PDA

View Full Version : Engine Conversions

freaktown
21st July 2004, 03:33 PM
I have been having a few problems with my car recently and as such i think a new engine may be the answer!

Now i was wondering if people new what kind of engines fitted into a 1997 vectra besides its current engine!

Such as the new vectra engines the v6's, astra 2.2 litre engines and so on, i have no idea and realise i probably need to speak to holden directly but it woul be interesting to know!

Especially if it comes to the point i need a new engine and am able to stick in a new Vectra V6 engine, mabey an astra turbo if i am able to get one, altho unlikely!

James.

journo
21st July 2004, 03:44 PM
This may earn me some flak but depending on your resolve and finances, you can pretty much put anything in anything whether there is room for it or not.

For example, remember the really old civics?? There was one at the 2003 Gatton Sprints which was all wheel drive and turboed... (thats where I got my day dream for my Corsa from).
Another example is the old Jags with chevy big blocks in them -- there are heaps of those out there.

I'd approach this from the POV of desired performance outcome then look for which engines match that desire.

Once you have a list, ask an engineer which engine is the easiest/most cost effective to graft into your car.

The other consideration is whether your existing gearbox will mate to the engine you choose.

Degen-Astra
21st July 2004, 03:45 PM
Why not turbo or supercharge a V6 :wink: maybe turbo or S/C a 2.2.

(just ideas...as i have no idea how to actually do this)

Jass
21st July 2004, 04:07 PM
not enough space in the engine i would have thought??

freaktown
21st July 2004, 04:11 PM
For a v6 you mean jass?

see this is more a interest than an actual goal, i mean my next car will be RWD turbo no doubt about it, i have a feeling i should just save all i can and than see what happens, either way ill have money to get it rebuilt or sell it and move on :(

Jackson
21st July 2004, 04:40 PM
if it's the same engine used in the calibra v6 as in the early 2.5 vectra you can't turbo these engines, people have tried but the only thing you can do is supercharge them.

ultim8DTM5
21st July 2004, 08:22 PM
Sell it and move on.

freaktown
21st July 2004, 08:24 PM
well it hasnt happened yet mate! lol

but if it does, yea rwd turbo here i come!

RK
21st July 2004, 11:24 PM
its a Vectra B.. save you money for a better car.

like the OPC Vectra! or the GSI/VRX V6 turbo when it comes out :)

Jass
22nd July 2004, 07:33 AM
For a v6 you mean jass?

see this is more a interest than an actual goal, i mean my next car will be RWD turbo no doubt about it, i have a feeling i should just save all i can and than see what happens, either way ill have money to get it rebuilt or sell it and move on :(

Yeah freaky the v6.

Iam gonna keep the astra for a bit more, then sell it and buy either a R34 GT-T (cause the GT-R is too expensive) or maybe an evo :)

Well one can only hope

__Smudge__
22nd July 2004, 08:20 AM
Evo is the route I would choose if I had the Bucks :twisted:

Jass
22nd July 2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah they are nice, but i love the R34's they look awsome, there about the only jap car i like along with the rex

freaktown
22nd July 2004, 02:10 PM
mMmMmM my dream RWD turbo..

r34 would also be my choice!

yellow with a nismo kit, and white 18inch wheels!

*Breathes into paper Bag...

ultim8DTM5
22nd July 2004, 09:20 PM
And you can call it Big Bird 8)

freaktown
22nd July 2004, 09:33 PM
*or i could call it..... ummm

big bird!

you'll have to speak up im wearing a towel!

InsaneAsylum
22nd July 2004, 10:19 PM
Evo is the route I would choose if I had the Bucks

they're $35000 in N.Z for an evo VI... not bad :mrgreen: