PDA

View Full Version : Astra upgrades and pics

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 01:18 PM
hey guys i was on awhile gaining some advice about what are the best mods and stuff and have finally opened up my wallet and yeh u only live once. also thanks for the advice some of you have provided me deeply appreciate it.

so far this is what is being done to the car
FMIC
Upgrade turbo and manifold
dump pipe
air filter and pipping
coil over suspension
halteck interceptor
fuel pressure regulator
vxr injectors
oil catch can
turbo timer
boost gauge
braided fuels lines

and other bits n pieces

here some pics of the items and work being done on the car hope it works

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 01:22 PM
more pics

btm
24th July 2008, 01:24 PM
too many beers before taking the pics? or just too excited?

most of the pics are blury :D

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 01:26 PM
i just dropped the car off few days ago so still bit of work left on it.
i did a power run and the car produced 116kw at the wheels, stock only with a reflash of the map and the car was running at 12-14PSI and haad the VXR injectors of boost.

SSS_Hoon
24th July 2008, 01:32 PM
think too many beers while typing too.

Seems like a fair amount of work going onto it.

I sure hope that the 116kw was before the new turbo inj and haltch and fmic and all that jazz went in. As its fairly low is all even for a stock car that is meant to have 147kw?

Where it getting done at?

Also is it just a VXR turbo or something different?

SSS_Hoon

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 01:39 PM
yeh sorry for the pics n typo errors guys just trying 2 juggle 2 many things at once.

well the car produces 147 at the fly wheel. so the figure i mentioned is the power at the treads.

116kw is with the map reflash and vxr injectors only nothing else.

i will do the 2nd run with all the mods are fitted on there.

its my mates work shop out in smithfield called INCAR Automotive

the turbo is a VXR turbo with the manifold

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 01:43 PM
is that ur pulsar, only reason i asked is that,the place where my car is getting worked on, they are working on a pulsar sss with a gti-r conversion and also i think they did a 4wd conversion on the car as well.

SSS_Hoon
24th July 2008, 02:14 PM
LoL

Yeah i know the 147 is flywheel figure, i have seen stock SRiT's with zorst only get that number anyway its not the point as its your starting figure and its only going to get better from there that is for sure.

What you hoping for at the wheels 150?

I heard of INCAR not heard much but i have heard of them.

U doing and traction mods LSD maybe?

If ur asking me if that is my SSS at INCAR then no its not, but if your asking if that is my SSS in the pics in my sig then yeah that is mine wanna buy it LoL?

SSS_Hoon

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 02:37 PM
yeh i get what ur saying. just a question, wat numbers in KW do stock SRI-T get at the wheels?

yeh im hoping for the 150-160 mark hopefuly

well i have been reading alot of threads on here n by the looks of it i might need the LSD, do they sotck the parts in Oz or do i need to ship it in?

yeh i know the car at incar isnt ur car and sort of gathered the idea the one in the pics are urs, but just u owning a SSS thought u might of heard bout it.

hahaha im trying 2 sell my brothers audi TT so we can buy a place
he has done big work to his as well.

GreyRex
24th July 2008, 02:57 PM
yeh i get what ur saying. just a question, wat numbers in KW do stock SRI-T get at the wheels?

yeh im hoping for the 150-160 mark hopefuly

well i have been reading alot of threads on here n by the looks of it i might need the LSD, do they sotck the parts in Oz or do i need to ship it in?

yeh i know the car at incar isnt ur car and sort of gathered the idea the one in the pics are urs, but just u owning a SSS thought u might of heard bout it.

hahaha im trying 2 sell my brothers audi TT so we can buy a place
he has done big work to his as well.

It is just me, or do those stock atw figures seem a little low?

I thought a stock standard TS should be about 120kW atw

I know there's always variables with each car... weather... dyno etc

I'm now curious to get mine dynoed again after I had the flash done

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 03:08 PM
ill get the dyno sheet n post it up time on the weekend but i got mine done at R&E rigoli's. i wasnt sure wat 2 expect cause i didnt know the ATW figures at all so i just assumed that was normal but yeh now im curious.

especially when i had the reflash and vxr injectors at the time of the dyno run and now thinking 116kw is a poor effort.

JohnBu
24th July 2008, 03:24 PM
hmmm to dyno this car, you gotta pull out the ABS/TC fuse.

the car won't make full power with it on.

FYI, my stock car made 125fwkw.

doesn't matter what the actual reading is, just use it as a benchmark when you dyno it again with the mods.

CNBLU
24th July 2008, 03:29 PM
You should get more than 150-160kw atw;)

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 03:45 PM
thanks for the confidence boost CNBLU, more the better

hey john this ABS/TC fuse, if removed does it cause any harm to the motor and what does this fuse do exactly?

Wraith
24th July 2008, 04:01 PM
Awesome stuff - lot of work there - well done :)

Pulling the fuse will allow you get a 'proper' dyno run as these cars are affected by the traction control kicking in during such runs...may explain your lower than expected numbers...

CNBLU
24th July 2008, 05:00 PM
fuse 23 is what you want to pull out. Its a saftey feature of the traction control and abs only allowing 70-80% of power on full throttle.

aza28
24th July 2008, 09:38 PM
fuse 23 is what you want to pull out. Its a saftey feature of the traction control and abs only allowing 70-80% of power on full throttle.

what he said... its because the rear wheels aren't moving yet the front's are - it thinks you're losing traction and therefore reduces the power output giving u a wack dyno reading.

nice list of mods BTW - a few of us have got 170+ with those mods with room for more KW's - so u should pass ur 150-160 benchmark

dannysport18
24th July 2008, 09:43 PM
What is this
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1825&stc=1&d=1216869380

dannysport18
24th July 2008, 09:44 PM
i am looking for a small oil catch can
like your one what place did you buy that from ??

aza28
24th July 2008, 09:46 PM
What is this
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1825&stc=1&d=1216869380

thats his fuel pressure regulator i'd say

aza28
24th July 2008, 09:47 PM
i am looking for a small oil catch can
like your one what place did you buy that from ??

try ebay

SRI_82
24th July 2008, 10:01 PM
hey guys thanks 4 the heads up n comments.

oil catch can got from ebay which was around 70 bucks and fuel pressure regulator was arond 90 bucks from ebay.

i think illl do a dyno run with the fuse on when i finish installing all the mods and then do a 2nd run without the fuse

ill post up more pics and dyno run results as soon as i get them

mr corsa
26th July 2008, 08:34 AM
TBH i dont like yor pipe work its disgusting i would be asking for my money back on it

SRI_82
26th July 2008, 10:07 AM
pipes still not finished yet. just chucked them on for measurements

ASTRAY
26th July 2008, 08:11 PM
It is just me, or do those stock atw figures seem a little low?

I thought a stock standard TS should be about 120kW atw

I know there's always variables with each car... weather... dyno etc

I'm now curious to get mine dynoed again after I had the flash done

if you are refering to stock standard na astra, the 1.8 is apparently 92kw at the flywheel, and apparently around 70kw at the wheels.
dont get upset if im wrong, its just what ive read on the net.
i have the 1.8 (no mods) and was shocked at the 70kw, but to me my astra has enough power and im happy with it, but that doesnt mean i wouldnt like more from it.
love to see mine on a dyno to find out for sure, just to see if mine is one of those "freak cars".
ive read that the 2L turbos (@147kw) have alot more than the 2.2L na (@106kw) and id say my next car will be a 2L turbo.

CNBLU
26th July 2008, 10:36 PM
Me thinks Ben is talking about the TS Turbs;)

It should be between 110-120kw ATW Stock but hey its only numbers:p

ASTRAY
27th July 2008, 01:05 AM
Me thinks Ben is talking about the TS Turbs;)

It should be between 110-120kw ATW Stock but hey its only numbers:p
hey, id happily swap your numbers for my numbers anyday! :D

astrauturbo
27th July 2008, 03:30 AM
pulling out the fuse for the traction control-abs on normal road use has anyone tryed it ? any difference in accl or handling?

SRI_82
27th July 2008, 12:02 PM
hey guys this fuse 23, silly question but where is it located? n what colour is it.

ASTRAY
27th July 2008, 04:01 PM
hey guys this fuse 23, silly question but where is it located? n what colour is it.
on drivers side under light switch, your coin tray, open tray, undo the flat head style screws, 4 in total (turn 180 degrees i think) and the whole tray fitting comes out, behind it are your fuses.
hope i helped :D

glider
27th July 2008, 04:03 PM
they just turn 90 degrees, kinda annoying, especially if you had to replace a fuse and didn't have a screwdriver with you

ASTRAY
27th July 2008, 04:08 PM
i lied, the screws turn 90degrees, and first you have to squeeze both sides of the tray inwards and remove the tray before you can reach the bottom 2 screws.
fuse 23 is a red 10 amp fuse, closest to your driver door, just under a green 30amp fuse.

ASTRAY
27th July 2008, 04:09 PM
hehe, you beat me to correcting myself.
and if you lack a screwdriver, a bread and butter knife or a house key would be sufficient
also what do you mean no screwdriver? the astras come with a double ended screwy in the orange wheel jack bag, it has flat head on one side and phillips head on other side...
or did you lose yours?
or are you like so many people out there who borrow tools and dont put them back...
supercheap have a really cheap double ended screwy for 99c, buy a couple and chuck them in your glovey,
though with the insane laws cops come up with these days you can actually be fined for having a screwdriver in your car!

SRI_82
1st June 2010, 11:24 AM
Hi Guys,

Im back not that any1 cares but i been away for a few years and couldnt let the astra go. i came back and found it in a wreck. i rebuilding back up again due to lack of care and no1 starting it over long periods of time.

Just looking back on my post for all your assistance and great help i am going to need it again.

i need to remap/reflash my ecu it was done around 2 years ago and assume there are new and improved maps now.

also i will be selling a few parts soon when i can locate where they which have been sitting in storage past few yrs just a idea on wat parts i should still have ( standard SRI T turbo and manifold and brand standard front mount and fuel pressure reg and ......)

Wraith
1st June 2010, 09:14 PM
Holy heck :yikes: talk about blast from the past...where the hell you been ???

And what do you mean the car's in a wreck ??

SRI_82
2nd June 2010, 09:11 AM
i know it has been a long time. left the country for a bit on work and now back to finally give some attention 2 the astra.

well head gasket went and also a cyclinder blew out so not happy. Had 2 get all radiator and oil hoses/lines replaced and man that isnt cheap.

So in regards to this thread and put all the mods on and i didnt even get a chance to use the car cause had 2 leave the country. But i got awhole heap of spares i will be posting up soon hopefully and also got a few audi TT engine parts as well so keep a eye out.

Wraith
2nd June 2010, 01:16 PM
i know it has been a long time. left the country for a bit on work and now back to finally give some attention 2 the astra.

well head gasket went and also a cyclinder blew out so not happy. Had 2 get all radiator and oil hoses/lines replaced and man that isnt cheap.

So in regards to this thread and put all the mods on and i didnt even get a chance to use the car cause had 2 leave the country. But i got awhole heap of spares i will be posting up soon hopefully and also got a few audi TT engine parts as well so keep a eye out.

Interesting...the Audi engines are the same as used by VW - are they also compatible parts wise with the Opel engines ??

Good luck with the fix up and re-build :)