29th June 2008, 07:42 PM
just add a little more boost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VQivaKVrU

poita
29th June 2008, 07:44 PM
wow impressive

Apex
30th June 2008, 08:09 AM
I have a feeling this car may have had a few other things prepared to run a time like that, can’t see it buy im guessing it has had as much weight striped as possible and im guessing its running slicks.

Impressive none the less.

I remember seeing a mates Evolution II do a 11.6 back in the day with minimal mods and weight reduction, his clutch only lasted three runs though.

blueraven
30th June 2008, 10:14 AM
a new sti ran a low 10 a few months ago...but it had a fair amount of mods.

btm
30th June 2008, 12:06 PM
timed yours yet? :p

Wraith
30th June 2008, 03:04 PM
Known about this one for a while from the Evo 10 forums :)

Yes a little more than just a boost hike, but still far easier achieved than any previous Evo model :)

The new Evo 10 Mivec can produce well over 300kw and 560nm with simple mods, retaining stock turbo, injectors, fuel pump and not messing with any engine internals at all !!! and some with that state of tune are running 11's - very impressive, the new Sti is similar...

Can't go wrong with either one, just pick which you prefer :)

Apex
30th June 2008, 03:09 PM
Known about this one for a while from the Evo 10 forums :)

Yes a little more than just a boost hike, but still far easier achieved than any previous Evo model :)

The new Evo 10 Mivec can produce well over 300kw and 560nm with simple mods, retaining stock turbo, injectors, fuel pump and not messing with any engine internals at all !!! and some with that state of tune are running 11's - very impressive, the new Sti is similar...

Can't go wrong with either one, just pick which you prefer :)

Yea but how long will it last and what would your dealer say when it blows up?

Wraith
30th June 2008, 03:23 PM
Yea but how long will it last and what would your dealer say when it blows up?

1. How long it will last = who knows ??? we'll have to wait n see when one of these modded ones finally lets go, mechanically speaking ie...
I do know the new MIVEC engine in Evo spec. is one piece of beautifully engineered engine that's been built tough enough for big power expansion, how much expansion is unknown...

2. Warranty is obviously 'shot' - I'm sure the owner of this 10sec Evo won't go crying to the dealer if it suffers a catastrophic engine/driveline failure...

Apex
30th June 2008, 03:29 PM
1. How long it will last = who knows ??? we'll have to wait n see when one of these modded ones finally lets go, mechanically speaking ie...
I do know the new MIVEC engine in Evo spec. is one piece of beautifully engineered engine that's been built tough enough for big power expansion, how much expansion is unknown...

2. Warranty is obviously 'shot' - I'm sure the owner of this 10sec Evo won't go crying to the dealer if it suffers a catastrophic engine/driveline failure...

Seems stupid to me, can you imagine how much parts would be on one of these? I would sooner a built proof car that’s faster and covered by the factory warranty.

Do you guys have the Rally Art upgrades at your dealerships?

Wraith
30th June 2008, 03:40 PM
Seems stupid to me, can you imagine how much parts would be on one of these? I would sooner a built proof car that’s faster and covered by the factory warranty.

:confused:

I assume your talking about that 10sec Evo, so it'd be pretty hard to find a 'faster' car than that - that's factory released !!!

As for modding, that's something most enthusiasts do !!!

To what extent or how much is each to his own...

Ralliart upgrades for the new Lancer will be available when the type goes on sale, these will mainly be body cosmetic rather than power upgrade parts though...

blueraven
30th June 2008, 03:46 PM
little known fact is that the new sti has variable valve timing on the exhaust side... just like vvti/mivec/v-tech-yo.

EL BURITO
30th June 2008, 04:31 PM
There are some available for the turbo Colts so I guess it would be the same for the EVO X

Wraith: TTEETT is referring to dealer backed performance upgrades

blueraven
30th June 2008, 04:42 PM
The higher spec FQ versions have warranty, but the regiment of servicing etc that the dealers insist you follow to maintain the warranty costs an absolute bomb.

Wraith
30th June 2008, 04:42 PM
Wraith: TTEETT is referring to dealer backed performance upgrades

I see...

Still, not much you could buy 'new' for the money that's faster/quicker...especially if you consider the upcoming Ralliart variant :)