PDA

View Full Version : 11.555 second electric datto 1200

poita
20th July 2008, 04:07 PM
Thats right, a guy in the states has built a datto 1200 will an electric motor in it.
Runs a 11.555 down the 1/4 mile.
Pretty damn impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cf89tawZX8

dieselhead
20th July 2008, 04:37 PM
V8 T-Rex, you are soooo dead! ;)

glider
20th July 2008, 06:12 PM
thats so freaking cool.... who says our cars will be redundant in 10 years? do this with them :p

SSS_Hoon
20th July 2008, 07:13 PM
elec cars will always be faster then petrol powered cars (wel not always but you know what i mean in general they will be)

Is fairly sweet though..

Tesla for me thanx....Next to my redundant Koniseigg

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
21st July 2008, 08:51 AM
elec cars will always be faster then petrol powered cars (wel not always but you know what i mean in general they will be)

Is fairly sweet though..

Tesla for me thanx....Next to my redundant Koniseigg

SSS_Hoon

Correct !

I did mention a similar thing on the other thread about future power sources...

The main point that's important to keep in mind about electric motors, is that they put out or generate their total torque output immediately, ie: 100% torque from 0 rpm !!! and it's possible to achieve up to 85% efficiency with todays technology, compared with less than 10% for the best of the fuel powered internal combustion engines.

They also sound good too, I mean different but good...

Not the same as an internal combustion engine, but their own unique whine :)

JohnBu
21st July 2008, 02:22 PM
Correct !

I did mention a similar thing on the other thread about future power sources...

The main point that's important to keep in mind about electric motors, is that they put out or generate their total torque output immediately, ie: 100% torque from 0 rpm !!! and it's possible to achieve up to 85% efficiency with todays technology, compared with less than 10% for the best of the fuel powered internal combustion engines.

They also sound good too, I mean different but good...

Not the same as an internal combustion engine, but their own unique whine :)

never heard of one, but can imagine its between what you hear in the Jetsons and a supercharged mini cooper S.

gman
21st July 2008, 02:45 PM
There are now lots of companies that are converting petrol cars to electric in California. Australia really should be doing this too and its really isn't that hard these days....

Saw a Discovery Channel show called "Gadgets Electric Garage" where they convert an old '67 Camaro for Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

British Racing Green, and it looked and seemed to go really well..

Nice smokey burn out at the end.... ;)

Wraith
22nd July 2008, 09:23 AM
never heard of one, but can imagine its between what you hear in the Jetsons and a supercharged mini cooper S.

I viewed a doco on that U.S electric supercar (can't remember the name now doh) that all the hollywood rich greenies are buying, a little while ago and was surprised at the sound it puts out - kind of like a sci-fi movie amped force field noise LOL...

It's also a top performer capable of 0-100km/h in 4.0sec flat...and looks pretty good too :)

Only downside is it's cost, but if they became mainstream, the cost would drop dramatically.

SSS_Hoon
22nd July 2008, 09:55 AM
Tesla roadster i think it was.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

If your thinking about the same one i am.

SSS_Hoon

glider
22nd July 2008, 06:11 PM
that telsa roadster is dam impressive