaves a message on my phone asking for my email addy so he can send me some FUKING PICS OF THE CAR

WTF ? DID HE NOT LISTEN ?

anyway fukit ive seen heaps of pics

i was gunna get one but he can go fuk himself,
ill save the extra cash they want for it and get myself a bluefin

had an awesome number plate ready for it aswell

no wraith not nerd or burger :lol:

Hey OPC, that would be a shame if you really wanted one and prepared yourself for it with things like rego plates etc. ready to go, I've done that myself numerous times before and know what it's like - I say in that case, definitely grab one !!!

If you have to, get a hold of people here, make all the deals, take a quick plane trip to Melb. and get one here and drive it back home...

Myself or even other people here can offer assistance, or the same in another state - I've helped someone from Sydney before with a Melb. car purchase, a Calibra in that case :)

maloo97
15th August 2008, 10:38 AM
http://cars2.ebay.com.au/Holden-Special-Vehicles-VXR-AH-MY-Speed-M_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ370077538340

KingOfAstras
15th August 2008, 08:39 PM
http://cars2.ebay.com.au/Holden-Special-Vehicles-VXR-AH-MY-Speed-M_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ370077538340
"Was $44990 --- Now $42240 --- Includes (Price excludes $1695 delivery fee and government charges)"

ooo lala!

Wraith
18th August 2008, 01:04 PM
mmmm, interesting above ^^^

Don't mean to put another spin on this thread, as I'm sure it has been mentioned somewhere else before, but I happened to pass by another HSV dealer over the weekend and they had one of the grey coloured VXR's there (the colour that replaced star silver)...whatever it's called, as HSV still havn't updated their site to show this - typical :rolleyes: it looks alot like the 'odessey grey' colour used on the VZ Monaros :)

All I can say is IMHO this is definitely the colour I'd want for a VXR...I hadn't seen it in the flesh before and my fav. colour before this was always the red, but that new grey colour looks fantastic. it suits the cars exterior lines and shape very well and makes it look more like a grown up and sophisticated car and matches the new coloured 19" wheels perfectly.

It dosn't have the limited build number of the Nurb. white variant, but there probably arn't that many of this colour imported and around anyway...

btm
18th August 2008, 01:05 PM
the moonland colour?

Wraith
18th August 2008, 01:09 PM
the moonland colour?

If that's what it's called ?? then yes :)

It's a very nice shade of grey, almost the same as used on Monaros called odessey grey.

Best looking VXR colour for sure IHMO :)

I do remember it being mentioned some time back by someone else, who also said they loved it...

glider
18th August 2008, 02:48 PM
If that's what it's called ?? then yes :)

It's a very nice shade of grey, almost the same as used on Monaros called odessey grey.

Best looking VXR colour for sure IHMO :)

I do remember it being mentioned some time back by someone else, who also said they loved it...

this color? (thats astralogical's CD Coupe)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/2369620675_d0f9132752_o.jpg

poita
18th August 2008, 02:51 PM
Was in the local holden dealer today, they arent getting any in :(
On the other hand had a good look at one of the SS-V Sports Wagons, I'm liking it more and more.

Dowie
18th August 2008, 03:08 PM
On the other hand had a good look at one of the SS-V Sports Wagons.

My dad rekons it looks like hearse!

imay
18th August 2008, 04:56 PM
"Lighting Silver" is the color which replaces Star Silver on the OPC/VXR models from Opel/Vauxhall, so that must be the color that we are getting.

Agree with you, Ange. Color looks nice on the VXR. Nice change from the Star Silver which we have. Still reckon they need to do something other than a change of color to convince me to change over though! Dropped by Metro Holden to show the 'ring to my wife. The facial expression was enough, she didn't need to say a thing! And this is from someone who loves the Astra Coupe.

Wraith
19th August 2008, 09:48 AM
Was in the local holden dealer today, they arent getting any in :(
On the other hand had a good look at one of the SS-V Sports Wagons, I'm liking it more and more.

Poita, I did mention that in my 1st post, ie: Sunshine state will NOT get any of the 20 white VXR's allocated to Aust...

If anyone there is interested, they need to go interstate, buy one and just drive it back :)

Wraith
19th August 2008, 10:13 AM
"Lighting Silver" is the color which replaces Star Silver on the OPC/VXR models from Opel/Vauxhall, so that must be the color that we are getting.

Agree with you, Ange. Color looks nice on the VXR. Nice change from the Star Silver which we have. Still reckon they need to do something other than a change of color to convince me to change over though! Dropped by Metro Holden to show the 'ring to my wife. The facial expression was enough, she need to say a thing! And this is from someone who loves the Astra Coupe.

Yep, that sounds like the colour Ian - it dosn't look like the colour posted by glider, unless that's the pic which makes it look different ??

I'm not surprised at all Val's not impressed Ian, TBH the white VXR would mainly if not only appeal to a very young demographic, especially with that silly graphic running along the entire upper surface !!! if it didn't have that, it would look more sensible...

I'm sure she'd like a red one or even the lightning silver (I remember she really liked Simon's red AH Sri t when she saw that at the Melb. meet).

That lightning silver colour is definitely the go for an older and/or more conservative type of person interested in a VXR, like mentioned previously, it makes the car look more classy and neater, rather than a boy racer, which is more like what the lighter/brighter colours make it look like :)

glider
19th August 2008, 05:24 PM
Yep, that sounds like the colour Ian - it dosn't look like the colour posted by glider, unless that's the pic which makes it look different ??

I'm not surprised at all Val's not impressed Ian, TBH the white VXR would mainly if not only appeal to a very young demographic, especially with that silly graphic running along the entire upper surface !!! if it didn't have that, it would look more sensible...

I'm sure she'd like a red one or even the lightning silver (I remember she really liked Simon's red AH Sri t when she saw that at the Melb. meet).

That lightning silver colour is definitely the go for an older and/or more conservative type of person interested in a VXR, like mentioned previously, it makes the car look more classy and neater, rather than a boy racer, which is more like what the lighter/brighter colours make it look like :)

one i posted is moonland

poita
19th August 2008, 07:59 PM
blah blah blah GTR GTR GTR blah blah GTR blah GTR blah blah blah GTR GTR GTR

sorry wat was that :p

ah i missed of missed it, it was 6 pages ago.
is a shame we wont get any of them here, would love to have a good look at one

OPC
19th August 2008, 08:30 PM
, TBH the white VXR would mainly if not only appeal to a very young demographic, :)

consider me young then...

Wraith
20th August 2008, 08:53 AM
one i posted is moonland

I think it's lightning silver ?? not moonland ??

Can't check on it as already mentioned HSV don't even have it on their site...

Wraith
20th August 2008, 08:56 AM
sorry wat was that :p

ah i missed of missed it, it was 6 pages ago.
is a shame we wont get any of them here, would love to have a good look at one

LOL reminds me of Bart Simpson, no matter what's going on, he only sees what's in his own mind :D

Wraith
20th August 2008, 08:59 AM
consider me young then...

Well comparatively speaking you are still a young man :) mid life crisis is stil 5-10 years away for you ;)

But TBH what I really meant was more about the graphic than the colour - white is very nice not only on this VXR but alot of other cars :)

cyclonic
20th August 2008, 09:02 AM
Now that i've had more time to look at the car, the decals just have to go. Its so garish and boy-racer. The Astra Coupe looks great in white but those white wheels really ruin it.