21st July 2008, 07:08 PM
shhhhhhhh im still acquiring it
7.6%, so dam slooooooooooooooooooow

glider
21st July 2008, 07:08 PM
lol this is a spoiler thread... dont read it til you've seen it then :p

poita
21st July 2008, 07:09 PM
i know clarkeson puts it around fuji, and the stig puts it around the top gear track.
any alfas in this episode?

glider
21st July 2008, 07:10 PM
i've only seen 20mins so far

not yet

Calibrated
21st July 2008, 07:32 PM
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala....

still downloading

glider
21st July 2008, 07:49 PM
that daihatsu has quite a gutsy roar for its size...

dieselhead
21st July 2008, 08:37 PM
I hate you Clarkson! Where do I find the money for a GTR now? How could I live my life without a GTR now? How? ;)

guy 27
21st July 2008, 08:56 PM
great episode.

poita
21st July 2008, 08:57 PM
26%....................

Vectracious
21st July 2008, 09:19 PM
Im at 74% but I've had to stop downloading as my wife want to look on facebook............................... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhh

poita
21st July 2008, 09:21 PM
29.1%, this is killing me

Dee
21st July 2008, 09:23 PM
16.8% for me - 2 hours and 21 minutes to go

edit: 31 minutes - dl'ing at over 300kb/s :D

dieselhead
21st July 2008, 10:14 PM
Guys do the following:
1. Download and install uTorrent
2. Go to you know where and, following the instructions you find in the forum, set up the RSS feed.
3. Leave your computer on with uTorrent lurking in the background. The computer will check every 15' if there's a new episode. If there is, it will start downloading so when you get home from work you can crack that beer and enjoy Clarkson's new antics :)
To give you an idea how well this works, I can tell you this morning I had 85% complete when leaving to the office at 8:15...

poita
21st July 2008, 10:16 PM
57.8% IM GOING INSANE!!!
thank goodness motogp is on, keeping my mind off it

Dee
21st July 2008, 10:23 PM
57.8% IM GOING INSANE!!!
thank goodness motogp is on, keeping my mind off it

haha 77.4% :p

Dee
21st July 2008, 10:40 PM
90.5% - 10 minutes remaining

d.c.
21st July 2008, 11:58 PM
Seriously guys get an easynews account!

Its only $10 a month for 20gig of download, you could even go halves with a mate if your tight.

All the latest tv, movies and music and all at speeds as fast as your internet connection will allow. I just go episode 5 in 12 mins and mine is not the best of connections.

GTR = awesome!

wishbone
22nd July 2008, 06:10 AM
where is this easy news?
the episode was great, GTR went like a dream.
yes, there was an alfa --> when they were talking about ugly cars :P
good episode, JC made me laugh when he was trying to outrun the hounds. the mrs watched with me unusually. she laughed as well.
but again, the highlight of the show was the stig with the GTR.

Wraith
22nd July 2008, 08:54 AM
Here you go guys....7th place on their track score board only 0.7sec behind the Enzo on not the best of tyres too !!! with the optimum tyre choice, the GT-R has the potential to whip even the Koenigsegg CCX...or maybe we'll just wait for the V-Spec to do that job :D

Best place to go for anything to do with the GT-R is the GT-R Blog !!!

Clarkson's reaction to this car clearly has him freaked out :D

I've never seen the old silly bugger whiplashed so badly :D good on you the GT-R, snap his neck LOL :D

Link:http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/07/20/top-gear-season-11-nissan-gt-r-on-the-to-1?blog=4#more545

daaaaavek
22nd July 2008, 08:58 AM
but again, the highlight of the show was the stig with the GTR.

.. or during the news segment, the girl standing behind hammond in the green dress. :D

d.c.
22nd July 2008, 10:49 AM
.. or during the news segment, the girl standing behind hammond in the green dress. :D

Haha, yeah there is often some highlights in the crowd.

On the top gear web site they actively encourage you to bring chicks for the crowd.
"We also ask that groups of people coming to the recordings have a 50/50 male/female split. This is so we don't end up with a bunch of ugly male car geeks ruining everyone's Sunday night."

Just google easynews for all info needed.

Just watched the GTR bit again and man does that thing sligshot out of the corners!

lithium
22nd July 2008, 12:45 PM
Clarkson's reaction to this car clearly has him freaked out :D

I've never seen the old silly bugger whiplashed so badly :D good on you the GT-R, snap his neck LOL :D

haha
Clarkson's a lot of fun to watch
doesn't know peanuts about cars though :D

amazing time around their track, i wasn't expecting it to get near a Carrera GT or an Enzo

xplosv57
22nd July 2008, 01:48 PM
".....you hopeless old fart, a Datsun broke your neck!!...." LOL!!!

Great episode, and the Top Gear episodes are always available on Youtube, and you don't have to wait hours to download...

dieselhead
22nd July 2008, 10:01 PM
STIG's Laps

1 Ascari A10 1.17.3
2 Koenigsegg CCX (with TG spoiler) 1.17.6
3 Pagani Zonda F 1.18.4
4 Maserati MC12 1.18.9
5 Ferrari Enzo 1.19.0
6 Ariel Atom 1.19.5

Nissan GTR 1.19.7

7 Lamborghini LP640 1.19.8
8 Porsche Carrera GT 1.19.8
9 Ascari KZ1 1.20.7
10 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 1.20.9

Pretty good company, ha? :D

gman
23rd July 2008, 01:52 PM
STIG's Laps

1 Ascari A10 1.17.3
2 Koenigsegg CCX (with TG spoiler) 1.17.6
3 Pagani Zonda F 1.18.4
4 Maserati MC12 1.18.9
5 Ferrari Enzo 1.19.0
6 Ariel Atom 1.19.5

Nissan GTR 1.19.7

7 Lamborghini LP640 1.19.8
8 Porsche Carrera GT 1.19.8
9 Ascari KZ1 1.20.7
10 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 1.20.9

Pretty good company, ha? :D

And i guarantee you thats its the easiest there to drive fast..

Put an average punter in an Ascari, Ariel Atom or Enzo and I would put money on it being:

a) a slower lap time than the GTR; and

b) there will be some panel work required after any attempt.

None of the cars that are faster are "easy" or "friendly" to drive, let alone drive fast...Thats the GTR's strongest trait. Its so ludicrously easy to drive VERY VERY FAST!!! I have a HK speeding ticket to prove it!!!! :( (Was still fun though)

glider
23rd July 2008, 04:36 PM
I have a HK speeding ticket to prove it!!!! :( (Was still fun though)

someone needs a Bill Oddie face mask...

dieselhead
23rd July 2008, 05:21 PM

I totally agree, GTR is the only feasible way to go fast! Everything that's faster cost at least 5 times more or is a bloody titanium skeleton with a huge engine strapped at the back (a.k.a. the Ariel Atom) :)
There's one more thing: TG's track is a bloody short one that favors powerful cars rather that ones that corner very well. The Ring in my mind is a much better indicator of how well a car drives. Incidentally, that's the place where Godzilla rules!

MitchSRi
23rd July 2008, 08:13 PM
A few notes:

+ LMFAO Vauxhall are the only company making nice cars anymore ... BRILLIANT!!!

+ I've a funny feeling the Daihatsu had the sound doctored on it.

+ I'm thinking people are talking up the GTR. Saying its got horrifically fast acceleration. But look at the specs. Surely a car with those specs cant have faster in gear acceleration than say an Ascari/Pagani/McLaren F1/Veyron/Merc SLR.

Jay Leno and Clarkson both think its staggeringly fast though, I think its being overhyped. I mean its only 500 odd hp, well off faster supercars.

Vectracious
23rd July 2008, 10:27 PM
+ I've a funny feeling the Daihatsu had the sound doctored on it.

I thought that too, but there is a blog from one of the directors/producers/some member of the crew on the top gear website saying that the sound you hear during the fox hunt is actually from the camera vehicle that was a Land Rover V8... not the Terios.....

MitchSRi
23rd July 2008, 10:34 PM
Ahhh that explains it! :) Land Rover V8's sound nasty :)

Specially the Sport model, sound sweeeeeeet :D

gman
I'm thinking people are talking up the GTR. Saying its got horrifically fast acceleration. But look at the specs. Surely a car with those specs cant have faster in gear acceleration than say an Ascari/Pagani/McLaren F1/Veyron/Merc SLR.

Jay Leno and Clarkson both think its staggeringly fast though, I think its being overhyped. I mean its only 500 odd hp, well off faster supercars.

I don't think it is over hyped....It is "only" 500hp but it uses it every HP very well...Compared to other "fast cars" I've driven it is very fast...

I've driven the R35 GTR, a Porsche 997 GT3RS, Ferrari F430 and been in a Lamborghini Gallardo and the GTR is as quick or quicker!!!

While the Pagani, Ascari, McLaren SLR, Veryon etc are certainly in another league, the GTR just uses the power it has so much better..just look at the comparison times for 0-100 and in gear acceleration...It is equal or better...

It is an amazing car to drive...

glider
yeah on review it probably isnt the terios, that gutsy roar is a bit too much for a 4 cylinder engine

Wraith
24th July 2008, 09:11 AM

Put an average punter in an Ascari, Ariel Atom or Enzo and I would put money on it being:

a) a slower lap time than the GTR; and

b) there will be some panel work required after any attempt.

None of the cars that are faster are "easy" or "friendly" to drive, let alone drive fast...Thats the GTR's strongest trait. Its so ludicrously easy to drive VERY VERY FAST!!! I have a HK speeding ticket to prove it!!!! :( (Was still fun though)

Good point gman and exactly what the GT-R was designed to do !!!

How could anyone not appreciate what this car has to offer :)

Once again well done Nissan :clap: or should that be Datsun LOL :D who cares, they (Datsun) are/were one of the earliest car manufacturers in the World, experience and knowledge is a beautiful thing ;)

All those knockers out there who cry about electronic this and electronic that, can't be driven like a real car and all that other BS really don't know what they're talking about when it comes to this car and as mentioned by dieselhead, have a look at the company it keeps regarding it's performance - now also consider that it is a base model variant, which costs a fraction as much and actually has more technology and even features than alot of those other supercars that cost up to and over 10 times as much !!!

And it's only the beginning, the hi-po V-Spec variant will come in and flick a few more of those supercars out of the way a place itself even higher ;)

poita
24th July 2008, 12:17 PM

which one?

http://i36.tinypic.com/2crvukh.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2a6m3cw.jpg

Vectracious
24th July 2008, 01:05 PM
the second one

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7475/topgearkk7.png

http://pic.phyrefile.com/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/21/TG-girl04_crop.jpg

Wouldn't you want to motorboat those eh..... you motorboatin son of a bitch..... I reckon they are built for speed... :D :D

gman
24th July 2008, 03:19 PM
Almost guarantee they are pushed up "false advertising"...Still....

And is it just me of is Hamster looking a little "rough around the edges" lately???Hard nights out or overworked by the BBC??

BTW, its a green top, not a green dress..But hey, who was really paying attention... :)

Vectracious
24th July 2008, 03:23 PM
And is it just me of is Hamster looking a little "rough around the edges" lately???Hard nights out or overworked by the BBC??

Hamster is looking very rough - especially after the accident - of course, he's prob just getting old...

Wraith
24th July 2008, 03:49 PM
Hamster is looking very rough - especially after the accident - of course, he's prob just getting old...

They're all getting older and letting the growth on their heads get a bit out of control too, especially James - it seems like it's back to the hippy long hair days there in the U.K. LOL...

Vectracious
24th July 2008, 03:54 PM
They're all getting older and letting the growth on their heads get a bit out of control too, especially James - it seems like it's back to the hippy long hair days there in the U.K. LOL...

hahaha, but JC looks the same though - I guess as he was already old when it started you dont notice much difference....

how funny was the GT-R straining his neck.... :D

Wraith
24th July 2008, 03:57 PM
hahaha, but JC looks the same though - I guess as he was already old when it started you dont notice much difference....

how funny was the GT-R straining his neck.... :D

Funny thing is, as I found out not long ago, he ain't that old - 48 !

So he would've been only 40 or so ?? when the show started...

But yeh, he looks alot older, poor bugger.

The GT-R wringing his neck was funny :)

gman
24th July 2008, 04:25 PM
Funny thing is, as I found out not long ago, he ain't that old - 48 !

To use an automotive idiom...

"Its not the age, its the miles on the tyres!!!!"

I am sure there are some serious hard miles on those tyres and chassis!!!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/aussiegman/Bald_tire.jpg

Vectracious
24th July 2008, 04:27 PM
To use an automotive idiom...

"Its not the age, its the miles on the tyres!!!!"

I am sure there are some serious hard miles on those tyres and chassis!!!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/aussiegman/Bald_tire.jpg

Is that a VT-VY Commodore???? :p :D