6th June 2008, 02:10 PM
http://business.theage.com.au/500-jobs-to-go-at-holden-20080606-2mjs.html

now even the four cylinder engines will be made in korea...damn:eek:

bornwild
6th June 2008, 02:24 PM
What 4 cylinders do they build here??

Tigra
6th June 2008, 02:54 PM
Whats new, yet another car co. that will prob be closing in Australia soon and importing all vehicles.

USC
6th June 2008, 03:38 PM
What 4 cylinders do they build here??

apparently, they make some crappy 4 cylinders engine for export to Korea..prob for use in their viva and epica...

bornwild
6th June 2008, 05:03 PM
Idiots...they could have converted some of the machines and started building some diesels for the AU market....why aren't I a CEO of some huge company....I'd make them billions :D

pred8r
6th June 2008, 06:28 PM
Family II engines.

Because its some shifty import/expert offset money thing.
They were originally for the daewoo's, so possibly built here exported, put in a Kalos ( barina, whatever) and sent back.

Sad for all them people that will lose their jobs.
(I wonder if a certain in-law will lose their job, now that wouldn't be a pity :angel:).

Shaun
6th June 2008, 11:11 PM
Whats new, yet another car co. that will prob be closing in Australia soon and importing all vehicles.

Somehow i dont think so. With Commodore Export so strong. Its part of GM worldwide plan. Small car Platform Our of Aisa. Med Car Platform from Europe And larger Car Platform from Australia.

USC
6th June 2008, 11:35 PM
Somehow i dont think so. With Commodore Export so strong. Its part of GM worldwide plan. Small car Platform Our of Aisa. Med Car Platform from Europe And larger Car Platform from Australia.

r u serious? does that mean Corsa and Astra will be from asia soon?:eek:

poita
6th June 2008, 11:39 PM
r u serious? does that mean Corsa and Astra will be from asia soon?:eek:

you are jokin right

Corsa
7th June 2008, 11:30 PM
The Family 2 engines date back as far as the Camira and even found there way into some Opel's over the years. Since the Camira finished up around 20 years ago the engines have all been exported with the majority of the recent ones heading over to Daewoo. I have no doubt that the deal with HEC and Daewoo was a factor in GM buying Daewoo when they were considering going belly up.
Corsa