Ok so the Barina was second last, but who is surprised?:clap:

I'm over reading about how bad these cars are

Calibrated
9th July 2008, 08:44 AM
catch a wakeup holden.
what a suprise... NOT.

Wraith
9th July 2008, 08:45 AM
Yep, heard about this all over the air waves on Monday...not good for the GMH Daewoo bridgade !!!

Epica = easy peasy to break into LOL...don't they realise it dosn't matter, it's such a POS no one will want to steal it :D

GreyRex
9th July 2008, 09:01 AM
Is all this constant negative publicity about these cars something they're worried about?

Apparently not, if you believe the PR stuff currently being spun:

Despite dominant opposition from Toyota, Holden Executive Director Sales, Marketing and After Sales, Alan Batey, says the local hero brand could sell more small cars -- if they could get them.

"I think we've been around long enough to know that things change... Things turn. We're actually very pleased with where we are -- we've got a lot of activity now in the second half of the year, so I think you're going to see us come back somewhat.

"Yes, no question [we have bigger aims]. We've always been very honest to say that in buying GM Daewoo, the number one objective was to get the company back up??, get the volumes [back up], so it was always planned that way.

Calibrated
9th July 2008, 09:13 AM
Is all this constant negative publicity about these cars something they're worried about?

Despite dominant opposition from Toyota, Holden Executive Director Sales, Marketing and After Sales, Alan Batey, says the local hero brand could sell more small cars -- if they could get them.

"I think we've been around long enough to know that things change... Things turn. We're actually very pleased with where we are -- we've got a lot of activity now in the second half of the year, so I think you're going to see us come back somewhat.

"Yes, no question [we have bigger aims]. We've always been very honest to say that in buying GM Daewoo, the number one objective was to get the company back up??, get the volumes [back up], so it was always planned that way.

in other words.

we are cheap asses. we will sell you cheap nasty shit. because we are too stupid to realise the blatant quality difference between our Euro and Korean cars.

Vectracious
9th July 2008, 09:49 AM
Who'd want to steal them anyway... ;)

daiflu
9th July 2008, 10:20 AM
You would have to find an Epica first :dance:

Oz
9th July 2008, 03:53 PM
I really do hope those boffins deep in Holdens executive & planning offices are feeling a bit embarrassed about this.

Yet again the mass market & media have once again shown that the Korean cars Holden so lovingly sells & promotes have been proven AGAIN to be nothing more than tin cans in every sense of the words.

I'll say it again, Holden, the Korean Australian car company.

Wraith
9th July 2008, 08:32 PM

Apparently not

I think obviously not !

As per other thread, GMH are going to extend Daewoos across the entire range bar the Commodore...

Hell they may even have plans to replace the Commodore with a Daewoo - The Epica's bigger brother will do just fine LOL...

Wraith
9th July 2008, 08:34 PM
Who'd want to steal them anyway... ;)

LOL Agree

That's what I said in my 1st post :)

No need to worry about top notch security for a piece of shit that no one would want to steal...

Vectracious
9th July 2008, 11:21 PM
I'll play devil's advocate here.... maybe the new Korean stuff isn't as bad as everyone thinks... I mean, the Captiva is OK - obviously good enough for Opel Europe to badge it as an Opel and sell it there????

Wraith
10th July 2008, 09:40 AM
I'll play devil's advocate here.... maybe the new Korean stuff isn't as bad as everyone thinks... I mean, the Captiva is OK - obviously good enough for Opel Europe to badge it as an Opel and sell it there????

Nope...

It's all part of GM Global's master plan to replace the more expensive Opels with cheaper and therefore higher profit Daewoo's across the World !!!

dug74
13th July 2008, 11:57 PM

The captiva in Europe was designed by Daewoo...but is actually made in Europe....so it doesnt really count.

As per Korean....why do other manufacturers like Kia and Hyundai start to make some quality cars....Holden has no excuse here.

I think you might find the astra gone soon as well...sad to say folks...but it looks like Holden want a cheap and nasty Korean lineup of cars.

Happy Motoring
duglet

USC
14th July 2008, 12:13 AM

+1

u never know, opel might design cars (astra..etc)and daewoo will build them...

Shaun
15th July 2008, 07:20 PM

in other words.

we are cheap asses. we will sell you cheap nasty shit. because we are too stupid to realise the blatant quality difference between our Euro and Korean cars.

I think you will all find that GMH is responsable for GMDAT now. Meaning that Holden will have a rather large say in the direction that GMDAT will head. Meaning that Quality will improve. What everyone needs to remember is that 8 years ago Hyundai were seen as " Cheap and Nasty " Today Hyundai's cars are much better then they were 8 years ago. (As too with Holden Ford and Toyotas Products built here)
Its going to take some time for GM to turn GMDAT around. its not something you can walking in and do over night. GM have a plan and it takes time.

Shaun
15th July 2008, 07:23 PM

+1.....About time someone here stopped bashing them and spoke some sense.......Ive only being sayiing this for the last two years. haha

Give it time and there standards will come up. What everyone seems to forget is the Barina is a face lift of the kalos. And the Viva is the next gen lanos. The car was well under design before GM stepped in and took over. The next model of the Barina Epica and the Viva will improve .