PDA

View Full Version : Epica vs Mondeo

GreyRex
5th June 2008, 11:04 AM
I know it's not a huge topic here, but here are the official sales figures for May 2008 for the Epica and Mondeo:

Epica: 62
Mondeo: almost 600

Source: http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=53342

EL BURITO
5th June 2008, 11:12 AM

is that even worth Holden having a car in that market

so silly.

USC
5th June 2008, 11:33 AM
I only see an epica on the road once every month...lol

Greg K
5th June 2008, 11:55 AM
I only see an epica on the road once every month...lol

yeah so do i.... but i see them parked in the lot when i take my car to holden to get washed!

Ice
5th June 2008, 11:58 AM
Very interesting, the Mondeo is a better car overall (my opinion ofcourse) but Epica sales are Shite to say the least. scrap it !

oneightoo
5th June 2008, 12:06 PM
i see heaps of ads on tv for mondeo, none for the epica......

GreyRex
5th June 2008, 12:41 PM
Apparently they're putting the diesel engine out of the Craptiva into the Crapica by June. Woooooooooooow lol

Wraith
5th June 2008, 01:14 PM
LOL I think it's unanimous that the Epica is a tradgedy...

sooty
5th June 2008, 01:18 PM
Apparently they're putting the diesel engine out of the Craptiva into the Crapica by June. Woooooooooooow lol

now now....lets not bag all of the korean holdens lol....the captiva ain't actually that bad....

The epica however, seems a complete failure, stop production, sell off what's left and try again...

Ishley
5th June 2008, 01:22 PM
BRING BACK THE VECTRA

Thats all i have to say

USC
5th June 2008, 01:58 PM
now now....lets not bag all of the korean holdens lol....the captiva ain't actually that bad....

The epica however, seems a complete failure, stop production, sell off what's left and try again...

The captiva isnt that bad because opel actually helped in the design and vauxhall also sells them. The epica on the other hand is complete poo.

The vectra will never come back. Insignia replaced it.

Tigra
5th June 2008, 03:07 PM
Heheheh, 62 vehicles sold.

That would not even be enough to cover the costs of this TVC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLPkufvW7A

I can only assume that Holden were desprite when they introduced the Money Back Promotion if you did not like the Epica within 1500k or 30 days. Conditions were that you then had to use that money to buy another Holden vehicle of the same or greater value.

Maybe they did sell more, its just that 1000's prob came back and ex owners then did what they should have done in the first place, and buy an Astra.

Huhness
5th June 2008, 06:45 PM
Everytime i see one the muffler is hanging really low.. Every single one!!

bornwild
5th June 2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah well....the point of the Epica was to be profitable and yeah......LOL is all I can say

xplosv57
5th June 2008, 08:32 PM
Pretty damn sure the Vectra sold more than 62 cars a month, even though it was more expensive, people were willing to pay for quality!!

Project Korea has kicked you in the bum Holden!!!

rjastra
6th June 2008, 09:19 AM
The low figures last month could be the result of the upcoming facelift and introduction of the 6 speed auto. Maybe they really didn;t have any stock as they ran-out the the old model. Who knows.

Its also interesting to know you have to pay $31500 in a mondeo to match the spec of the Epica. Cruise, alloy wheels and rear elec windows are optional on the base mondeo.That's the drawback importing a car from the EU. Exchange rate isn't that favourable.

USC
6th June 2008, 10:37 AM
The low figures last month could be the result of the upcoming facelift and introduction of the 6 speed auto. Maybe they really didn;t have any stock as they ran-out the the old model. Who knows.

Its also interesting to know you have to pay $31500 in a mondeo to match the spec of the Epica. Cruise, alloy wheels and rear elec windows are optional on the base mondeo.That's the drawback importing a car from the EU. Exchange rate isn't that favourable.

but our $$ keeps increasing..yet, prices dont change!:mad:

bornwild
6th June 2008, 11:50 AM
Ok this thread should be closed and burnt, it's putting this forum to shame....I mean comparing an epica to a mondeo...woops.

Greg K
6th June 2008, 12:07 PM
and how many threads do we need with the Epica in it...

USC
6th June 2008, 02:05 PM
and how many threads do we need with the Epica in it...

+1 Giving importance to some shit korean product.

Oz
8th June 2008, 06:25 PM
C'mon fella's enough already. All this talk of the Epicrap is making me feel sick. :)

;)

Red AH SRI T
9th June 2008, 01:57 PM

Its true, Holden have had just about nil stock of Epica and Viva for about 6 months, which has really hurt sales. But the new model update of Epica is about to be launched and Viva stocks are now improving

Wynnston
9th June 2008, 11:42 PM
Isnt the diesel in the craptiva the 1.9CDTi motor in the astra, I could be very wrong, but thats what one of the guys at work told me, who hapens to own a craptiva diesel lol

USC
10th June 2008, 01:08 AM
hmm..the captiva seems to have a 2L turbo (110kw/320NM) diesel compared to the 1.9L turbo (110kw/320kw) on the astra. Surprisingly, they have exactly the same power output...even though the captiva should have a bit more with the 2L engine...an extra 100CC.

rjastra
10th June 2008, 09:34 AM
Different engine....

GreyRex
10th June 2008, 11:58 AM
Anybody care for the new Barina? No? Didn't think so

But here you go anyway...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/newreviews/207110/chevrolet_aveo.html

USC
10th June 2008, 12:11 PM

I actually dont mind it...looks quite nice :)

Wraith
10th June 2008, 04:48 PM

eewww :sick: Pass...

USC
10th June 2008, 06:28 PM
eewww :sick: Pass...

come on mate..its not that bad:p. I would buy one if the safety rating went to 4 stars at least.

Red AH SRI T
12th June 2008, 07:51 AM
The BArina we are getting has a slightly different front end. No gaping Double Chevy grille.

And the diesel engine in the Captiva IS NOT the same as the one in the Astra.
The Captiva one is designed by VM Vitori and built in Korea.