PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' my Vectra

cdxi
3rd July 2008, 04:20 PM
Driving along at a steady 110kmh, I looked across at the trip computer which said I still had 635km left in the tank. Not bad after already putting just over 200km behind me.

Was I in some direct injected, variably timed, particulate filtered turbocharged diesel miser?

Nope

I was in my twin-cam-per-bank, 24v injected 3.2l V6 Vectra. Not only was I scoring outstanding economy, but I had 6 ‘bags surrounding me, along with ABS, TC, CBC, EBA, EBD and ESP+ to keep me actively and passively safe.

Plus, I had a climate controlled environment and a nicely toasted backside from the heated leather seats. I was travelling in style and LOVING my Vectra!

Apart from the amazing highway consumption, I logged a total of 310km on the round trip to Harvey from Perth in a mix of s-l-o-w freeway traffic, 2nd and 3rd gear stints through road works and some swift (up to 140kmh) overtaking to finish with an average of 8l/100km.

btm
3rd July 2008, 05:01 PM
how big is the vecci tank?

and which vecci is this?

Tfer
3rd July 2008, 05:07 PM
Driving along at a steady 110kmh, I looked across at the trip computer which said I still had 635km left in the tank. Not bad after already putting just over 200km behind me.

Was I in some direct injected, variably timed, particulate filtered turbocharged diesel miser?

Nope

I was in my twin-cam-per-bank, 24v injected 3.2l V6 Vectra. Not only was I scoring outstanding economy, but I had 6 ‘bags surrounding me, along with ABS, TC, CBC, EBA, EBD and ESP+ to keep me actively and passively safe.

Plus, I had a climate controlled environment and a nicely toasted backside from the heated leather seats. I was travelling in style and LOVING my Vectra!

Apart from the amazing highway consumption, I logged a total of 310km on the round trip to Harvey from Perth in a mix of s-l-o-w freeway traffic, 2nd and 3rd gear stints through road works and some swift (up to 000kmh) overtaking to finish with an average of 8l/100km.

Yep, you gotta love the Veccy C.... and great economy from your Veccy too! :cool:

I think the best I can manage now (incorporating city and highway running) is 9.6l/100km, although my old CDXi has 173,000km on the odo, and has been driven "hard" since I have had her.

Kudos to you mate.... and totally agree with your sentiments :cool:

how big is the vecci tank?

and which vecci is this?

60 litre tank.... Veccy C CDXi (the best one, but I am biased) ;)

USC
4th July 2008, 12:06 AM
pretty smooth cars..pity that Holden does not sell them anymore. Opel also dropped the vectra for the insignia.

Tigra
4th July 2008, 12:41 AM
Sounds like good fuel consumption, at times my Tigra also displays a high km count, but as soon as I hit the local roads, its all over.

Tfer
4th July 2008, 11:17 AM
pretty smooth cars..pity that Holden does not sell them anymore. Opel also dropped the vectra for the insignia.

Yeah it is a pity, and a pity we did not get the Veccy D (OPC) with the 2.8l V6 twin scroll turbo..... ah well, them's the breaks.

Sounds like good fuel consumption, at times my Tigra also displays a high km count, but as soon as I hit the local roads, its all over.

Its not just good, its great! A Veccy C CDXi is basically 1.5 tonne and 3.2l V6.... she's a big heavy biatch of a car.... the usual average I get is around 10.2 - 11l/100km.....