PDA

View Full Version : Troy Critchley Petition

poita
27th May 2008, 11:12 PM
For those who dont know Troy is facing serious charges in the US.
he was driving a drag car at a demonstration, which unfortunatly killed some ppl.
this petition will help troy in his plight.

http://www.teambrayracing.com/newsite/CoolStuff/petition.php?msg=ADD

bornwild
27th May 2008, 11:47 PM
Based on what theory do they sue him?? Didn't something go wrong with the car or something??

SSS_Hoon
28th May 2008, 06:02 AM
they are suing him, as he was told when to stop doing the burnout as there was no saftey barriers further up(organisers fault) and he didnt stop when told to.

He is also beeing charged with manslaughter on 6 counts i think it was.

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
28th May 2008, 08:25 AM
For a moment there, I thought you were talking about 'Troy' from the Cali forum LOL :D was thinking, what the heck is he doing draging in the States LOL...

In this case, I believe petition or not, the law will do what it has set out to do, he's at their mercy, that's the way it works over there in the U.S.

blueraven
28th May 2008, 09:17 AM
from what i have read previously its a load of crap, and almost completely the organisers fault.

Having said that, doing a burnout in a car with god knows how many thousands of horsepower with a crowd of people a few metres either side of you aint exactly the smartest thing to do (though i have also read that he was told to do it by his management...)

bornwild
28th May 2008, 02:26 PM
How many people got killed?

btm
28th May 2008, 02:34 PM
5 or 6 from memory

bornwild
28th May 2008, 02:35 PM
Well **** Troy then...he kills that many people, let them kill him.

No matter what the situation is, he was at the wheel. ****ing idiot, killing 6 people...

oneightoo
28th May 2008, 03:08 PM
Well **** Troy then...he kills that many people, let them kill him.

No matter what the situation is, he was at the wheel. ****ing idiot, killing 6 people...

by that logic, anyone who'se ever been at the wheel of a car and has somehow had an "accident" and killed someone should be killed? or at least sent to prison?

interesting.... :p

poita
28th May 2008, 06:10 PM
i didnt post this up for you to whinge/bitch carry on about right or wrong.
wats happened has happened.
the petition is for those, ie me, who beleive he should be supported by the Aussie gov in his defence due to the circumstances of the incident.

if you dont like wat happened, i dont give a ****.
post it somewhere else

OPC
28th May 2008, 11:29 PM
i didnt post this up for you to whinge/bitch carry on about right or wrong.
wats happened has happened.
the petition is for those, ie me, who beleive he should be supported by the Aussie gov in his defence due to the circumstances of the incident.

if you dont like wat happened, i dont give a ****.
post it somewhere else

well said...

bornwild
28th May 2008, 11:39 PM
by that logic, anyone who'se ever been at the wheel of a car and has somehow had an "accident" and killed someone should be killed? or at least sent to prison?

interesting.... :p

He was sitting at the wheel doing a dangerous thing in a hazardous environment. Noone put a gun to his head and forced him to do it.

Imagine what the parents, brothers and sisters of the victims feel.

And no, I don't want my tax money to go into financing his legal aid.:cool:

OPC
28th May 2008, 11:44 PM
And no, I don't want my tax money to go into financing his legal aid.:cool:

why not ? you already give it to junkies to shoot it into their arms...

MitchSRi
29th May 2008, 11:56 PM
Alot of people with alot of mis information here.

Read about it here:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/burnout-king-on-six-drag-death-counts/2008/03/21/1205602661790.html

There are videos online showing what happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxtQ2tMTf4

For starters you dont put a friggin car like that on a PUBLIC ROAD for a burnout comp. Looks to be a Top Doorslammer style vehicle. You are talking 2000-3000hp last time I looked, and that is too much to have on the roads.

It should NOT have been held on public roads, the safety precautions were laxing, and the organisers are to blame if anyone.

He has been made a scapegoat and it sucks.

Dave
30th May 2008, 03:23 AM
What were the organisers thinking ? I just watched the vid, IF they had on ounce of public safety, they wouldnt of done that. I say blame the organisers, but also the driver was a dickhead doing it in a setting like that regardles of wether or not he was told to. Its was also unfotunat he couldnt hold it, other wise it woulda been a sweet skid :D

But hey, it looks like a big mess caused by neglect on there part.

SSS_Hoon
30th May 2008, 06:05 AM
Yeah it is the promotors fault 100% agree, and they are making him a scapegoat.

They are saying that he was told to stop at a certain point (where the armco stopped) and he didnt he kept going. He said the car was faulty and he tried to stop but couldnt stop as the accel was stuck. They investigated the car and found nothing wrong and from the recording on the car they found out that he went further then was told to. (from what i was told)

So they are saying its his fault. Sad but that is the US legal system.

SSS_Hoon

MitchSRi
30th May 2008, 05:13 PM
It seems like those prosecuting/charging him are clueless though.

You just can't stop a 3000+hp Funny Car / Door Slammer on a 5 cent piece.

If you read the article I posted you'll notice it was commented that the road had bad camber on it, thus why the car pulled to the side.

So yes he should have stopped, but you can't pull up a car like that very quickly (note he didnt deploy chutes which is the main way those cars pull up).

BUT then he shouldnt have driven it if he felt it was unsafe to do there.

BUT the council and organisers should NOT have allowed the event to take place in such a poorly setup road/road related area, until they were 110% sure it'd be safe for all.

So in all honesty the buck lies with the organisers, and those that allowed the event to go ahead there.

bornwild
30th May 2008, 05:30 PM
You'd think in this day and age of 'healt and safety' they would have some logic...

KID_SRi
2nd June 2008, 05:20 PM
He's a Victim of Circumstance, It could have happened to any driver. The road conditions were shit, So when 5000 Brut HP hit the road its going to be hard to hang to @ the best of times.