PDA

View Full Version : New Accord Euro released

USC
23rd June 2008, 11:40 PM
Is it just me or do the new Honda accords BOTH look like Hyundais:confused:

For the first time, I can say I slightly prefer the NON-EURO accord.

Power on the accord euro is impressive though..148kws for a 2.4 N/A engine.

rjastra
24th June 2008, 08:32 AM
I don't see the connection :P

http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide/photos/2006/Hyundai/Sonata/Sedan/2006_Hyundai_Sonata_ext_1.jpg

http://euro.honda.com.au/resources.ashx/SeeTheCarImages/3/WallpaperImage1/974724259A85C4B7D2D99B58D1D8EBBD/1024x768.jpg

Wraith
24th June 2008, 08:34 AM
Any pics ??? can't comment otherwise...

Power/engine is similar to what it was before !!!

Ah, thanks rj, that's what happens when you post at the same time LOL :)

USC
24th June 2008, 10:13 AM
Power/engine is similar to what it was before !!!

Power is not similar. Before it was 140KW.

btm
24th June 2008, 10:13 AM
i can see a slight resemblance, but wouldnt have noticed it if you hadnt of said anything

i've always like the look of the euro

USC
24th June 2008, 10:30 AM
i can see a slight resemblance, but wouldnt have noticed it if you hadnt of said anything

i've always like the look of the euro

There`s only been one Euro model before;) which I think still look the best.

hm...but seriously, the new Accord V6 looks much better than the Accord EURO....there is still a bit of hyundai there but not as much as the Euro.

GreyRex
24th June 2008, 11:09 AM
I think the the V6 Accord has an incredible amount of odd angles, specifically at the rear. The boot bulges... the red lights beside the number plate look out of place, the lower part of the rear bumper has odd angles

Without seeing the new Accord Euro, i feel it is a nicer overall shape (even though its very similar in look to the previous shape)

USC
24th June 2008, 11:20 AM
I think the the V6 Accord has an incredible amount of odd angles, specifically at the rear. The boot bulges... the red lights beside the number plate look out of place, the lower part of the rear bumper has odd angles

Without seeing the new Accord Euro, i feel it is a nicer overall shape (even though its very similar in look to the previous shape)

hmm... u might be right:p

Greg K
24th June 2008, 12:03 PM
Is it just me or do the new Honda accords BOTH look like Hyundais:confused: .

car manufacturers arent trying to re-invent the wheel with every new car that is being produced. you will always find similarities between car models. i mean, how far can you take a design of a car so that it doesnt look like any previous cars and for people to buy a real "out there" design?

but i do agree that there are some similarities the new accord has with the Hyundais..

immenotu
24th June 2008, 12:10 PM
Is it just me or do the new Honda accords BOTH look like Hyundais:confused:

That is exactly what i thought when I saw them!

For me though, they dont look like a copy of a particular Hyundai model, they just seem to 'feel' like a Hyundai if you get what I mean. When I looked at one without knowing what it was, I thought "hmm, a new hyundai".

GreyRex
24th June 2008, 12:12 PM
car manufacturers arent trying to re-invent the wheel with every new car that is being produced. you will always find similarities between car models. i mean, how far can you take a design of a car so that it doesnt look like any previous cars and for people to buy a real "out there" design?

but i do agree that there are some similarities the new accord has with the Hyundais..

Yeah i agree about similarities..

We could talk about the new Hyundai i30, oh sorry Subaru Impreza... but thats another topic lol

Nowadays I feel there's more going on with development with stuff we can't necessarily see... such as passive and active safety. For the most part, our cars have never been safer

Just my opinion i guess

Greg K
24th June 2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah i agree about similarities..

We could talk about the new Hyundai i30, oh sorry Subaru Impreza... but thats another topic lol

Nowadays I feel there's more going on with development with stuff we can't necessarily see... such as passive and active safety. For the most part, our cars have never been safer

Just my opinion i guess

i know but there are prob 50 different cars from which the design looks similar too...

doesn anyone know when the new accords are to be released here???

rjastra
24th June 2008, 01:54 PM
i know but there are prob 50 different cars from which the design looks similar too...

Now... go look at the Honda site

Greg K
24th June 2008, 01:55 PM
Now... go look at the Honda site

yes Boss... :)

USC
24th June 2008, 01:56 PM

They already are.

USC
24th June 2008, 02:02 PM
That is exactly what i thought when I saw them!

For me though, they dont look like a copy of a particular Hyundai model, they just seem to 'feel' like a Hyundai if you get what I mean. When I looked at one without knowing what it was, I thought "hmm, a new hyundai".

+1

and my gf also asked me what model of hyundai that was when we saw one on the road.