PDA

View Full Version : Astra bertona

chrissn89
24th June 2008, 10:12 PM
Hey was there ever a astra turbo g hatch Bertona edition :confused: (not sure on the spellling but u all know what i mean) in Australia or anywhere in fact, silly question but just wanted to know.

And yes for all you smart folk out the i know about the convertable bertona.
Also what extras did the bertona ones have???

poita
24th June 2008, 10:14 PM
Bertone is the tuning factory that designed the convertables

Ang will be able to clear it up.
im sure there was a thread about this the other week

chrissn89
24th June 2008, 10:18 PM
Bertone is the tuning factory that designed the convertables

Ang will be able to clear it up.
im sure there was a thread about this the other week

Cheers for the fast reply. I didnt even think to try searching silly me, i just through no one else would have asked. ill do a few searches

R3N
24th June 2008, 10:20 PM
Bertone is the design house, afaik all they did was the interior for the verts

chrissn89
24th June 2008, 10:27 PM
Bertone is the design house, afaik all they did was the interior for the verts

Oh ok well that clears that up then, there would be no need for a Bertone astra hatch lol. Im defently thinking about getting a turbo g hatch at the end of the year and i didnt wanna miss out having the option of getting a special or limited edition model. I like to have the bestest or most special model.

Cheers for all the quick answers

rjastra
24th June 2008, 10:38 PM
The was an Astra Coupe designed and partially built by bertone (google is a fabbo thing ;))

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sh/carndriv/20080116/15/1367833572.jpg

Wraith
25th June 2008, 08:38 AM
Bertone was involved with the design/styling of the Astra G coupe and convertible, as far as I know they did pretty much the whole of the exterior top end of the vert and only the rear quarters of the interior, the rest is the same as the other models done by Opel :)

imay
25th June 2008, 08:52 AM
From memory the only "special edition" hatches that have been available here in Oz during the Astra TS run was the 2000 Olympic edition and maybe the various Equip (factory fitted options at reduced prices to stimulate sales and clear old stock) models that came at the end of the model year.

The TS Convertible has had the limited run China Blue with beige leather (the only "exclusive" fittings) and the Linea Rossa, which had the distinctive red exterior and red and black leather (still the same mechanically as all the others though). The TS Turbo Convertible was also offered for a limited run (200-300 only?) alongside the SRiT hatch.

Holden haven't had the need for a "special edition" because the TS Astra continued to sell well, even alongside the AH when it was first released.

Wraith
25th June 2008, 09:06 AM
That's actually a very good point Ian, ie: that the TS vert and a couple of other TS models were being sold side by side with the new AH model...the TS vert was 'relunctantly' pulled away from showrooms not that long ago !

Shows how successful and popular the TS model was/is :)

btm
25th June 2008, 09:26 AM
Im defently thinking about getting a turbo g hatch at the end of the year and i didnt wanna miss out having the option of getting a special or limited edition model.
there arent that many G SRiTs out there anyway so its already practically a limited edition :D

Wraith
25th June 2008, 09:32 AM
there arent that many G SRiTs out there anyway so its already practically a limited edition :D

Figures vary anywhere from 450 to 650 all up Australia wide...

Around 200 to 250 for the turbo vert all up Australia wide...

btm
25th June 2008, 09:35 AM
Figures vary anywhere from 450 to 650 all up Australia wide...

Around 200 to 250 for the turbo vert all up Australia wide...

in the scheme of things, very small number

USC
25th June 2008, 10:25 AM
That's actually a very good point Ian, ie: that the TS vert and a couple of other TS models were being sold side by side with the new AH model...the TS vert was 'relunctantly' pulled away from showrooms not that long ago !

Shows how successful and popular the TS model was/is :)

yeh..TS`s are EVERYWHERE. especially the liftback model.

EL BURITO
25th June 2008, 12:18 PM
yeh..TS`s are EVERYWHERE. especially the liftback model.
yes its true sedans suck, and really don't suit small cars

btm
25th June 2008, 12:35 PM
yes its true sedans suck, and really don't suit small cars

just look at the echo and barina sendans... perfect examples right there! FUGLY!

chrissn89
25th June 2008, 01:48 PM
So theres no special edition turbo g hatches. But then again if theres only about 500 give or take a hundred, in the whole of Australia their basically a limited edition.

btm
25th June 2008, 01:49 PM
So theres no special edition turbo g hatches. But then again if theres only about 500 give or take a hundred, in the whole of Australia their basically a limited edition.

exactly :)

USC
25th June 2008, 01:53 PM
Ok...just because Astras look fugly in sedan (TS and AH) does not mean other brands are also ugly in sedan...civic, lancer, MZ3...all look quite good in sedan...better in sedan actually.

echos/yaris/corolla sedans etc..look retarded though...

btm
25th June 2008, 02:04 PM
Ok...just because Astras look fugly in sedan (TS and AH) does not mean other brands are also ugly in sedan...civic, lancer, MZ3...all look quite good in sedan...better in sedan actually.

echos/yaris/corolla sedans etc..look retarded though...

agreed, not all of them are ugly

but i dont mind the TS sedan, it's not that bad. in fact can look quite good with a bit of work done IMO

Apex
25th June 2008, 02:16 PM
The odd one pops up for sale here in NZ, they are a nice looking car.

Found these odd ball Opels when doing a search for one.
TS 2.2 4door (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/auction-162433330.htm)
SRI-T 5-Door (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Opel/auction-161466874.htm)

btm
25th June 2008, 02:27 PM
very low KM on both... the TS, they must have done an engine transplant?

but the AH was imported from japan

Apex
25th June 2008, 02:50 PM
I wouldn’t be so sure, they get the 2.2 in all models in Japan.. Drove a sports wagon with one not so long ago.

Note the Xenon lights on the AH.