PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

realrift
7th August 2008, 01:27 AM
Hello All,

Just found these forums and have been reading some quite informative posts. I have a tired old (but firendly) Astra 1.8 with around 190K on the clock. Just discovered the joys of de-restricted airbox with cold air/ram feed and K&N panel filter, new Air Flow meter and semi-click tires. Wish I had done this all a lot earlier.

Cheers,
Rift.

EL BURITO
7th August 2008, 01:36 AM
bloody hell mate u rack up some KMS

please tell me you have discovered Autovaux.com too

What state you in

realrift
7th August 2008, 08:16 AM
Hehe, yeah the K's really ticked due to working out of Brisbane for many years. It is a 2000 model too so I have had time to rack up the k's :).

I am in qld. Beatiful one day, (then we relax cause the dams reach a whopping 40%! and reduce water restrictions) and drought the next.

Actually haven't seen autovaux yet. I realise now I got stung recently with a $800 160K service and timing belt change. They also over-oiled the panel filter which appears to have reduced the efficiency of the MAF (hence the replacement) and left some oile deposits around the throttle body and butterfly valve.

Cheers,
Rift.

btm
7th August 2008, 08:34 AM
welcome rift, enjoy your stay

auzvectra
7th August 2008, 06:40 PM
welcome, u sure it's a X18XE not a Z18xe, i have only seen (that i have worked on) 98 models with the X18XE?
160K is quite a few, but it should be good for plenty more ;).

realrift
7th August 2008, 07:03 PM
Yup unfortunately its an x18xe. Its just like me to miss out on the fly-by-wire and more power :(

btm
8th August 2008, 10:08 AM
Yup unfortunately its an x18xe. Its just like me to miss out on the fly-by-wire and more power :(

not to worry. look after her and she should look after you

Tfer
11th August 2008, 10:06 AM
Welcome to Opelaus mate.... good to see someone else's ride with a heap of kms too (my '03 Veccy CDXi has 175,000)... enjoy your time here :)