PDA

View Full Version : Time to piss off the Epica and get this Holden!!!!!

Theo
5th June 2008, 12:47 PM
Nice...very nice.
This will crap on the Mondeo.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/13279/gm-reveals-insignia-interior/

I like this bit though "In Australia, it was presumed the new Insignia would reclaim the Vectra namesake however Holden is persistent it will instead pursue the Epica"

Wraith
5th June 2008, 01:13 PM
Errr, kind of a re-thread, most here seem devided on this car...

Speaking for myself, I'd take the Xr5 Mondeo anyday :)

SSS_Hoon
5th June 2008, 01:14 PM
Speaking for myself, I'd take the Xr5 Mondeo anyday :)

yep so would i that is for sure.

SSS_Hoon

USC
5th June 2008, 02:01 PM
The temperature gauge is back!! nice!

Piano black interior..nice!

steering wheel...gay!

wheres the hand brake?:eek:

whats with the weird storage between the two seats?

sooty
5th June 2008, 02:04 PM
wheres the hand brake?:eek:

That's what i thought when i saw the Astra mules interior too...what the hell happened to having a handbrake lol...

poita
5th June 2008, 02:08 PM
didnt someone say somewhere its an electronic handbrake now

deviant
5th June 2008, 02:15 PM
I have read a few high spec euro cars have an electronic handbrake triggered from a switch on the floor you press with your foot or a button near the gearlever.

They seem quite nifty really....they cant be engaged when your driving and engage automatically on an incline to assist drivers of manual cars on a hill start.
If you engage it manualy it will disengage without you telling it to when you pull away.
It frees up space in the car and makes the centre console look nicer.

Sigh...no more macca trays under the rear wheels :D

sooty
5th June 2008, 02:26 PM
and engage automatically on an incline to assist drivers of manual cars on a hill start.

That would just really...really shit me....:rolleyes:

Tigra
5th June 2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/opel_insignia_5.thumbnail.jpg

Classy. Yes would be nice to see on AUS roads, anything is better than Daewoo crap.

Would not buy one though.

gslrallysport
5th June 2008, 04:00 PM
That would just really...really shit me....:rolleyes:
Same as Subaru's that have the hill holder clutch... you get used to it after while...

USC
5th June 2008, 04:43 PM
didnt someone say somewhere its an electronic handbrake now

I did...but I wasnt sure:p

bornwild
5th June 2008, 05:56 PM
I'd take that Insignia over any car...it's the shiz

rjastra
5th June 2008, 06:21 PM
Personally I think something along the lines of the Malibu would sell better here

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/malibu/2008/photogallery/ext_gallery01.jpg
http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/malibu/2008/photogallery/ext_gallery06.jpg

Why? It has the option of the 2.4L Ecotec AND the 3.6L V6 (from commodore). And I think the styling is more conservative for this market.
There is also a mild hybrid version of the car

sooty
5th June 2008, 06:28 PM
I like it, looks a lot better than the insignia (my 2c)

poita
5th June 2008, 06:36 PM
they wont bring a car in that is too close to the commodore.
why would they want to cut into there own market
commodore is/always will be there no. 1 seller here no matter what

bornwild
5th June 2008, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry but that Malibu looks shit....nowhere near the Insignia!

Also, the top of the line Insignia with the V6 and 4WD would be around $60k if it were to ever come to AU.

sooty
5th June 2008, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry but that Malibu looks shit....nowhere near the Insignia!

Each to their own nermin lol...i'd take the malibu over the insignia any day....purely based on aesthetics i mean

bornwild
5th June 2008, 07:03 PM
Too true mate ;)

The Malibu reminds me too much of this korean barina we have hmmm

USC
5th June 2008, 08:13 PM
man, that malibu looks damn ugly.

You could always import the Insignia from the UK (like the jap imports)

aussie_in_london
5th June 2008, 09:18 PM
hopefully should have in my garage by Oct 09 an Insignia VXR
330-350bhp out of the box, xwd/awd, electronic lsd plus other nice goodies to finish it off ie 20" all round :)

The Mondeo ST will be working very hard to match it

USC
5th June 2008, 11:11 PM
hopefully should have in my garage by Oct 09 an Insignia VXR
330-350bhp out of the box, xwd/awd, electronic lsd plus other nice goodies to finish it off ie 20" all round :)

The Mondeo ST will be working very hard to match it

nice!! But the Insignia AWD VXR would be working hard to match a Subaru Liberty GT B. I think a new model is going to be released soon.

bornwild
6th June 2008, 12:40 AM
You can't compare an Insignia with a Liberty...

Wraith
6th June 2008, 08:58 AM
they wont bring a car in that is too close to the commodore.
why would they want to cut into there own market
commodore is/always will be there no. 1 seller here no matter what

Agree, that Malibu looks too similar to and as big as a VE Commodore...doubt it'll come here...

Hopefully some of that running gear ie: AWD makes it across the the next Astra range...

USC
6th June 2008, 10:41 AM
You can't compare an Insignia with a Liberty...

u cant make such a comment without justification.

Both are medium size cars (VXR and GT B), both are AWD and both are turbos.

bornwild
6th June 2008, 11:47 AM
Okay well, I'll go comparing the C-class to the Epica...similar size car. :p

Get my drift?

Greg K
6th June 2008, 12:09 PM
u cant make such a comment without justification.

Both are medium size cars (VXR and GT B), both are AWD and both are turbos.

both will prob cost around the same too..

aussie_in_london
6th June 2008, 09:07 PM
Insignia VXR will be marketed against the Audi S4 which will be hitting the streets later this year running a V6 SC'd awd.

USC
6th June 2008, 11:16 PM
Okay well, I'll go comparing the C-class to the Epica...similar size car. :p

Get my drift?

so, r u implying the insignia is like an epica and the GT B is like C-class??:confused:....:eh: .... :think: .... :wall:....:sick:

I think subarus and opels are pretty much on the same level (daewoo and mercedes are definitely on totally different levels).

Saying an insignia is a rival to the audi S4 is pushing it a bit too far now..:p

bornwild
6th June 2008, 11:38 PM
I think you'll see what I mean once you get to see an Insignia in real life....And I was implying that the Liberty is the Daewoo and the Insignia is the Merc...

USC
6th June 2008, 11:59 PM
I think you'll see what I mean once you get to see an Insignia in real life....And I was implying that the Liberty is the Daewoo and the Insignia is the Merc...

BULLSHIT!! some base insignia models look worst than a camry. dude, r u on drugs?? "Insignia is the MERC"....LOL

bornwild
7th June 2008, 12:06 AM
You have no clue man...

aussie_in_london
7th June 2008, 12:09 AM
Saying an insignia is a rival to the audi S4 is pushing it a bit too far now..:p

i take it based on your comment you have inside information on the insignia and know something about the forthcoming VXR that we dont????? :)

we are talking S4 not RS4!

I know one thing, with whats going into it (VXR), it wont be at the same price bracket as per the outgoing vectra VXR, the press pics getting about so far are of a mid range Insignia (extermal shots) and internal of the SRi and as of yet no one has driven yet let alone been able to make to much judgement, lets drop the badge snobbery for now and wait for it to hit the streets before we make any claims but sayin that you guys will not get your hands on one anyway let alone a VXR version lol

GTC Concepts gives you an idea what to expect but with an additional 2 doors, its interior is that of the SRi.

bornwild
7th June 2008, 12:13 AM
The insignia is coming to AU....

USC
7th June 2008, 12:20 AM
You have no clue man...

yeh, i dont. I agree 100% with you. the insignia is like a merc and the 2009 liberty will be shit.

USC
7th June 2008, 12:22 AM
i take it based on your comment you have inside information on the insignia and know something about the forthcoming VXR that we dont????? :)

we are talking S4 not RS4!

I know one thing, with whats going into it (VXR), it wont be at the same price bracket as per the outgoing vectra VXR, the press pics getting about so far are of a mid range Insignia (extermal shots) and internal of the SRi and as of yet no one has driven yet let alone been able to make to much judgement, lets drop the badge snobbery for now and wait for it to hit the streets before we make any claims but sayin that you guys will not get your hands on one anyway let alone a VXR version lol

GTC Concepts gives you an idea what to expect but with an additional 2 doors, its interior is that of the SRi.

I dont have inside info but I can tell you the base model insignia is not good looking...thats just me though. Im sure the VXR would look hot...but lets also wait and see what the 2009 liberty GT would look like.

oops..my bad, i though u were talking about the rs4.:p

USC
7th June 2008, 12:24 AM

man, u need to get some more sleep. the only thing coming to australia is disgusting korean shit (Epica) that they have recycled from coke cans in a village in korea.

may be HSV will give us an Epica VXR..who knows..might be hotter than the Insignia VXR...LOL:D

bornwild
7th June 2008, 12:33 AM
I think you're over-estimating Subaru quality man...just by a huge fraction, not much lol

aussie_in_london
7th June 2008, 12:33 AM

not what i hear, price wise will see it sitting with a commodore so its not going to happen.

VXR wise not a chance in hell, already been told by people in the know i would be wasting my time bringing one back home with me and thatS from inside HSV aswell as VXR, no parts will be avaialbe unless i source from Eu myself.

bornwild
7th June 2008, 12:40 AM
Don't know about the OPC, but the Opel one is coming

USC
7th June 2008, 12:44 AM
I think you're over-estimating Subaru quality man...just by a huge fraction, not much lol

certainly better than opel.

And I think you`re estimating Opel quality too....by an enormous fraction ...LOL

USC
Don't know about the OPC, but the Opel one is coming

where do you source your info?

aussie_in_london
i dont know where you got that info from but direct from here it wont be making its way to Aus due to the cost and positioning within Holden stables hence the reason he said to me that i wont have anyone to service/warranty the Insignia VXR or replacement parts if i shipped it back home.

I did just ask 5 min ago and got a firm nope

aussie_in_london
7th June 2008, 12:50 AM
certainly better than opel.

And I think you`re estimating Opel quality too....by an enormous fraction ...LOL

interior build quality of a suburu ie WRX not a chance, still being hammered over here for its cheap flimsy plastic, even the astra has had a better review on its interor being more robust and better put together but then what do you expect for either with the price range they sit at, not carbon and leather covered lol

bornwild
7th June 2008, 12:52 AM
where do you source your info?

You certainly won't be finding out. ;)

USC
7th June 2008, 01:23 AM
You certainly won't be finding out. ;)

yeh true..cos its from your bum...hahaha

rjastra
7th June 2008, 10:37 AM
I don't believe Holden will bring the Insignia to Australia simply because of the strength of the Euro against the AUD. Doesn't really make sense dollarwise.

A friend who is a Mazda saleman is saying the sales of the Mazda 6 aren't as high as expected simply because they are too expensive (the dollar is strong against the YEN). The medium sized cars need to be kept close to $30K unless they are perceived as a premium product (Passat, A4, 3 series)

The other problem with Insignia is the engine range. As far as I can see their is a 2-2.5L normally aspirated 4 cylinder. Only turbo petrol/diesel. Got bucklies of selling that here. Insurance premiums for turbo petrol cars are heavily weighted and would turn buyers off.

What we will probably see is the replacement for the Epica based on the Insignia/Aura platform. Probably 18 months away.

USC
7th June 2008, 10:49 AM
I don't believe Holden will bring the Insignia to Australia simply because of the strength of the Euro against the AUD. Doesn't really make sense dollarwise.

A friend who is a Mazda saleman is saying the sales of the Mazda 6 aren't as high as expected simply because they are too expensive (the dollar is strong against the YEN). The medium sized cars need to be kept close to $30K unless they are perceived as a premium product (Passat, A4, 3 series)

The other problem with Insignia is the engine range. As far as I can see their is a 2-2.5L normally aspirated 4 cylinder. Only turbo petrol/diesel. Got bucklies of selling that here. Insurance premiums for turbo petrol cars are heavily weighted and would turn buyers off.

What we will probably see is the replacement for the Epica based on the Insignia/Aura platform. Probably 18 months away.

insurance companies should start thinking power to weight ratio as a 2L turbo insignia will be quite a heavy car and not as fast as a turbo 2L astra.