PDA

View Full Version : SRi Boot Deck Problem

RedRaven
22nd July 2004, 03:35 PM
Hi guys -

I just noticed there's a problem with my rear deck ('03 Astra SRi).

Where the rear deck slides into place, on either side, there's a small 'axle' like cylinder that sticks out. The guide on the rear deck slots onto it.

But one of the cylinder lugs seems to have snapped off, left a neat little hole and disappeared into the space behind the plastic panel (its somewhere just above the recess for a fire extinguisher on the inner left side of the boot.

Could I concievably get this fixed under warranty? I've not put anything larger than a shopping bag in there, and I've never taken the rear deck out except for when I first got the car (trying everything out).

RedRaven
'03 Black Astra SRi

astroboy
22nd July 2004, 03:54 PM
u should be able to get it fixed under warranty
if not pull the plastics off on that side and check inside the plastics, mine falls in occasionally

FlySri
22nd July 2004, 04:56 PM
I had a problem with the lugs coming loose. I ran some glue around it and is fine now. They can come loose/ fall out if the boot is shut too fast, the tray miss alines and the lug snapes. It is relatively easy to reamove panels, but they are a tight fit so it is time consuming !!! But if you can get it under warrenty go for it !!!
Hope that helps!!!

DoomTrooper
22nd July 2004, 05:02 PM
u think thats bad, i snapped a drill bit off in the back of the rear seat whilst drilling into it
hopefully it doesn't poke ppl in the back

journo
22nd July 2004, 10:35 PM
Um... I may have read you wrong... but my Corsa did a similar thing... the axle/lug thingy possibly didn't actually fall in or snap off... you need to stick your hand up the other side of where it disappears (if you can) and push it back out... OR
get something small (like a drill bit with blue tack (my lug was hollow) and use that to coax it back out. The hole (if the Astra is same as Corsa) is the inside of the axle/lug.

Does that help? It happened when I went to put the deck in an accidently bumped the lug from the side and made it "dissapear".

Good luck.