PDA

View Full Version : Cars for under $30k

CNBLU
28th June 2008, 10:01 AM
Hey Guys,

My Girlfreind just got a new job and one of the many perks is that she gets to choose a company car, which they will lease, the only catch is that it needs to be uner $30k and auto.

Any ideas?

The lady in the previous position, which she is replacing, has a Ford Focus ZTec.

glider
28th June 2008, 10:06 AM
not a mazda 3

old man ordered one as company car, its gotta come in on the boat

not sure i would recommend an AH with the model probably getting replaced next year but if thats a consideration, what about a diesel auto? Yes they're 30,490 but im sure they could be talked below 30k

for the top of the line corolla in automatic (with HID Xenons, etc) you're looking at 31500, but thats too high, the next model down is 27500

if you look at hyundais the i30 doesnt seem too bad, can get the top one for about 28490 (in auto)

GreyRex
28th June 2008, 10:36 AM
Please NOT a Corolla:p

Black Nugget
28th June 2008, 11:58 AM
e36 m3 SMG:D

nah ....probably a sp23 or loaded jazz or somethin

imay
28th June 2008, 12:30 PM
if you look at hyundais the i30 doesnt seem too bad, can get the top one for about 28490 (in auto)

i30 are getting very good reviews. Poor man's BMW 1 Series. Diesel is getting most of the accolades. Well equipped, too!

CNBLU
28th June 2008, 12:39 PM
Forgot to mention it must be new or a demonstrator;)

maloo97
28th June 2008, 02:46 PM
Would have to be the I30

rjastra
28th June 2008, 05:00 PM
How big a car does she want?

If she wants something slightly bigger and gutsier then maybe a 2009 Hyundai Sonata (2.4l + 5 speed auto) could be had (with fleet deal) for just under $30K

A base model 6 speed auto Modeo is 30K.

USC
28th June 2008, 07:12 PM
e36 m3 SMG:D

nah ....probably a sp23 or loaded jazz or somethin

I dont think you can get a brand new sp23 Auto for under $30K...but you could get a sports max auto. mazda 3 turbo diesel (110kw, 360nm)?

How about a honda civic vti or vti-L auto (sport would be more than 30K)?

ford focus auto is ok too.

Lancer auto?
Peugeot 306 auto?
Golf 1.6 auto?
Astra cdx or diesel auto?

corolla conquest auto:p

Red AH SRI T
28th June 2008, 07:13 PM
Why not go for the newly updated CDX Astra hatch, with standard leather and ESP?

Dee
28th June 2008, 07:22 PM
here's a few more options...
http://www.carpoint.com.au/new-cars/search.aspx?N=281%20414&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=CarAll&Ntt=auto&Dx=mode+matchany&D=auto

DaveM
28th June 2008, 07:40 PM
dont forget that if the business is paying for it, then they will claiming back the gst component, so that gives u another 10% to play with.. ie 30k ex GST

EL BURITO
28th June 2008, 08:53 PM
Auto requirement is ghay it takes out all the good little cars.

Be different get a Fiat 500 with the durologic(auto) that comes is at under 30 and is a rather quirky option

Tigra
28th June 2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/jeep_patriot.jpg

Jeep Patriot - Currently 29,990 Drive Away!!!

Drove one a few weeks back and drives better then a Nissan X-Trail.

littlered
28th June 2008, 08:55 PM
Why not go for the newly updated CDX Astra hatch, with standard leather and ESP?

just bought an brand new cdx auto wagon for the wife with 12 months rego and a few accessories for $29K..... she is very happy... loves the leather seats

btm
30th June 2008, 12:21 PM

that's not bad!

Tigra
30th June 2008, 01:36 PM
that's not bad!

Its very nice to drive, I was keen on getting one, but want to keep the Tigra as long as I can.

USC
30th June 2008, 01:57 PM
looks nice....engine has same power as nissan xtrail.
price is pretty good too! how well do these things age??

Tigra
30th June 2008, 02:00 PM
looks nice....engine has same power as nissan xtrail.
price is pretty good too! how well do these things age??

You'd have to look up some reviews on the internet to get more of an idea of what its like.

glider
30th June 2008, 02:10 PM
one other thing to consider - is this going to be city driving? if so, is a SUV really suitable?

InsaneAsylum
30th June 2008, 02:11 PM
wow, didn't know that jeep patriot existed... it's hot

and turbo diesel 6 speed! excellent!

*looks up jeep dealership*

JohnBu
30th June 2008, 02:14 PM
As petrol isn't a concern, who says it needs to be a small car.

for 30k, the just superseded Honda Accord Euro.

They are on special- retail for $30k drive away in manual, i'm sure u can get them down to $30k for an auto drive away.

Far superior vehicle than whats been

Ice
30th June 2008, 02:15 PM
Polo TDi i know someone at volksy Lan!

Wraith
30th June 2008, 02:55 PM

They are on special- retail for $30k drive away in manual, i'm sure u can get them down to $30k for an auto drive away.

Damn, if you can get a new (just sepeseded model) Honda Accord Euro with auto for 30k - that is the best choice mentioned so far !!!

My choice otherwise would be a new Mitsubishi Lancer VRX auto in white...awesome looking car :)

xplosv57
30th June 2008, 03:07 PM
Peugeot 308, only cos i remember she said she wanted one....

btm
30th June 2008, 03:14 PM

do that for sure if you can!

Ice
1st July 2008, 01:56 PM
I to agree, a very good car for your money.

Red AH SRI T
3rd July 2008, 09:09 AM

Not bad, if you can handle the cheap chinese knock off tupperware style interior.

USC
3rd July 2008, 10:41 AM
Peugeot 308, only cos i remember she said she wanted one....

yeh! get the 1.6 Turbo.

CNBLU
3rd July 2008, 10:56 AM
yeh! get the 1.6 Turbo.

does that come in auto?

also been looking at the euro and it wins hands down, just have to see if i can get it for 30k drivewaway.;)

Ice
3rd July 2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.peugeot.com.au/peugeot/au/clientdocs/asp/specification_database/pricing_spec.asp

go here lan and compare the models.

the xse turbo is a little to much i would think.

Tfer
3rd July 2008, 05:23 PM

Damn, if you can get a new (just sepeseded model) Honda Accord Euro with auto for 30k - that is the best choice mentioned so far !!!

My choice otherwise would be a new Mitsubishi Lancer VRX auto in white...awesome looking car :)

The just released Honda Accord Euro is $29,990 drive away.... possibly cheaper with fleet discount..... this would be my choice.

rjastra
4th July 2008, 08:04 AM
The just released Honda Accord Euro is $29,990 drive away.... possibly cheaper with fleet discount..... this would be my choice.

Just released? Don't think so. I think you are thinking of the yank Accord version.

The new accord EURO is from $32990 + ORC. Auto is $34990 +ORC.

JohnBu
4th July 2008, 09:54 AM
for sure you'll be about to get the 07 euro auto for $30k driveaway.

retail is $30k driveaway for the manual (on special for about a month or so), so i'm assuming the retail driveaway price of the auto is $32k.

if you can't knock off $2k off the retail price of a car for a private car, i've got some cheap swamp land for sale.

Red AH SRI T
4th July 2008, 10:00 AM
I think you two are getting Mixed up.

John is talking about the OLD shape Euro, where as rhastra is thinking of the newly released new shape 08

Tfer
4th July 2008, 11:03 AM
Just released? Don't think so. I think you are thinking of the yank Accord version.

The new accord EURO is from $32990 + ORC. Auto is $34990 +ORC.

Ummm.... wrong.

Driving along on Wednesday with Deighty, and drove past a billboard which stated $29,990 drive away, and yes it was the NEW Accord EURO, NOT the other one, and NOT the superseded Euro. Pretty clear in my head which Accord they were referring to.

At the time I thought the price was too low, and actually made me think what is missing from the new Euro (apparently, in relation to the old one, nothing).

So, yes, new Euro $29,990.... I know the differences between the 3 mentioned here (new Euro, old Euro, new Yank Accord).

GreyRex
4th July 2008, 11:17 AM
Not trying to dispute, but just saw this:) :

http://euro.honda.com.au/

http://euro.honda.com.au/range-pricing.aspx

Tfer
4th July 2008, 11:21 AM
Not trying to dispute, but just saw this:) :

http://euro.honda.com.au/

http://euro.honda.com.au/range-pricing.aspx

Well if I was to buy one, I am glad I saw the billboard and therefore would save myself a quite a few dollars..... how funny, we assume the correct information is from the source that starts with http:// and not the fact that there may be other correct information out there, from another source, but gives you a better outcome.

EL BURITO
4th July 2008, 11:32 AM
2007 Accord runout.
From $29,990 Driveaway.
Limited Stock available.
Be quick to avoid disappointment. (http://www.courtneyandpatterson.com.au/hondaSpecials.htm)

Tfer
4th July 2008, 11:39 AM
2007 Accord runout.
From $29,990 Driveaway.
Limited Stock available.
Be quick to avoid disappointment. (http://www.courtneyandpatterson.com.au/hondaSpecials.htm)

Laurie.... if this is directed at me, then say so. What's with the bolding? (thought I should follow your lead here).

If not, and if I was in the market for an Accord Euro, I would go to the dealer (from the billboard) and buy a new 2008 Accord Euro (new model)for the same price as the 2007 Accord Euro (runout).

Gee whiz... perhaps I shall keep my comments and observations to myself in future.

rjastra
4th July 2008, 12:14 PM
Ummm.... wrong.

Driving along on Wednesday with Deighty, and drove past a billboard which stated $29,990 drive away, and yes it was the NEW Accord EURO, NOT the other one, and NOT the superseded Euro. Pretty clear in my head which Accord they were referring to.

Perhaps you should get a pic of said billboard. ;)

Why would Honda reduce the price of their just released (in the last week or so) Accord euro by over $5000-6000?

EL BURITO
4th July 2008, 12:22 PM
Laurie.... if this is directed at me, then say so. What's with the bolding? (thought I should follow your lead here).

If not, and if I was in the market for an Accord Euro, I would go to the dealer (from the billboard) and buy a new 2008 Accord Euro (new model)for the same price as the 2007 Accord Euro (runout).

Gee whiz... perhaps I shall keep my comments and observations to myself in future.
not directed at any one at all

sorry if it came off that way.

I found it, It was a Melbourne dealer

thought it might have been helpful

Tfer
4th July 2008, 12:23 PM
Perhaps you should get a pic of said billboard. ;)

Why would Honda reduce the price of their just released (in the last week or so) Accord euro by over $5000-6000?

Nah, can't actually be bothered, as I am not interested in:

Proving myself here
Purchasing an Accord EuroAs to why the dealer would do this:

I have no experience in car marketing
I have no experience in car sale profits
I have no experience in the workings of the car sale industryBut they must have a reason.

Anyway, I know what I saw, and that's good enough for me.

Gavin ... good luck with the purchase decisions ;)

Tfer
4th July 2008, 12:30 PM
not directed at any one at all

sorry if it came off that way.

I found it, It was a Melbourne dealer

thought it might have been helpful

No worries Laurie.... I should have known better :)