PDA

View Full Version : x-force varex canon exhaust

emiliok
20th June 2008, 02:12 PM
xforce varex canon exhaust, i know someone was selling one, nd i looked into it, thinking of getting one myself, do you think it would fit on a 2002 astra cd hatchback???
anyone know?

btm
20th June 2008, 02:21 PM
i dont see why it could not

emiliok
20th June 2008, 02:34 PM
just got off the phone with them, apparently it might fit but its a tight squeeze, got quoted $550 installed, just for the muffler. is that a good price??

Wraith
20th June 2008, 02:41 PM
just got off the phone with them, apparently it might fit but its a tight squeeze, got quoted $550 installed, just for the muffler. is that a good price??

If it's a high quality long life S/S unit with gauranteed no droning - it's a good price...

A good Euro brand like Remus will cost you between $900-$1050 for the same, that's what I've got on my vert...they are specifically designed and totally compatible for a particular model of car though...

Dowie
20th June 2008, 02:44 PM
Ive actually been looking at some remus exhausts and found a few i liked over alot of others.
Didnt know they retailed for around that tho :eek:

emiliok
20th June 2008, 02:46 PM
it is a S.S muffler and apparently the workshop where its sold at (only one in vic) has been at autosalon nd in business for 25yrs or sumtin. also has a 5 yr warranty. thats alright i recon.
i know i sound kinda inexperienced in this area, im new to the zorst scene :)

rjastra
20th June 2008, 03:34 PM
hmmmm Canon exhausts... how 2005 ;)

lithium
20th June 2008, 03:51 PM
hey emiliok, why are you looking at a Varex system on your exhaust? i'd think go a quality muffler with the sound you want, and be done with it

SKM_87
20th June 2008, 09:11 PM
average price. go and spend the extra cuple hundred on the rest of the system as well.

emiliok
20th June 2008, 09:39 PM
id prefer the twin tip pipe, but i dunno of you get the same sound out of it

hey emiliok, why are you looking at a Varex system on your exhaust? i'd think go a quality muffler with the sound you want, and be done with it
the reason is because i can quieten it with a push of a button, cops are pretty tight round here

average price. go and spend the extra cuple hundred on the rest of the system as well.
really? how much more do you think?

Jase
21st June 2008, 01:23 PM
xforce varex canon exhaust, 2002 astra cd hatchback???
anyone know?

they come smallest in 2.5".. way too big:p

SKM_87
21st June 2008, 05:17 PM
i do stainless system for $850. with that muffler might be a little more

emiliok
22nd June 2008, 08:32 PM
they come smallest in 2.5".. way too big:p

nah i called em, they recon it'll be fine

lithium
23rd June 2008, 04:16 PM
i had a 2.5 inch straight through style backbox on my barina, it was insanely loud! it was drowning out rexes and skylines with their 4 inch canons :eek:

i think if you're bolting onto the stock exhaust it should be quieter. good luck, i haven't seen too many astras around with canons on them.

interested to know how it goes :)

InsaneAsylum
23rd June 2008, 04:25 PM

never liked canons on euro cars... they just don't fit

kind of like eating pasta with chopsticks

gman
23rd June 2008, 04:38 PM

NICE!!! ;)

lithium
23rd June 2008, 05:11 PM

:D

SKM_87
23rd June 2008, 08:10 PM
2.5 canon onto a std system will generally drone but seeing as its wanky you should be fine.

rjastra
23rd June 2008, 08:49 PM

LOL. Canons are crap on everything. A fashion statement nothing else.

emiliok
23rd June 2008, 09:33 PM
at the moment i have a dual exhaust tip and it looks awsome, but no sound, i can get that same exhaust in a dual tip, but i duno if it has the same sound, i doubt it will. im not a huge fan of canons either, but if it sounds awsum.......

lithium
23rd June 2008, 10:23 PM
exhaust sound is very much each to their own taste but i personally think the deep canon drone is way overdone esp by guys in lancers that think changing to a glasspack gives you 50kw :(

wouldn't you rather have a car that is almost silent but eats anything that gives it some attitude?

CNBLU
23rd June 2008, 10:29 PM
exhaust sound is very much each to their own taste but i personally think the deep canon drone is way overdone esp by guys in lancers that think changing to a glasspack gives you 50kw :(

wouldn't you rather have a car that is almost silent but eats anything that gives it some attitude?

And which car does that????

lithium
23rd June 2008, 10:38 PM
not mine :D

something like an mazda3 mps?
i should say, not 'silent', 'stock-sounding'

CNBLU
23rd June 2008, 10:40 PM
i retract my question:p

emiliok
24th June 2008, 10:35 AM
yeah i would prefer that but i dont think an astra cd hatch would be that car

emiliok
24th June 2008, 10:37 AM
but true, the deep drone, which i like, is WAAAAAYYYYY overdone by riceburners. believe me, i always comment on them. haha look at that honda jazz with a massive cannon:D

but having said that i like the sound. i hope the double tip has the same sound, though i dont think it would:(