PDA

View Full Version : Corvette ZR1

rjastra
19th June 2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2008/112_0806_2009_chevrolet_corvette_zr1_pricing/index.html

* 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds
* 0-100 mph in 7.0 seconds
* Quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.3 seconds at 131 mph
* 205 mph top speed

USC
19th June 2008, 03:48 PM
Its rubbish because its a corvette...:p

looks like a Honda NSX

Wraith
19th June 2008, 05:03 PM
I posted this up earlier in the year rj... :)

I actually love this car, especially that beautiful LS9 - what an engine, integral supercharger and intercooler, but still 'old school' heart, but the output and capabilities are outstanding and the look of this new ZR1 = gorgeous :)

2 probs. though...

1. We'll most probably never see it here in Oz. not through dealer networks anyway... :(

2. If it ever did make it here - whether through dealers or imports, it'll cost a small fortune ( Company in Queenland selling RHD current model ZR1's for 270k :eek: ) which would make most and even me look at something else if able to buy something in that sort of price range....GT-R and lots of change for me thanks ;)

95' GSI
19th June 2008, 05:04 PM
Vettes turn people into snobs...

USC
19th June 2008, 05:14 PM
Vettes turn people into snobs...

into Knobs you mean.:p

95' GSI
19th June 2008, 05:25 PM
into Knobs you mean.:p

lol that too.

btm
19th June 2008, 05:36 PM
gets my vote purely on looks

poita
19th June 2008, 07:56 PM
is it just me or does it look the same as the previous models
different colour and just goes faster.
never really been a fan

xplosv57
19th June 2008, 08:12 PM
Gets my vote purely cos it's a Corvette and it goes fast!!!

Never met a Vette owner who's more of a snob than anyone with an expensive car, if anything quite the opposite!!

Although if i got one, i'd feel awfully bad for reducing the world's already scarce oill supply!!!!!!

95' GSI
19th June 2008, 08:14 PM
Gets my vote purely cos it's a Corvette and it goes fast!!!

Never met a Vette owner who's more of a snob than anyone with an expensive car, if anything quite the opposite!!

Although if i got one, i'd feel awfully bad for reducing the world's already scarce oill supply!!!!!!

Steve they're all snobs...
Well 95% of them.

xplosv57
19th June 2008, 08:16 PM
Steve they're all snobs...
Well 95% of them.

Cos you know 95% of Corvette owners................

95' GSI
19th June 2008, 08:23 PM
Cos you know 95% of Corvette owners................

I think I know more than you...

95' GSI
19th June 2008, 08:27 PM

That sounded bitchy... sorry

xplosv57
19th June 2008, 08:40 PM

Good for you, would not account to 95% of Vette owners though so i wouldn't see it fit them being labelled snobs!!!

Like saying all commodore owners are hoons and barina owners are girls, in both cases not true!!!

Anyways, hope this S/C V8 powerhouse eventually makes it's way to a HSV in the next few years, or better yet, bring the Vette down here!!!!!!!!!

Cos "...the Vette gets em' wet!!!" :D

95' GSI
19th June 2008, 08:42 PM
Good for you, would not account to 95% of Vette owners though so i wouldn't see it fit them being labelled snobs!!!

Like saying all commodore owners are hoons and barina owners are girls, in both cases not true!!!

Anyways, hope this S/C V8 powerhouse eventually makes it's way to a HSV in the next few years, or better yet, bring the Vette down here!!!!!!!!!

I've met like 250-300 of them and they're all pretty much the same.
but whatever, not going to fight with you over bullshit like this.

rjastra
19th June 2008, 09:11 PM
I posted this up earlier in the year rj... :)

But these are the absolute latest official specs :)

USC
19th June 2008, 10:55 PM

ok... calm down children...:p
everyone is allowed to express their opinions.

Wraith
23rd June 2008, 09:21 AM
Guys, these are the sort of cars that real die hard enthusiasts buy and love !!! so it's easy to stir emotion and biased views/opinions and attitudes...

Yes there is a demograhic that 'most, but not all' owners will fit into...

As you all know, I'm a member of many car type forums, what I've noticed is the higher the performance of the car, the more 'attitude' the owners seem to have and the more 'other' people will refer to them as knobs or whatever.

The arguements and completely useless degrading threads I've seen on some GT-R and vette and even BMW forums is truly ridiculous...

But there are those who remain down to earth to, it's just something that goes with the territory as they say :)

And yes, I must agree strongly with Steve, that hopefully :pray: that beautiful and awesome LS9 powerplant finds its way to Aust. (can't see why not, as the LS7 will eventually be standard on all HSV's !!!)- we can only wish for a new coupe with it aaarrrrrgggghhhhh :drool:

Apex
23rd June 2008, 09:44 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting NZ first C6 Vet owner a couple of years ago and he as great, in fact I could get away from old timer, he knew everything about them and was a hell of a nice guy, even offered to take me for a lap around Pukekohe race course if I was brave. Was a real car nut.

He flew to America, purchased it then sent it to Ausi to be converted to RHD before it landed here. Cost him $185,000 all up.

Wraith
23rd June 2008, 09:51 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting NZ first C6 Vet owner a couple of years ago and he as great, in fact I could get away from old timer, he knew everything about them and was a hell of a nice guy, even offered to take me for a lap around Pukekohe race course if I was brave. Was a real car nut.

He flew to America, purchased it then sent it to Ausi to be converted to RHD before it landed here. Cost him $185,000 all up.

There you go :)

Oh BTW all of us 'old timers' - well older folk - are nice guys LOL :D :p

Apex
25th June 2008, 06:56 AM
I must add it wasn’t the first C6 is was the first C6 Z06.

It was yellow, and changed my perception of American cars altogether.

Fricken awesome.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/CorvetteC6Z06yellow.jpg/800px-CorvetteC6Z06yellow.jpg
wikimedia

Wraith
25th June 2008, 08:25 AM
Same here...

I've been a fan of vettes from waaaay back...even had scale models of 60's versions when I was a kid :)

btm
25th June 2008, 09:36 AM
the rims look tiny on that yellow one... must be the angle

Wraith
25th June 2008, 09:48 AM
the rims look tiny on that yellow one... must be the angle

LOL they're not too bad, how about the silver one next to it........they look like 14's or 15's :D

btm
25th June 2008, 09:54 AM
LOL they're not too bad, how about the silver one next to it........they look like 14's or 15's :D

yeah but the silver one is 30 years old :)

Wraith
3rd July 2008, 01:54 PM
For all intereted.......

The new LS9 powered Corvette ZR1 has recently posted an official 7:26 time at the Nurburgring :eek: and I say it's all due to that old school, but beautiful and mega powerful LS9 S/C V8 engine :D

That's outstanding for a RWD hi-po car......and outstanding for a vette too !!

It's chasing the Nissan GT-R V-Spec's time of 7:22...and it's aweful close...

Nissan says it's only a little matter of time before they lay down a sub 7:20 :eek:

Those times above are phenominal and no longer are the incredible times at the ring the domain of 'only' the most insanly expensive supercars !!!

btm
3rd July 2008, 03:22 PM
damn that's impressive against the V-Spec GTR!

Wraith
3rd July 2008, 03:36 PM
damn that's impressive against the V-Spec GTR!

Yes it is, but in the World of the 'numbers games' it means alot even if it's just 1 second difference and the new ZR1 has got to beat the base GT-R 1st with a new official time of 7:25...

It's only a matter of time before the V-Spec dips below 7:20 and I really don't think the ZR1 can touch it at that time, it has all the power in the World, but without AWD and the chassis balance and technical wizzardry of the GT-R, the ZR1 will struggle...

The real threat for the GT-R is the new Honda NSX which is at the ring testing ATM and Honda bosses have said they will not rest or stop until their car tops the GT-R !

Also the new Lexus IS-F has already posted times under 7:25 !

Euro exotics are all backed up in the corner ATM as far as Nurburg. performances go...

Gambit
6th July 2008, 10:24 PM
ok... calm down children...:p
everyone is allowed to express their opinions.

Sorry... I know this was ages ago and all, but I really love this picture..

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Back on topic... I actually love Vette's and always have. I would burn a car yard filled with Opels if I was able to own one :D

Although... it might make my Zed jealous...and we can't have that..

Wraith
7th July 2008, 09:01 AM
LOL good one ^^^^ :D

The keyboard warrior bridgade are alive and well on this forum :D :p