PDA

View Full Version : Ummm... what is that rubbery squeaky sound?

BEK-46P
25th June 2008, 09:47 PM
Just noticed a very peculiar rubbery squeaky sound in the "back" of my AH whilst driving to the gym tonight. After a little inspection, I'm assuming it could be the new springs I installed a few weeks ago, but I really have no idea. Any thoughts?

chrissn89
25th June 2008, 09:59 PM
Hey i think the sound your hearing is a known fault. do a few searches, there should be heaps of info

Have a look at the thread below that should get you started.

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15345&page=3

Dowie
25th June 2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah if i remember correctly this has been covered before :angel:

USC
25th June 2008, 11:19 PM
yes..new bushes...

BEK-46P
26th June 2008, 12:16 AM
What the hell are bushes? If it's the suspension, will my dealer still cover it even though they're new springs?

SKM_87
26th June 2008, 08:50 AM
they are round rubbery thing in your suspension arms to isolate road noise. if not greased properly the squeak. common fault.

GreyRex
26th June 2008, 08:54 AM
Just noticed a very peculiar rubbery squeaky sound in the "back" of my AH whilst driving to the gym tonight. After a little inspection, I'm assuming it could be the new springs I installed a few weeks ago, but I really have no idea. Any thoughts?

Nearly every AH owner has this problem to some degree.

It's meant to be fixed under warranty, and there is a Service Bulletin regarding it

Mine only really makes the noise when its very cold first thing in the morning, or going up a steep driveway... where the suspension is moving greatly (this is after the fix... it did improve it)

SSS_Hoon
26th June 2008, 10:12 AM
i didnt even read what you wrote as i wanted to reply without reading it and only reading the title.

My guess is there is not enough Lube and the franga is making friction as your not good (hot) enough to cause her to get wet.

Hope it helps.

Yeah i in a wierd mood this morning oh well you get that sometimes dont you.

SSS_Hoon

OPC
26th June 2008, 12:49 PM
yes..new bushes...

oh i love bush

BEK-46P
26th June 2008, 07:46 PM
Like I mentioned, I installed some new springs - will my dealer refuse to cover it?

sooty
26th June 2008, 07:54 PM
Like I mentioned, I installed some new springs - will my dealer refuse to cover it?

They should still look after you. :) Just tell them you had the issue before you installed the springs as well...

BEK-46P
26th June 2008, 07:59 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. Booked it in for a service next Friday. Fingers crossed they won't refuse to service it cos of the new springs. Might also get a wash at the same time. You DO know my dealer gave me free car washes for the life of the car??? Except no Armour all and no chamios dry, but still... :D

SKM_87
27th June 2008, 08:50 AM
at worst they wont refuse, they'll just take a kidney. most do free washes, its a cover that if your car is clean when you get it back you automaticly think they have done a really good job