PDA

View Full Version : Had it coming...

bornwild
28th May 2008, 11:37 PM
Video of the crash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjfd8AW-ais&feature=related

Pics of the aftermath...
http://funtasticus.com/20070727/absolutely-shocking/

Was just browsing youtube and stumbled upon this :)

OPC
28th May 2008, 11:43 PM
hmmmmm

Corsa_Rob
29th May 2008, 12:10 AM
Was going to say 'speed kills', but perhaps 'excessive speed kills' is better :eek:

Ice
29th May 2008, 12:24 AM
what a twat !

Vectracious
29th May 2008, 05:51 AM
where the guys in the Merc their mates, or were just randomly street racing with them.... if they were my mates, the last thing I would think of doing is uploading that vid on youtube....

Wraith
29th May 2008, 08:45 AM
What a group of absolute f#*#*#g dickheads !!!!!!!!!

Agree with the above - viewing material like this should be pulled from public viewing :mad:

It's fair to say, if they're dead, they deserved it - only hope no innocent people were hurt in the process ! (didn't bother viewing the 2nd vid).........

btm
29th May 2008, 09:10 AM
It's fair to say, if they're dead, they deserved it - only hope no innocent people were hurt in the process !

Shocking car accident happened today near Moscow (Russia) where a white BMW crashed into a gas tank truck at approx. 150-200 kph (93.2 - 125 mph). The truck exploded and then burned down. 3 guys from the BMW were found dead. Moreover, the actual moment of the accident was caught on camera by people in the car which followed the BMW. Please, drive carefully!

Update (July 29): the gas tanker drivers survived (there were two of them).

Ice
29th May 2008, 09:21 AM
What a group of absolute f#*#*#g dickheads !!!!!!!!!

Agree with the above - viewing material like this should be pulled from public viewing :mad:

It's fair to say, if they're dead, they deserved it - only hope no innocent people were hurt in the process ! (didn't bother viewing the 2nd vid).........

nobody deserves to die like that. I think the driver was irresponsible and a total ****wit to put his mates at risk and the guys in the merc should also be fined for spurring the other car on.

what a waste of lives...

CNBLU
29th May 2008, 09:37 AM
nobody deserves to die like that. I think the driver was irresponsible and a total ****wit to put his mates at risk and the guys in the merc should also be fined for spurring the other car on.

what a waste of lives...

+1 ;)

Wraith
29th May 2008, 10:01 AM

what a waste of lives...

Ok agreed, nobody deserves to die like that - but I also think it's fair to say they were gambling with their lives by committing such stupid behaviour so the result is not surprising...don't know about you, but I certainly cannot feel sorry for them !!! in fact I'd be angry if they also killed other innocent people who had nothing to do with the whole thing - that would be the true tragedy in cases like this...

bornwild
29th May 2008, 02:42 PM
Yeap, big gamble with life and they lost out. Oh well...I'm glad the truck drivers are OK :)

Dave
30th May 2008, 03:11 AM
I see this kind of stupid behavior just about every saturday night. And a couple of crashes. If they survive its a good reminder not to do it again.

Wraith
30th May 2008, 09:13 AM
I see this kind of stupid behavior just about every saturday night. And a couple of crashes. If they survive its a good reminder not to do it again.

And hopefully no innocents are injured or killed ! I've seen 1st hand what it's like to loose loved ones from road accidents like this - it's not pleasant to say the least :mad:

Thing is, alot of these stupid arsewipes keep doing it, totally brainless, the World could do without these sort f#*#*#g morons :mad:

USC
30th May 2008, 09:43 AM
This video makes me feel sick. I wonder what caused the crash?

btm
30th May 2008, 09:45 AM
This video makes me feel sick. I wonder what caused the crash?

stupidity comes to mind...

Keep'emRunning
30th May 2008, 09:49 AM
I bet if that bimmer had abs & esp it might've been a different outcome altogether.

But irresponsible behaviour like that would've caught up with him eventually, no matter what car he drove... ie the law of averages.

Wraith
30th May 2008, 10:34 AM
I bet if that bimmer had abs & esp it might've been a different outcome altogether.

But irresponsible behaviour like that would've caught up with him eventually, no matter what car he drove... ie the law of averages.

Don't know about that ???

The odometer of the Merc is nearly clocked and the Beemer spead past alot faster again - at those speeds and in that situation on that vid, with an oncomming vehicle that close and things happening that quickly, I don't think abs, esp etc. would have helped at all !

It's certainly a case of idiotic brainless behaviour and as I've stated before, they also endangered the lives of everybody else around them...at least in this case, some of them won't be around to do it again...

CNBLU
30th May 2008, 11:06 AM
dont know if the esp & abs can do much at 220-240km/h.

Think its just down to plain human error.

bornwild
30th May 2008, 11:09 AM
I'm with Ange on this one. No ESP would have helped there...They still would have slid just about enough to hit oncoming traffic.

USC
30th May 2008, 11:23 AM
idiots..yeh, esp, traction control, air bags..etc would have been useless at that speed. I wonder how powerful that Beemer would have been to overtake the Merc so quickly. It was a wagon too:eek:

Keep'emRunning
30th May 2008, 02:42 PM
probably right but esp/tc may have minimised the sideways slide and prevented him crossing to the other side.. pure conjecture of course.

Was the merc in the vid slowing down and the bimmer just flew past at his current speed? Sure seemed to stop quick after the accident.

Tigra
30th May 2008, 02:55 PM
Two words: "Dont Speed".

gman
30th May 2008, 03:03 PM
at those speeds, all the electronic driver aids in the world would not have helped..

Metal gets pretty pliable with those sorts of impact forces....

Dave
30th May 2008, 05:43 PM
It looked like the rears diped off into the dirt, he may of made it other wise. And it seems he didnt try and counter the slide. But you cant realy tell, he could of had it full lock, but it was a bit to late when the rear overtook the front.