PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear episode 1 - new season

Wraith
3rd June 2008, 05:08 PM
Anyone else catch the 1st show of the new season last night ?? in Melb. anyway :)

It was great to see that W12 Golf in action as it was discussed here in length some time ago :)

I was surprised to see that it was such a shocker of a performer, except in a straight line :(

It's an unfinished prototype I know, but also seems that it's shortfalls can't be cured from what they said, I wonder if they'll actually make it...sure needs to be improved to be safe on the road...

Dowie
3rd June 2008, 05:15 PM
Is that the one that they made this time for that annual club or something and he couldnt manage to turn corners in it?
If so, its a beast, however im not a complete fan of the overall styling. As you mentioned it does need a lot of improvement, however, it sure is fast :eek:

USC
3rd June 2008, 05:19 PM
OMG!!! is Top Gear back on Monday nights? is that season 11?? damn it!!! I missed it!!!:eek:

sooty
3rd June 2008, 05:44 PM
OMG!!! is Top Gear back on Monday nights? is that season 11?? damn it!!! I missed it!!!:eek:

my thoughts exactly!
I didn't even realise it was back either...
Sounds like season 10 though...

rjastra
3rd June 2008, 06:06 PM
Anyone else catch the 1st show of the new season last night ?? in Melb. anyway :)

It was great to see that W12 Golf in action as it was discussed here in length some time ago :)

I was surprised to see that it was such a shocker of a performer, except in a straight line :(

It's an unfinished prototype I know, but also seems that it's shortfalls can't be cured from what they said, I wonder if they'll actually make it...sure needs to be improved to be safe on the road...

It's a show car cobbled together in less than 8 weeks and can circulate the track faster than a R32 and you are complaining???

If it was a GM show car it would have been limited to 60km/h and they would have a minder in the passenger seat while Jeremy was driving it ;)

reedaaron
3rd June 2008, 06:09 PM
It's a show car cobbled together in less than 8 weeks and can circulate the track faster than a R32 and you are complaining???

If it was a GM show car it would have been limited to 60km/h and they would have a minder in the passenger seat while Jeremy was driving it ;)

gee i wonder why it can go round the track faster than an r32... :rolleyes:

bornwild
3rd June 2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah this is a straight-line vehicle obviously :)

And btw I've seen these episodes last year...just download them via torrents :)

Dowie
3rd June 2008, 06:24 PM
Youtube goes also goes down well ;)

poita
3rd June 2008, 08:20 PM
i thought you said new season, thats season 10 :p :p
im waiting for 11 to start!

Dee
3rd June 2008, 08:21 PM
i was just going to say i swear i saw that VW in season 10!!!

Wraith
4th June 2008, 09:16 AM

Yes I realise that and agree rjastra, I did mention that it's an unfinished prototype and I wasn't dissapointed, just surprised that a car with that kind of power to weight ratio - it does have over 450kw - did so poorly...obviously needs alot of work and definitely AWD to go as it should :)

Even in a straight line, a GT-R with alot less power and alot more weight will kill it :)

Wraith
4th June 2008, 09:21 AM
i was just going to say i swear i saw that VW in season 10!!!

Sorry guys, I assumed it was the new season because it's airing on Monday nights, as opposed to the re-runs that were showing on Saturday nights here in Melb. :)

Also I havn't seen that episode before, so that also made me think it was the new series...

I can't wait for season 11 either, I believe that is the one that will feature a couple of shows with the R35 GT-R :dance:

Ice
4th June 2008, 09:41 AM

nah its not series 11 will be 10 or lower, i saw that about a year ago when i was in the UK. We are talking about the white V12 golf right which they rushed for some Volkswagon convention.

GreyRex
4th June 2008, 10:16 AM
The very last episode in this season aired in the UK a few days before christmas last year. I've downloaded them all. I think theres 10 eps as well as a great Polar special (don't know if they'll show it).

Won't give anything away for this season, apart from the Stigs African cousin lol

Apex
4th June 2008, 11:27 AM
Ironically here in NZ we are half way through this latest season and the channel its on is Australian owned! We get all the good shit first, im sure you guys use NZ as a test bed :confused:

Ours screens on Prime (your channel 9) on Sunday nights (it’s on Sundays in the UK Too) and the last episode had the awesome M5 Touring!

Ice
4th June 2008, 11:28 AM
The very last episode in this season aired in the UK a few days before christmas last year. I've downloaded them all. I think theres 10 eps as well as a great Polar special (don't know if they'll show it).

Won't give anything away for this season, apart from the Stigs African cousin lol

yes haha that was an awesome episode ! or the crossing of the English channel in a Hilux ;)

poita
4th June 2008, 12:44 PM
for all those not in the know, please check here :)
http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

oh btw the new season kicks off in the UK on 22nd June :D:D:D
CANT WAIT!!!

GreyRex
4th June 2008, 02:13 PM
for all those not in the know, please check here :)
http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

oh btw the new season kicks off in the UK on 22nd June :D:D:D
CANT WAIT!!!

Are you serious?:) :) :) So brand new season 11 will air in the UK then??

I thought they'd be airing it later in the year...

rusole21
4th June 2008, 02:35 PM
I like what he said at the end of that review. "so if you want a slow car that looks like a Golf, get a Golf." haha

Wraith
4th June 2008, 03:41 PM
I like what he said at the end of that review. "so if you want a slow car that looks like a Golf, get a Golf." haha

I thought that was funny too, but also a bit harsh...the Gti's are no slouches :)

Dowie
4th June 2008, 03:59 PM
I thought that was funny too, but also a bit harsh...the Gti's are no slouches :)

I've never driven a GTI or even a R32 but would love to someday.
With the v6, 320nm and that gearbox (DSG or whatever they call it) in the R32 it must go eh?

GreyRex
4th June 2008, 04:47 PM
I've never driven a GTI or even a R32 but would love to someday.
With the v6, 320nm and that gearbox (DSG or whatever they call it) in the R32 it must go eh?

Surprisingly it's not that much faster, purely because of a heavier V6 and all wheel drive

But sounds horn

HappySlapper82
4th June 2008, 06:10 PM
Are you serious?:) :) :) So brand new season 11 will air in the UK then??

I thought they'd be airing it later in the year...

I thought Top Gear UK was finished? Didn't Jeremy say in the last episode that an Australian company had bought Top Gear? I thought the next series was going to be Top Gear Australia season one? Am I wrong?:confused:

bornwild
4th June 2008, 06:13 PM
I thought Top Gear UK was finished? Didn't Jeremy say in the last episode that an Australian company had bought Top Gear? I thought the next series was going to be Top Gear Australia season one? Am I wrong?:confused:

Yes you're wrong, thank God.:p

HappySlapper82
4th June 2008, 06:18 PM
Yes you're wrong, thank God.:p

What was the competition on sbs to be the third Man in the series all about then?

bornwild
4th June 2008, 06:21 PM
What was the competition on sbs to be the third Man in the series all about then?

Promotional stunt if ya' ask me.

HappySlapper82
4th June 2008, 06:25 PM
Promotional stunt if ya' ask me.

I just checked out sbs.com.au/television# and clicked on the sneak peak tv tab, and according to that website they are airing "Top Gear Australia" later this year

immenotu
4th June 2008, 06:29 PM

Australia got a license to film a Top Gear series of our own. The UK one is still going too.

The comp was to get the hosts for our version :)

HappySlapper82
4th June 2008, 06:32 PM
Australia got a license to film a Top Gear series of our own. The UK one is still going too.

The comp was to get the hosts for our version :)

Spewin! It would have been funny seeing Jeremy in a commonwhore! :D

GreyRex
4th June 2008, 06:35 PM
Spewin! It would have been funny seeing Jeremy in a commonwhore! :D

Wait for an episode later in this season and you will:p

reedaaron
4th June 2008, 06:37 PM
seen it already :p only it was the vxr8... and he put on an aussie accent while he threw it around the track...

quite entertaining actually :D

poita
4th June 2008, 07:03 PM
yer he loved it, was a good episode that one
alsot eh one where they where doin 100ft wide donuts on the beach witht he jag and beemer from memory

poita
24th June 2008, 06:51 PM
ok so instead of starting a new thread, i thought i'd add it here
the real new season of top gear has begun!
the new episode, ep1 season 11, aired on sunday night.
it is available on torrent now :D
woooooooooo

immenotu
24th June 2008, 06:52 PM
6 hours till download complete :D

poita
24th June 2008, 07:33 PM
i d/l it alst night gonna watch it soon
i do know it has a calibra in it :D

rjastra
24th June 2008, 10:49 PM
i d/l it alst night gonna watch it soon