PDA

View Full Version : OpelAus in the media

journo
21st July 2004, 10:35 AM
People...

OpelAus' Qld cruise goers featured in this morning's Gatton Star in Queensland.

Donna is hosting a scan of the story (http://members.optusnet.com.au/c0mmy/donna/OA_article.JPG)

but if I got this thing right the scan should appear below.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/c0mmy/donna/OA_article.JPG

Mr T
21st July 2004, 10:40 AM
Thats good man, well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

journo
21st July 2004, 10:49 AM
The story has a photo to go with it... if it's not there look later when the link is updated.

Info on the publication...

Circulation -- 18,000 delivered each Wednesday
Readership -- 40,000
Coverage -- Lockyer Valley from the base of the Toowoomba Range (Withcott) in the West to just West of Ipswich (as far as Blacksoil) in the East, Esk/Toogoolawah in the North and South past Mulgowie.

Jass
21st July 2004, 10:51 AM
Ahh nice guys :) We just gotta get someone like Rice4's oops i mean hot4's to cover on of our cruise days.

:mrgreen:

Dee
21st July 2004, 10:54 AM
WOOHOO im in the paper :)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/c0mmy/donna/OA_article_names.JPG

Degen-Astra
21st July 2004, 11:00 AM
:mrgreen:
Nice Work people!!
8)

PaulTheBall
21st July 2004, 12:25 PM
Great Stuff :D

euro_stylin
21st July 2004, 12:40 PM
thats great guys and girls! :mrgreen:
but how did you get a story in the paper...someone got connections??

Dee
21st July 2004, 12:48 PM
believe it or not the guy that posted it (journo) is actually a journo :)

RK
21st July 2004, 12:51 PM
hahahaha

very nice! :D

dazza015
21st July 2004, 01:01 PM
Cool!

Nem
21st July 2004, 01:07 PM
Sweet!

krayzastra
21st July 2004, 01:09 PM
Great stuff, now i wonder how many more memebers it will attract? Great story though!!!

euro_stylin
21st July 2004, 01:58 PM
believe it or not the guy that posted it (journo) is actually a journo :)

haha oops i didnt even read his name :oops:

mr_astra_retired
21st July 2004, 04:17 PM
Wow thats just freakin unreal , you guys did a top job up there !! Well you guys and gals must be the first state to make the papers !! Great stuff :mrgreen:

Dee
21st July 2004, 04:20 PM
Wow thats just freakin unreal , you guys did a top job up there !! Well you guys and gals must be the first state to make the papers !! Great stuff :mrgreen:

yeah we can beat you southerners at something :)

Anonymous
21st July 2004, 04:38 PM
not to rain on ur parade :lol: but we have made it into press about 2 yrs ago but not on this scale :shock: ..... i think it was speed magazine,

it was one of those letters to the editor, some guy wanting to do mods to his astra, he was told to check the msn forum for ideas... so we were known back then....

but yeh good work QLD'ers... too bad u can't win origin :P :mrgreen:

Dee
21st July 2004, 04:40 PM
i was gonna say, i bet you didnt have a pic tho :D

dug74
21st July 2004, 05:18 PM
Damn....now i gotta get me a Gatton Star paper....hmmmm day off 2morrow...might have to go for a drive :roll:

Anonymous
21st July 2004, 05:24 PM
Crazy Stuff my Canadian Friends :D

As for Rice4's, Our Cars aren't Lebbo Enough :wink:
Disclaimer
No Racial Pun Intended

sunny
21st July 2004, 05:54 PM
well done in making into the papers 8)

Dregger
21st July 2004, 06:20 PM
Fantastic job Journo!!!!!

You've made us all proud! (and famous!)

DrDevil
21st July 2004, 06:54 PM
yay - my car is in the paper :D

Nem
21st July 2004, 06:58 PM
Lol anyone would have thought this was in the Courier Mail or something. :D It was only in the local Gatton rag but its still good to see. Gatton is in the sticks. :) (Bit like Darwin really :) )
http://users.bigpond.net.au/bmanfield/gatton.gif

InsaneAsylum
21st July 2004, 07:25 PM
Dug74 AKA chopper :mrgreen:

journo
21st July 2004, 07:29 PM
Hi Nem,

I don't mean to sound defensive, so if I do adjust the way you read this until I don't -- I am aiming to insert your foot in your mouth.

The Gatton (Lockyer and Brisbane Valley) Star is home delivered to 18000 residences roughly contained in the outline I drew on your map.

Coverage -- Lockyer Valley from the base of the Toowoomba Range (Withcott) in the West to just West of Ipswich (as far as Blacksoil) in the East, Esk/Toogoolawah in the North and South past Mulgowie.

Now then, with a readership of 40,000, more than 7000 of which live within that boundary but thought to work in Brisbane, Toowoomba or Ipswich, and knowing that less than 900 of each of the Queensland Times and the Toowoomba Chronicle, and not all that many more of the Courier Mail, are purchased inside that boundary... would you like to take back what you said and let those that attended the cruise enjoy their 15 minutes... I mean hey, those readers work in the city and talk to their friends there... and don't forget how many city dwellers work within the coverage area of the Star.

And before you say it, I do not give a flying F*** that you essentially said I work for a second rate and largely unread paper, because I know better and for your own info, the paper must have something going for it as we make roughly 10% of the APN bottom line each year out of a stable of more than 30 regional papers -- all of which are profitable.

Thats it from me.

Nem
21st July 2004, 08:28 PM
Hehe its all good! I think its great that we got mentioned in the paper and i dont feel as though my foot is anywhere near my mouth. I didnt mention it was second rate those assumptions have been your own. I in fact admired the fact that it appeared in the publication. Good to see you're so passionate about your paper and our club!
Merry Christmas :D

ultim8DTM5
21st July 2004, 08:32 PM
Hmm now us Sydneysiders have to top it :oops:

journo
21st July 2004, 08:40 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Lol anyone would have thought this was in the Courier Mail or something. :D It was only in the local Gatton rag but its still good to see. Gatton is in the sticks. :) (Bit like Darwin really :) )
http://users.bigpond.net.au/bmanfield/gatton.gif

I have underlined the words which are to the effect of second rate... Just for you Nem. 8) :twisted: 8)

Now then... I meant to post this earlier:
Those nine other (nice) Opel drivers I met on the cruise who want a copy of (only) the local Gatton rag feel free to send me their postal addresses so I can send them...

RK
21st July 2004, 11:22 PM
dude, youre gonna have a LOT of lumps of your head from all that head banging :P

Nem
22nd July 2004, 02:19 PM
lol I'm over it. :)

The Sentinel
22nd July 2004, 03:50 PM
It's great to get this in the media.
Hopefully it will help to dispel some of the (negative) myths the public make of car clubs. :idea:

Nem
22nd July 2004, 04:23 PM
I've got better things to be doing... 8)

Anonymous
22nd July 2004, 05:00 PM
guys keep it on topic otherwise i'll have to "clean" this thread up 8)

Its about "opelaus in the media", not a thread about "Nem got 0wned, and is now trying to make excuses" :bang: :lol:

angels666
28th July 2004, 09:05 PM
Those nine other (nice) Opel drivers I met on the cruise who want a copy of (only) the local Gatton rag feel free to send me their postal addresses so I can send them...

I got mine, thank you :)

dug74
28th July 2004, 09:06 PM
WOW...i got mine too... THANKS :mrgreen:

dug74
28th July 2004, 09:07 PM

Thats looks so much better than CG...your closer to the action....oh and crime ;)

The Sentinel
29th July 2004, 11:34 AM
Got mine yesterday too!!

Thanks journo!!

EDIT: Seeing as I am on holdays, I lost track of what day it was. I thought today was Wednesday... meaning I actually got mine on Tuesday!

Sorry Donna :-P

Dee
29th July 2004, 11:38 AM
ha ha i got mine the day b4 yesterday :P to you all :P