PDA

View Full Version : Z20LET Performance Parts

Groover
13th July 2004, 08:26 PM
Have been looking through the Regal Auto-Sports site (http://www.regal-shop.co.uk) in the UK. Has anyone ever bought anything from these guys? Does anyone know if there are similar products available for the Z20LET here in Oz.

Of particular interest is the custom Silicon induction hose kits and the EDS powerpipe (with BOV fitting). Of course I could get the plumbing welded up locally from Aluminium or stainless tubing but their stuff looks like it is finished nicely and reasonably high quality.

I have emailed them twice now about purchasing their stuff but have yet to receive a reply.... not very impressed. They seem very expensive also.

Jass
14th July 2004, 06:55 AM
There very slow at responding. Your better off trying to courtney and they are also cheaper then regal. In regards to fitting kits for a BOV just get the pipe made up here, dont waste your money buying from the UK it will cost double what you would pay here.

Matt Smith
18th July 2004, 02:33 AM
Forget Regal. They have a bad reputation in the UK with many customers.

Courtenay are your best bet. Everything on my car has been done by Courtenay and after 13 years of dealing with them, I can't fault them.

Even have me and my Zaffy on their Website going round Silverstone!!!! :D

Be very carefull of the EDS Power pipe. They take out all the flexibility in the boost pipe and can cause radiator mounts bending. the New Astra H inlet pipe is thebest bet. I have one fitted to my Zafira. heres a pic :-

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/cars/VAUXHALL/5250.JPG

I asked Vauxhall why they had added the solid centre section to the turbo engines on the new Astra's. They said to stableise the boost pressure as there was too much fluctuation with the standard boost pipe.

I have to say the car drives a little better with this new assembly.

ultim8DTM5
19th July 2004, 08:19 AM
So whens the Vectra going in for a boosting Matt? :P

Matt Smith
19th July 2004, 04:27 PM
It is'nt. I opted out of the company car scheme and bought my own. So the company pays me by the mile. Which at present makes me a nice little profit each month. So if I keep the Deisel standard it will be better on the fuel.

But I did here that the new Astra H 3dr will be out with the 150bhp 1.9 CDTi. I might be tempted with that!!!

BoostedAstra
20th July 2004, 10:36 AM
Matt,

Whats the chance of getting this new pipe work here in Oz(from astra h)
Had a look at the courtenay website, but couldn't see the whole thing(at work)
If so I would be very keen to get this shipped out, thanks in advance for your help

Julian

Jass
20th July 2004, 10:41 AM
Julian it will be intresting to see the price on this pipe. I got mine made up by my local exhaust shop and it costed me only 140 bucks. Mind you make sure that they leave enough space on it to allow the thing to flex, otherwise the clips (mounts) on the radiator could snap when the motor is moving fwd's and back.

Matt Smith
20th July 2004, 05:03 PM
The 3 section boost pipe from the Astra H is £38 UK. You should be able to order this through your Holden dealer.

BoostedAstra
21st July 2004, 08:20 AM
I'm calling holden today, If i get a positive response, will post here and let you know how i go...

Julian

BoostedAstra
21st July 2004, 01:53 PM
Matt,

Don't suppose you have a part number at all?

Julian

BoostedAstra
21st July 2004, 03:59 PM
guys,

spoke with Holden, They don't have part numbers for this, and can't obtain it..... They don't seem to know much about the new H, was told the turbo engine will be avail in oz in 2 months :roll: , when i questioned them on this, i was told best to call vauxhall and get part number, they said they shouldn't have any problems from there.....

Lets hope we can get a part number holden will recognize....

Julian

Jass
21st July 2004, 04:05 PM
Holden have NFI about alot of things! :screwy:

ultim8DTM5
21st July 2004, 08:09 PM
Depends if the person you ask is passionate about their job and has their finger on the pulse or not

Matt Smith
23rd July 2004, 03:22 AM
The part number is as follows :-

Your Holden dealer should be able to get this for you, it may take a while but I see no reason for not getting it.

BoostedAstra
23rd July 2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks very much Matt,

Now awaiting Holdens ok for the delivery to Oz.

Fingers crossed, hopefully will be able to post a cost or at least eta this arvo

Julian

BoostedAstra
26th July 2004, 04:49 PM
Hey Guys,

Just got word back from Holden. Was told the only way to get this part is in the UK. They won't deliver from UK to OZ, when asked why I was told there won't be a turbo model released here in Oz for now(approx next 12-24 months outlook) So i guess this is good and bad.... Bad we can't get a revised part here but good that at this point holden does not have a new SriT in the pipe line, which means my lil beast is going to hold its value a lil better.....

BA(julian)

ultim8DTM5
26th July 2004, 05:12 PM
You mean time to sell this one in time for the new one :twisted:

BoostedAstra
27th July 2004, 08:30 AM
ultim8DTM5:

Got it in one!!!