PDA

View Full Version : Ford Mondeo

Wraith
23rd May 2008, 09:43 AM
Tried to find the previous thread on this car, but it's too far back...

Just wanted to report that I checked one of these out this morning up close and personal (an XR5 model brought in by a visiting engineer from another company) exterior and interior, pity I didn't get a chance to drive it, all I can say is I'm impressed...

It was a dark blue one, the colour suited it very well, everything about it seemed very good, the interior quality and finish is superb, lots of kit there too and the outside lines look great, very neat boot spoiler, it really is a very good looking car up close and it's fitted with a very nice set of factory mags - damn nice car :)

SSS_Hoon
23rd May 2008, 09:44 AM
yeah we too were inpressed with it indeed, more so then the focus XR5.

the boot space is immense aint it.

SSS_Hoon

btm
23rd May 2008, 09:45 AM
i've seen a few on the road an they look great IMO

Ishley
23rd May 2008, 09:52 AM
Agreed they are a nice car. I love the screen in the centre on the dash cluster!

But dont like the droppy exhaust pipes, thought Ford could have finished them off a bit better. Apart from that i think they are great

xplosv57
23rd May 2008, 09:54 AM
Liked the look of the new Mondeo when it first was released, but now that i've been the identical looking Falcon, i think it's lost some appeal, for me anyways!!! Better than the previous model Mondeo though, big improvement!!!

http://image.carshowroom.autotrader.com.au/jato/photo400/AUS/FORD/MONDEO/2008/5HA.JPG
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2008/04/10/g6e_01_L_m.jpg

Wraith
23rd May 2008, 10:19 AM
Yes, definitely a huge improvement over the previous model...

That one above does look a little bland Steve, the XR5 model looks much better and more appealing than that one, especially in that blue colour :)

EL BURITO
23rd May 2008, 10:23 AM
there is one down here (a XR5) that is a Taxi.

have had a look at one in the dealer. so nice.

bornwild
23rd May 2008, 11:14 AM
Well, I've been saying it all along :p

You should drive one Ange...they're a charm!

As for the bootspace...it's actually bigger than the previous model Falcon's bootspace!

xplosv57
23rd May 2008, 11:19 AM
As for the bootspace...it's actually bigger than the previous model Falcon's bootspace!

Have they fixed the spare tyre bulge?

Absolutely sh*t me with my mate's BA/BFs, really should be flat, so much easier to load stuff in it!!!!

bornwild
23rd May 2008, 11:25 AM

Absolutely sh*t me with my mate's BA/BFs, really should be flat, so much easier to load stuff in it!!!!

The Mondeo is flat, the new Falcon still has it.....absolutely horrified when I saw it:o

EL BURITO
23rd May 2008, 12:19 PM

its a dip in the ones we have at work are a right pain in the ass

Orion_996
23rd May 2008, 01:40 PM
Mondeos look great, I really like the look of the XR5s, I was on an XR5 cruise with my mate not so long ago and there was a Black XR5 one there, looked fantastic, and yes huge boot.

The only thing for me is that that they seem undertyred. The 18"s look very small. With some 19"s or 20"s even it would look fantastic. Either way, its definitely on my shopping list for my next car, whenever that happens.

Wraith
23rd May 2008, 01:50 PM
Well, I've been saying it all along :p

You should drive one Ange...they're a charm!

I agree BW, I think even on the other thread, I did say said they looked good, but today was the 1st opportunity I've had to look at one in the metal and up close, still taken by it you know, I wouldn't mind one at all as an everyday ride, in that 'ambition blue' colour, very nice :)

I'd do what Orion's suggested and fit a set of bigger wheels, lower her a little, nice twin exhausts changes, a re-map/piggy ecu and bolt ons and walla, your set :)

USC
23rd May 2008, 02:05 PM
The xr5 turbo is the only good looking mondeo..the rest of the range is bland. I dont like how ford has adopted the wheel design from the astra though...:mad: ..they should come up with their own design.

bornwild
23rd May 2008, 03:03 PM
The snow-flake design?

Man I can't even keep track who used that first since everyone is using it....lol

SSS_Hoon
23rd May 2008, 03:35 PM
the astra adopted the design from Lambo didnt they?

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
23rd May 2008, 04:00 PM
The xr5 turbo is the only good looking mondeo..the rest of the range is bland. I dont like how ford has adopted the wheel design from the astra though...:mad: ..they should come up with their own design.

+1 Agree, as I pointed out in response to Steve's post, the XR5 hatch model is the one :)

As for the mags design, I think the 1st I ever saw that was on the Lambos as SSSHoons pointed out...

I think the XR5 Focus and Astra both started using this design around the same time, either way, they've both copied it from someone else LOL :)

HappySlapper82
23rd May 2008, 06:31 PM
Tried to find the previous thread on this car, but it's too far back...

Just wanted to report that I checked one of these out this morning up close and personal (an XR5 model brought in by a visiting engineer from another company) exterior and interior, pity I didn't get a chance to drive it, all I can say is I'm impressed...

It was a dark blue one, the colour suited it very well, everything about it seemed very good, the interior quality and finish is superb, lots of kit there too and the outside lines look great, very neat boot spoiler, it really is a very good looking car up close and it's fitted with a very nice set of factory mags - damn nice car :)

Did you happen to check out the new Falcon while you were there? I've had the oppertunity to see one. I was gob-smacked :eek: About the same size as a Mondeo in fact in some cases I would say the mondeo is bigger :eek: I'm thinking that an xr6 turbo in a car that size will be freakin sweet!

dieselhead
23rd May 2008, 09:04 PM
The new Mondeo is wider and has a longer wheelbase than the new Falcon. As said already, the boot is massive. Why would you buy a Falcodore as a family car when you can get an XR5 or the Diesel-both much easier on fuel and with more space?

USC
23rd May 2008, 09:46 PM
The new Mondeo is wider and has a longer wheelbase than the new Falcon. As said already, the boot is massive. Why would you buy a Falcodore as a family car when you can get an XR5 or the Diesel-both much easier on fuel and with more space?

for speed:D

The XR5 turbo Mondeo is a slow car.

dieselhead
23rd May 2008, 10:20 PM
Oh, please, an XR5 is slow for a family car... What other car that size you can buy for $40k that will go like that? A vanilla Falcodore is not only slower to 100 km/h but when you get to corners is bye-bye Aussies :)
Yeah, a V8 or the XR6 Turbo is faster off the line but I'd think again before going that way now, when $200 per barrel of oil is looming.

USC
23rd May 2008, 10:46 PM
Oh, please, an XR5 is slow for a family car... What other car that size you can buy for $40k that will go like that? A vanilla Falcodore is not only slower to 100 km/h but when you get to corners is bye-bye Aussies :)
Yeah, a V8 or the XR6 Turbo is faster off the line but I'd think again before going that way now, when $200 per barrel of oil is looming.

an xr6 non turbo is faster.

dug74
24th May 2008, 12:36 AM
an xr6 non turbo is faster.

Is more expensive.

Will handle like a boat on the twisty mountain runs.

Will sell for about $15K in 2 or 3 years.

More expensive on fuel.

Make you wanna buy a Falcon...

I drove the XR5 Mondeo before the official release (helps when you know ppl in higher places)

The car was a little slower than the XR5 Focus, as you would expect being same engine with a bit more weight.

The most impressive thing was it handled better on the road and gave a better stance on the corners than the Focus.

Its not always about speed.....its about comfort and style.

If you wanted speed....get a real performance sedan (BMW M5). :dance:

Happy Motoring
DUG74

USC
24th May 2008, 06:14 PM
I would get a mazda 6 over a Mondeo if I did not want a turbo ( I would also get an M6 mps if I wanted a turbo family car). Are they bringing out an mps version of the new M6?

xplosv57
24th May 2008, 06:21 PM
There are conflicting reports on the MPS6, has posted slow sales but there are rumours that Mazda will produce a new generation one, whether it comes to Aus is another story!!! And the MPS has a turbo..........

You would have to drive both and compare the Mondeo and Mazda 6, they both seem like great cars, lineball in alot of aspects!!!

bornwild
24th May 2008, 06:40 PM
They're both based on exactly the same chassis so you'd expect them to be quite similar :)

dug74
24th May 2008, 06:53 PM
They're both based on exactly the same chassis so you'd expect them to be quite similar :)

The Mazda 3, Ford Focus and Volvo S40 are based on the same chassis as well..yet all cars are totally different in feel and performance.

Mazda 6 uses the CD3 2 platform now...not the same as Mondeo.

Mondeo and Volvo use a smaller platform EUCD (european CD) or Volvo P24.

The Mazda 6 platform is larger to make room for the 2.5L and V6 engines.

Happy Motoring
duglet

CD = C/D class platform.

USC
24th May 2008, 06:59 PM
The Mazda 3, Ford Focus and Volvo S40 are based on the same chassis as well..yet all cars are totally different in feel and performance.

Mazda 6 uses the CD3 2 platform now...not the same as Mondeo.

Mondeo and Volvo use a smaller platform EUCD (european CD) or Volvo P24.

The Mazda 6 platform is larger to make room for the 2.5L and V6 engines.

Happy Motoring
duglet

CD = C/D class platform.

V6 M6...hmmm.....:D . Why dont we get this here??

GreyRex
24th May 2008, 07:03 PM
V6 M6...hmmm.....:D . Why dont we get this here??

Would price it out of our market apparently

dug74
24th May 2008, 07:10 PM
The 3.7L V6 ford cyclone engine sourced from the CX-9..to be exact is only for the North American market.

This is the main reason the MPS6 was canned...becoz the major buyer was the US market and they didnt want a new MPS6 becoz a 2.5L T4 wouldnt sell well against the current model V6 range. <American thinking>

But...after a few shots of the new MPS6 were shown...Mazda in Japan maybe rethinking this idea.

I personally would buy a new MPS6 if released, but then again the new Mazda 3 spyshots are out and I might wait for the MPS3 with the 2.5L turbo and (maybe) AWD.

Happy Motoring
duglet

USC
24th May 2008, 07:30 PM
The 3.7L V6 ford cyclone engine sourced from the CX-9..to be exact is only for the North American market.

This is the main reason the MPS6 was canned...becoz the major buyer was the US market and they didnt want a new MPS6 becoz a 2.5L T4 wouldnt sell well against the current model V6 range. <American thinking>

But...after a few shots of the new MPS6 were shown...Mazda in Japan maybe rethinking this idea.

I personally would buy a new MPS6 if released, but then again the new Mazda 3 spyshots are out and I might wait for the MPS3 with the 2.5L turbo and (maybe) AWD.

Happy Motoring
duglet

hey, have you got spyshots of the new M3? can you please post them?:) I might be interested in a new 3 MPS when they come out.

bloody stooopid americans..why do they have a say in everything?? The 6 MPS would be amazing...all wheel drive + turbo...:D

dug74
24th May 2008, 08:01 PM
Joshua Gliddon, drive.com.au, May 21, 2008

A sneak peek reveals Mazda's next-generation small car that is expected to add more power and more style for 2009.

It may look more like a mobile tent than a car, but underneath all that camouflage is the new Mazda3 sedan.

Insiders say the new Mazda3 is due around mid-2009, bringing some fresh metal to the intensely competitive small-car class.

Although the drab camouflage is effective at masking the new Mazda3’s styling, it’s possible to see a large set of projector headlights at the front, aggressively angled tail-lights, and dual exhaust pipes. The exhaust set-up suggests the Mazda3 could follow the lead of the Mazda6 in having an exhaust on each side of the car.

Mazda is expected to continue its two-pronged bodystyle line-up, with unique styling for the sedan and hatch (unusually, the Mazda3 sedan and hatch that launched in 2004 don't share any panels, even at the front of the car).

Don't be surprised to see some design cues from the stylish, new Mazda6 that launched recently in Australia.

The current Mazda3 and Ford Focus share the same underpinnings, and the new 3 is expected to sit on the slightly longer, next-generation C1 platform that will underpin the all-new Focus to be built in Australia from 2011.

Under the bonnet of the new Mazda3 expect a revised version of the successful 2.0-litre engine, bringing improvements to power and, crucially, slight reductions in fuel consumption. The sportier version of the Mazda3 is likely to adopt the 2.5-litre engine from the latest Mazda6, in the process picking up the SP25 moniker. A range-topping MPS hot-hatch is again likely to feature in the range, launching in 2010.

Although the photos don’t show the new 3's interior, our spies snagged a look inside the new Mazda3 and saw buttons for heated seats, as well as a six-speed manual gearbox and a sound system with a built in hard drive.

There was also a satellite radio - the car was sprung testing in America - but it would not feature on cars coming to Australia due to the lack of satellite radio service in this region.

As reported by Drive, the Mazda3 is the most popular privately purchased car in Australia, outselling the Holden Commodore, Ford Falcon and Toyota Corolla.

Mazda will be looking to a sportier and more stylish 3 to maintain popularity with a host of forthcoming rivals, such as the next-generation versions of the Volkswagen Golf and Holden Astra (both 2009) and Ford Focus (2010).

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=52683&vf=12

Mazda 6 MPS

http://210.8.18.32/motoring/news_reports/mazda6-mps-atenza.htm

http://210.8.18.32/motoring/images/mazda6-mps-atenza-mazdaspeed-2-big.jpg

http://210.8.18.32/motoring/images/mazda6-mps-atenza-mazdaspeed-1-big.jpg

Now back on topic...hmmm Mondeo:dance:

Happy Motoring
duglet

USC
25th May 2008, 12:01 AM
AWESOME! mazda`s = sex on wheels!!:D cant wait for the new 3`s!!

dieselhead
25th May 2008, 10:35 AM
Well, I'm still with Clarkson on this one... Mazda 6 is still like a supermodel girlfriend with a beard due to the ugly front grill :)

USC
25th May 2008, 01:24 PM
Well, I'm still with Clarkson on this one... Mazda 6 is still like a supermodel girlfriend with a beard due to the ugly front grill :)

Clarkson is a tool (even though I like top gear) and you might be one too. He is 100% biased against any japanese car.

Each to their own, I think the front grille looks much better than any vauxhall ones. sharp and mean.

Wraith
26th May 2008, 11:55 AM
WOW that new concept MPS 6 is gorgeous :)

I'm very keen to see the final result of the new MPS 3, if it's styled along the lines of the new 6, it'll be a stunning looking car, if it also has alot more power and AWD, that would be irresistable :) hopefully Mazda do a sedan as well this time :)

SSS_Hoon
26th May 2008, 12:09 PM
im waiting on the MPS2 as heard it may actually be coming here.

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
26th May 2008, 12:56 PM
im waiting on the MPS2 as heard it may actually be coming here.

SSS_Hoon

This one should be a pocket rocket for sure :)

Probably be a good choice also for people who wanted a VXR Corsa, if we never see them in this Country ???

rjastra
26th May 2008, 03:37 PM
New MPS6 - i think quite unlikely. A top spec Mazda 6 is in the late 40K!! That would push an AWD turbo version close to $60K. Mazda couldn't sell the last one so....

A V6 version for Australia is also unlikely as Honda can easily undercut it with the new Accord V6 (built in Thailand - tarrif free)

An inside source suggests that the new 6 isn't selling as well as expected simply because it is too expensive. The new car is heavier, slower and more expensive than the 4 yr old AWD Liberty (is that progress??)

RE: MOndeo Xr5. I think you will find that a XR6 (non-turbo) is faster and cheaper. And from all reports the sports suspension Ford optioned on the Xr5 is bone jarringly hard on Australian roads.

USC
26th May 2008, 05:30 PM
New MPS6 - i think quite unlikely. A top spec Mazda 6 is in the late 40K!! That would push an AWD turbo version close to $60K. Mazda couldn't sell the last one so....

A V6 version for Australia is also unlikely as Honda can easily undercut it with the new Accord V6 (built in Thailand - tarrif free)

An inside source suggests that the new 6 isn't selling as well as expected simply because it is too expensive. The new car is heavier, slower and more expensive than the 4 yr old AWD Liberty (is that progress??)

RE: MOndeo Xr5. I think you will find that a XR6 (non-turbo) is faster and cheaper. And from all reports the sports suspension Ford optioned on the Xr5 is bone jarringly hard on Australian roads.

yep, I mentioned that an XR6 NA would be faster but people still think it will handle like a boat.

I think the Accord V6 looks like an ugly dog. It looks kinda like a Hyundai Sonata...anyways..that`s my opinion...some people might like it.

New M6 is definitely overpriced....but not slower than a Camry sportivo or any camry...:p Whats the 0-100 time for the new M6 manual? which liberty are you comparing against? 2L, 2.5L or turbo ones??

sooty
26th May 2008, 05:36 PM
New M6 is definitely overpriced....but not slower than a Camry sportivo or any camry...:p Whats the 0-100 time for the new M6 manual?

Are we talking about the 5L V10 beamer lol....or did you mean the mps6?:confused:

USC
26th May 2008, 07:43 PM
Are we talking about the 5L V10 beamer lol....or did you mean the mps6?:confused:

MZ6:D ..too lazy to type.

rjastra
26th May 2008, 11:28 PM
yep, I mentioned that an XR6 NA would be faster but people still think it will handle like a boat.

I think the Accord V6 looks like an ugly dog. It looks kinda like a Hyundai Sonata...anyways..that`s my opinion...some people might like it.

New M6 is definitely overpriced....but not slower than a Camry sportivo or any camry...:p Whats the 0-100 time for the new M6 manual? which liberty are you comparing against? 2L, 2.5L or turbo ones??

They think the new FG Xr6 handles like a boat? What have you been reading - lol

The Accord V6 is incredible value for money and BIG (like the mondeo)

0-100 : Mazda 6 9.1 sec, Liberty 2.5L 8.6sec, Mondeo Xr5 7.5

dug74
26th May 2008, 11:43 PM

0 - 100: Mazda MPS6 <old skool> 6.3sec.

New one will have more power...and probably less weight (mazda gram for gram idea)

After reading....saying under 6 secs.

So you really cant compare a XR5 Mondeo...more the base models.

The new XR6...probably has better handling than before....but its no mountain runner.

Happy Motoring
duglet

bornwild
27th May 2008, 12:43 AM
I'm fairly certain this thread is about the Mondeo guys...keep your fanboism about other marques in a Mazda thread.

USC
27th May 2008, 01:10 AM

mate, you should read the review about the new MZ6 in wheels mag (june2008)before you speak..it outperforms the honda accord and the liberty 2.5 and 3.0R manual! Cant compare the MZ6 classic to a Mondeo XR5..wait until the new MPS 6 comes out...:D

8.6 Sec is for the 2.5i liberty Heritage manual (which has less accessories than the MZ6 classic). all other 2.5 liberty manual models are 9.3, 9.5 etc....according to wheels magazine.

And to top it all, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!The new Mazda 6 Manual does 0 to 100 in 8.0 secs:dance: !!!!!!! The MZ6 auto does 0-100 in 9.2secs. Mondeo XR5 does 0-100 in 7.5 secs for a manual...shame on ford..even with a turbo, they are only 0.5 secs faster than an N/A 2.5L mazda engine.

USC
27th May 2008, 01:19 AM
I'm fairly certain this thread is about the Mondeo guys...keep your fanboism about other marques in a Mazda thread.

some people (rjastra) are posting wrong facts on this forum ...

GreyRex
27th May 2008, 09:03 AM
[quote=USC;319886]Cant compare the MZ6 classic to a Mondeo XR5..wait until the new MPS 6 comes out...quote]

So then we're going to compare a 200kWish (not confirmed)all wheel drive Mazda 6 MPS...

To a 162kW front wheel Mondeo XR5??

I think not. I would have thought the Mazda 6 Classic or Luxury would have been a competitor to the XR5.

A mate of mine owns the current 6 MPS, and on a full throttle launch, either an XR5 Mondeo (or XR5 Focus for the matter), wouldn't have a hope in hell

Mid range it'll kill it too... 380nm actually is not far off V8 power to weight.

I can only imagine a new MPS 6 would be the same or better going by Mazda's current trends

rjastra
27th May 2008, 09:26 AM
some people (rjastra) are posting wrong facts on this forum ...

I think you need to make a retraction on that pea-brain :)

The test was from a recent article in Motor. The did a group test of the Liberty/Mazda6 and XR5. All MANUALS.

They are the figures they arrived at. Go argue with them.

8.6 Sec is for the 2.5i liberty Heritage manual (which has less accessories than the MZ6 classic). all other 2.5 liberty manual models are 9.3, 9.5 etc....according to wheels magazine.

Blow me down... a heritage has leather trim... does the Classic? (hint: go look it up for once!)

Remember the current Liberty has had an engine update. 127kW, on regular ULP, in a car much lighter than the MAzda 6.

As for someone suggesting that the new MPS6 (which you can bet wont appear) will be lighter than the old one... why? gram for gram? MAzda are having a LEND of the public! The new MAzda 6 is HEAVIER than the old model by 80kg!!!

USC
27th May 2008, 09:27 AM
[quote=USC;319886]Cant compare the MZ6 classic to a Mondeo XR5..wait until the new MPS 6 comes out...quote]

So then we're going to compare a 200kWish (not confirmed)all wheel drive Mazda 6 MPS...

I think not. I would have thought the Mazda 6 Classic or Luxury would have been a competitor to the XR5.

A mate of mine owns the current 6 MPS, and on a full throttle launch, either an XR5 Mondeo (or XR5 Focus for the matter), wouldn't have a hope in hell

Mid range it'll kill it too... 380nm actually is not far off V8 power to weight.

I can only imagine a new MPS 6 would be the same or better going by Mazda's current trends

did you by any chance know that the XR5 mondeo is a 5 cylinder 2.5L engine turbo charges...i think it is fair to compare it against the 4 cylinder 2.3L turbo mazda engine. I am not talking about handling here..therefore all wheel drive does not count.

so.... to make it clear again...

New mazda 6 classic manual 4 cylinder 2.5L N/A: 0-100 in 8.0secs
mondeo xr5 5 cylinder turbo: 0- 100 in 7.5 secs
Old mazda 6 mps: 0-100 in 6.3secs

sooty
27th May 2008, 09:28 AM
I am not talking about handling here..therefore all wheel drive does not count.

pretty sure AWD makes a MASSIVE impact on 0-100 times lol...that whole wheelspin deal in FWD ain't too handy...

GreyRex
27th May 2008, 10:20 AM
[quote=Mizled_SRi-T;319920]

did you by any chance know that the XR5 mondeo is a 5 cylinder 2.5L engine turbo charges...i think it is fair to compare it against the 4 cylinder 2.3L turbo mazda engine. I am not talking about handling here..therefore all wheel drive does not count.

so.... to make it clear again...

New mazda 6 classic manual 4 cylinder 2.5L N/A: 0-100 in 8.0secs
mondeo xr5 5 cylinder turbo: 0- 100 in 7.5 secs
Old mazda 6 mps: 0-100 in 6.3secs

I'd say what you're saying is flawed mate. Lets just talk power down... full hard launches (which is the only thing you're talking about).

You go out with a front wheel drive 162kW XR5 Mondeo XR5 and launch it 0 - 100km as hard as you can...
Then go and do the same with a Mazda 6 MPS (with its 2.3L turbo, and AWD), which apparently doesn't enter into the equation. Even though it has 190kW/380nm

Oh and just for fun... do it in the pouring rain. Then come back and tell me (and all of us here that all wheel drive does not count).

The MPS will launch harder every single time. Therefore the two engines (in their relative cars) cannot be compared. Need more proof?? The same engine in the 3 MPS will do around 6.2 0 - 100km/h.

I know which one I (and everyone else) would want

Oh and the fact that i'm a member of the fordxr5turbo.com forum might have something to do with the fact that yes, i know the XR5 is a 5 cylinder

Tfer
27th May 2008, 11:09 AM
I was initially quite taken by the new Mondeo.... but in hindsight not a fan of how the wheels look tiny (and as you know, I prefer the stock ones on my rides), the rear end is a bit fiddly, and worst of all.... no full leather interior.... a Euro car without full leather ! :eek:

My 2 cents....

USC
27th May 2008, 11:33 AM
I think you need to make a retraction on that pea-brain :)

The test was from a recent article in Motor. The did a group test of the Liberty/Mazda6 and XR5. All MANUALS.

They are the figures they arrived at. Go argue with them.

Blow me down... a heritage has leather trim... does the Classic? (hint: go look it up for once!)

Remember the current Liberty has had an engine update. 127kW, on regular ULP, in a car much lighter than the MAzda 6.

As for someone suggesting that the new MPS6 (which you can bet wont appear) will be lighter than the old one... why? gram for gram? MAzda are having a LEND of the public! The new MAzda 6 is HEAVIER than the old model by 80kg!!!

Motor is flawed then. Wheel magazine mentioned different times (8.0 sec for both classic and luxury sport manual). Also, http://carshowroom.autotrader.com.au quoted 8 secs from 0-100 for mazda 6 classic manual..so BLOW ME.

I was talking about the 2008 Liberty. The heritage manual is the only one that does it under 9secs (8.6 secs). the others are heavy (2008 models)...except for 3.0SpecB and GT models... ok...i got it wrong with the Heritage having leather..but who cares, its still a slow car. im not interested in looking up a slow car.

USC
27th May 2008, 11:43 AM

wouldnt the mps be heavy with the AWD though?

how can u compare a N/A car(MZ6) to a turbo charged one(XR5)??:confused:

rjastra
27th May 2008, 12:57 PM
[quote=Mizled_SRi-T;319920]

wouldnt the mps be heavy with the AWD though?

how can u compare a N/A car(MZ6) to a turbo charged one(XR5)??:confused:

Easy... the XR5 is the top the mondeo range and the only manual. The MAzda 6 Luxury SPorts is the top of the 6 range. Ford seems to offer more for less $$$.

USC
27th May 2008, 01:39 PM
[quote=USC;319956]

Easy... the XR5 is the top the mondeo range and the only manual. The MAzda 6 Luxury SPorts is the top of the 6 range. Ford seems to offer more for less $$$.

Im willing to pay the extra $$ for a 6 MPS over a Mondeo XR5.

so you compare cars because they are the top of the range for each brand...:confused: :confused: . would you compare a Subaru Imprezza Sti vs a Nissan Tiida Q?? :wall: :wtf:

sooty
27th May 2008, 01:43 PM
Get the quotes right guys...you keep quoting the wrong people :p

SSS_Hoon
27th May 2008, 01:45 PM
the Tiida aint the top of the line LoL.

It's all personall taste, and i would take the Mondeo of the 6 MPS any day of the week for sure(MPS3 is another kettle of fish that is for sure).

The mazda 6 MPS should be compared with the likes of the VW R32 or the AUDI S3, but it wont as it stands no chance what so ever.

SSS_Hoon

USC
27th May 2008, 01:49 PM
the Tiida aint the top of the line LoL.

It's all personall taste, and i would take the Mondeo of the 6 MPS any day of the week for sure(MPS3 is another kettle of fish that is for sure).

The mazda 6 MPS should be compared with the likes of the VW R32 or the AUDI S3, but it wont as it stands no chance what so ever.

SSS_Hoon

You are a shit stirrer..arent you?:p

agree about personal taste...take whatever makes you happy...

The Tiida Q is the top of the line for Tiida model and the Sti is the top of the line for Imprezza model...what are you sniffing?

btm
27th May 2008, 02:16 PM
You are a shit stirrer..arent you?:p
*cough* kettle *cough* black *cough* :p

Wraith
27th May 2008, 04:57 PM
Get the quotes right guys...you keep quoting the wrong people :p

And I thought I was the only one getting 'a little' confused by that :D

SSS_Hoon
28th May 2008, 06:05 AM
And I thought I was the only one getting 'a little' confused by that :D

no, no your not the only one, i have read it a few times and then gave up.

Not sure how a thread about a mondeo became a thread about the mazda LoL.

Thread should be locked or at least cleaned up.

Its funny how ppl try to convince others that their thought/opinion is wrong or not the right one bcoz blah blah blah.....

SSS_Hoon

USC
28th May 2008, 09:55 AM
Its funny how ppl try to convince others that their thought/opinion is wrong or not the right one bcoz blah blah blah.....

SSS_Hoon

lol...:D

bloody humans...