PDA

View Full Version : Sport Mode on SRI 2.2

BEK-46P
15th June 2008, 08:54 PM
Anyone know what's happening when I push this button? It just feels like I'm giving it more throttle without giving it more throttle. Is it wise to keep it on because I'm getting the nasty feeling it's consuming extra petrol...?

sooty
15th June 2008, 09:01 PM
Anyone know what's happening when I push this button? It just feels like I'm giving it more throttle without giving it more throttle. Is it wise to keep it on because I'm getting the nasty feeling it's consuming extra petrol...?

If it's anything like the rest of them it will improve throttle and steering sensitivity, so doing exactly as you thought, technically it's not using any more fuel, but you're prob using more throttle accidentally, so inadvertantly you are :)

RobCDX
15th June 2008, 10:03 PM
doesnt it slightly improve braking too?

Huhness
15th June 2008, 10:07 PM
did you read that book that came with your car? You know the one that has all of this information. Its probably in your glovebox..

BEK-46P
15th June 2008, 10:49 PM
Don't think it mentions anything about it, i.e. don't make me go outside in the cold to get it :D

USC
15th June 2008, 11:08 PM
doesnt it slightly improve braking too?

No.

In the sri-t, it also hardens the suspension. but the 2.2 does not have that feature.

BEK-46P
16th June 2008, 12:24 AM
No it does

USC
16th June 2008, 09:59 AM
No it does

dude, the 2.2 sri DOES NOT have continuous damping control! check the specs b4 posting rubbish on here. Only the sri-t and vxr have that feature.

Holden Astra AH sri-t (Has CDC): http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modelfeatures?modelid=26009 -- look in 'safety'

Holden Astra AH 2.2sri (Does NOT have CDC): http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modelfeatures?modelid=26012 -- look in 'safety'

And the sports mode has nothing to do with braking (only throttle response, steering and CDC for sri-t and vxr)

BEK-46P
16th June 2008, 06:29 PM
Sorry bro, just re-read your post. I thought you were saying the 2.2 didn't have Sport Mode period.

I drove all the way home with Sport Mode on, feels like it increases power by about 50KW!

kabel
16th June 2008, 06:53 PM
Does not effect power output just throttle response.

USC
16th June 2008, 09:35 PM
Sorry bro, just re-read your post. I thought you were saying the 2.2 didn't have Sport Mode period.

I drove all the way home with Sport Mode on, feels like it increases power by about 50KW!

no worries mate:) . It sure does make it feel like its got more power cos of the sensitive throttle:D

glider
17th June 2008, 03:12 AM
heh these sport mode buttons are fun...

parent's jackaroo has one... people dont expect its fat ass to jump away too quickly....

MitchSRi
18th June 2008, 12:37 AM
dude, the 2.2 sri DOES NOT have continuous damping control! check the specs b4 posting rubbish on here. Only the sri-t and vxr have that feature. Seems to be the case, but I swear it does something on the 2.2L non turbo SRi.

Not sure when but I've had my car at a khanacross/skidpan event before now and there was quite a difference suspension wise with Sports mode on.

Didn't seem to bodyroll anywhere near as much.

Wynnston
18th June 2008, 11:41 AM
Despite Holden not mentioning it, I believe the only additional thing it does is lighten up the ESP program, Ive tried this on a skidpan (Well big ass concrete pad at my mates farm) and the ESP does tend to have a bit more give when sport mode is on. And yes of course holding it down for about 5-10 seconds will turn it off all together.

I do believe this was mentioned in one of the UK brochures for all astras equiped with ESP, and also they mentioned it on a Fifth Gear Epp when reviewing the SRi-T.

Oh and yes I can confirm it does nothing to the Engines output power, nor the Suspension in the 2.2 (No Electronic Dampners in the 2.2) it has the same suspension as the CDTi Manual, (15% Lower and a little stiffer than std astra's thats it).

I do believe you can get a modified chip/computer the Modified VXR's, Sri-T's and CDti's in the UK and the Sport button does increase Output as it switches to a diff program. but that is completly aftermarket not a factory thing.

Oh, and I just noticed, there is no longer the Z22YH in the Astra SRi (N/A) models, its now going to be a 1.8 ;(, I think the 2.2 Direct was getting a tad expensive for them to manufacture/support plus its specific output diff between it and the 1.8 wasnt enough to warrant keeping it. (Despite the 2.2 being a nicer engine of course).

Thats all I know or heard anyway...

USC
18th June 2008, 11:48 AM
Seems to be the case, but I swear it does something on the 2.2L non turbo SRi.

Not sure when but I've had my car at a khanacross/skidpan event before now and there was quite a difference suspension wise with Sports mode on.

Didn't seem to bodyroll anywhere near as much.

its all in your head....;) ... Check if you have wiring going to your shockers...it does not.

GreyRex
18th June 2008, 12:37 PM
Despite Holden not mentioning it, I believe the only additional thing it does is lighten up the ESP program, Ive tried this on a skidpan (Well big ass concrete pad at my mates farm) and the ESP does tend to have a bit more give when sport mode is on. And yes of course holding it down for about 5-10 seconds will turn it off all together.

I do believe this was mentioned in one of the UK brochures for all astras equiped with ESP, and also they mentioned it on a Fifth Gear Epp when reviewing the SRi-T.

Is this true?

glider
18th June 2008, 12:57 PM
Oh, and I just noticed, there is no longer the Z22YH in the Astra SRi (N/A) models, its now going to be a 1.8 ;(, I think the 2.2 Direct was getting a tad expensive for them to manufacture/support plus its specific output diff between it and the 1.8 wasnt enough to warrant keeping it. (Despite the 2.2 being a nicer engine of course).

Thats all I know or heard anyway...

it makes sense, the z22se in the G puts out the same KW as the newer 1.8 in the H variants... course the 2.2 has more torque

Wynnston
18th June 2008, 02:49 PM
Keep in mind the AH Astra SRi had a Z22YH not a Z22SE, main diff is the Z22YH has a diff head/direct injection.

USC
18th June 2008, 04:08 PM
Keep in mind the AH Astra SRi had a Z22YH not a Z22SE, main diff is the Z22YH has a diff head/direct injection.

and full alloy head and block.

MitchSRi
18th June 2008, 10:07 PM
That'll be the end of the SRi non turbo in that case, as without the 2.2L motor set it apart from the other models.

USC
18th June 2008, 11:15 PM
That'll be the end of the SRi non turbo in that case, as without the 2.2L motor set it apart from the other models.

bodykit, sport button, premium sound..etc

the sri would be a bit like the corolla levin..same engine but extra stuff.

MitchSRi
18th June 2008, 11:36 PM
I thought all models had the sports button? Or is it only enabled on some models (CDi/SRi/etc).

Also sound system is the same IIRC.

Bodykit, well the GTZ kit is almost identical.

USC
19th June 2008, 10:55 AM
I thought all models had the sports button? Or is it only enabled on some models (CDi/SRi/etc).

Also sound system is the same IIRC.

Bodykit, well the GTZ kit is almost identical.

yep.not all models have the sport button..cd does not and cdx as well I think.

sri, srit, cdti have it.

Red AH SRI T
19th June 2008, 11:11 AM
and with the new 1.8 SRi its the only way you can buy a Coupe. No more CD or CDX Coupe.

Ishley
19th June 2008, 11:46 AM
and with the new 1.8 SRi its the only way you can buy a Coupe. No more CD or CDX Coupe.
:eek:

Red AH SRI T
19th June 2008, 03:33 PM
you shouldn't keep your mouth open like that, ash, someone may poke something in there ;)

USC
19th June 2008, 05:22 PM

where are you sourcing all this info from?

poita
19th June 2008, 08:33 PM
probly from work USC
he does sell the bloody things afterall..........

Red AH SRI T
20th June 2008, 10:38 AM
That and for you lay ppl you can go here

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/vehicleentry?vehicleid=26&navid=1

:p

USC
20th June 2008, 11:53 AM
That and for you lay ppl you can go here

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/vehicleentry?vehicleid=26&navid=1

:p

OMG:eek:

No more 2.2 Sri!!! that sucks bad. The only model you can get 2.2 is now the convertible!!
Whats the point of buying a 1.8sri when the 1.8 cdx is as good? I guess, u get the body kit.

Red AH SRI T
20th June 2008, 02:48 PM
You Can't Get The Cdx Coupe Anymore

rjastra
20th June 2008, 03:42 PM
Essentially $2500 gets you 17inch alloys, body kit and sports suspension over the CDX.

MitchSRi
20th June 2008, 09:36 PM
and now the SRi 5 door hatch is back.

What in the christs going on with the Astra modelling reshuffling.. its beyond a joke.

If they Opel/GM were smart they'd do the following:
+ Astra CD 5 door Hatch 1.8L
+ Astra CDX 5 door Hatch 1.8L
+ Astra CDTi 5 door Hatch 1.9L DT

+ Astra SRi Turbo 5 door Hatch 2.0L Turbo
+ Astra SRi Turbo Coupe Hatch 2.0L Turbo

+ Astra CD/CDX/CDTi Wagon

+ Astra Twintop.

Have the SRi an exclusive 2L turbo in both Coupe, and 5 door for those wanting extra room. Force those wanting a coupe to the turbo as well.

However The Cd and CDX Coupes seemed to sell well.

USC
21st June 2008, 12:27 AM

hmm...I dont like the CD and CDX coupe `cos the back looks weird without the roof spoiler...almost like something is missing.

I think CD should be 1.8, CDX should be 2.2, and Sri should be 2L Turbo...and of course the choice of 1.9cdti as hatch or coupe.

convertible should get 2.2 or 2L turbo.

Red AH SRI T
22nd June 2008, 05:47 PM
and now the SRi 5 door hatch is back.

What in the christs going on with the Astra modelling reshuffling.. its beyond a joke.

If they Opel/GM were smart they'd do the following:
+ Astra CD 5 door Hatch 1.8L
+ Astra CDX 5 door Hatch 1.8L
+ Astra CDTi 5 door Hatch 1.9L DT

+ Astra SRi Turbo 5 door Hatch 2.0L Turbo
+ Astra SRi Turbo Coupe Hatch 2.0L Turbo

+ Astra CD/CDX/CDTi Wagon

+ Astra Twintop.

Have the SRi an exclusive 2L turbo in both Coupe, and 5 door for those wanting extra room. Force those wanting a coupe to the turbo as well.

ummmmm?

Holden do have that exact line up, except for the 5door turbo

deviant
22nd June 2008, 07:28 PM
2.2 and 2.0T Wagon with 6spd manual or optional 6spd auto please!!

I think if they could do a wagon with the same equipment list as the SRI coupe variants they could be on to a winner....bodykitted, leather lined,climate controlled, good sound system AND proper handling AND usefull torque / power and sold as a touring wagon :dance:

You can get a Volkswagen Passat that does all of the above but they are far from cheap.

rjastra
22nd June 2008, 08:36 PM
2.2 and 2.0T Wagon with 6spd manual or optional 6spd auto please!!

I think if they could do a wagon with the same equipment list as the SRI coupe variants they could be on to a winner....bodykitted, leather lined,climate controlled, good sound system AND proper handling AND usefull torque / power and sold as a touring wagon :dance:

Yes, sounds like something everyone wants ;) Market for small wagons is tiny.