PDA

View Full Version : not one veyron, not two veyrons, but 3 veyrons!!!

poita
20th May 2008, 11:24 PM
top gear have managed to get hold of 3 Veyrons!
fuks me how, but they have, of course they are in Dubai
they put out the call for 1, and 3 turned up!

It was hoping for one. Instead, it was offered three of the vehicles, which cost more than Dhs 4.4 million (USD $1.2m) each. “No other place in the world could we have found three Bugattis in a span of 48 hours,” said a relieved Charlie Turner, the creative director for the magazine.

oh and there is this!

One car in the shoot, a gleaming aluminium-bodied model, is one of only five in the world.

http://g.photos.cx/bugatti2-d5.jpg
http://g.photos.cx/bugatti-0e.jpg
http://pic.phyrefile.com/v/vi/viper007bond/2008/05/20/1-d010c3beeb092dd6395e72a98980f6ae.jpg

more info and pics here
http://www.rlslog.net/top-gear-filming-with-not-one-but-three-bugatti-veyron-loaners-in-the-uae/

EL BURITO
20th May 2008, 11:56 PM
Hurry up season 11

bornwild
21st May 2008, 12:36 AM
They say they're not gonna start season 11 until end of year :(

USC
21st May 2008, 12:40 AM
They say they're not gonna start season 11 until end of year :(

r u serious?:( Im missing Top Gear!! Keep watching the other seasons over and over!!

bornwild
21st May 2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah it's a rumour that's floating around since they officially canned the official date somewhere in july :(

There's no official date nomore :(

btm
21st May 2008, 08:34 AM
that's ridiculous!

i want one... just one :D

Greg K
21st May 2008, 08:45 AM
that's ridiculous!

i want one... just one :D

any one...

btm
21st May 2008, 08:50 AM
any one...

yeah i guess, i'm not fussy... but if i got to chose i'd take the two tone one

Wraith
21st May 2008, 08:56 AM
Dubai - the richest, fastest growing place on Earth !!! little wonder heaps of Veyrons around ;)

The Veyron must feature heavily on the new Top Gear season, I've seen previews where they line one up against a Eurofighter jet, like they previously did with an F1 car :) - don't know if this takes part in Dubai, doubt it though...

One thing Top Gear are still not able to do, as permission to do so is denied by Bugatti/VW is run it on their track for a lap time ! maybe they know it won't do well and don't want to be embarassed ??? :confused:

Calibrated
21st May 2008, 09:07 AM
well.. we know where the fuel profits are going....

immenotu
21st May 2008, 09:12 AM
The Veyron must feature heavily on the new Top Gear season, I've seen previews where they line one up against a Eurofighter jet, like they previously did with an F1 car :) - don't know if this takes part in Dubai, doubt it though...

Ive seen that episode. Its not in Dubai but it is awesome to watch!!! The jet is amazing, and completely dwarfs the veyron.

blueraven
21st May 2008, 09:25 AM
sweet merciful crap the stig is gonna drive one....

poita
21st May 2008, 10:00 AM
well.. we know where the fuel profits are going....

oil isnt a major money maker for them now, its more tourism
but yes im sure oil still has a large piece of the pie

SSS_Hoon
21st May 2008, 10:03 AM
i think and this is only my thoughts on the topic as to why VW/Bugatti wont let them take it round the Top Gear Test Track. Is bcoz its top speed and not so good at stop start and corner entry exit speeds and would make it seem fairly slow around the track.

It would still be top 5-10 though but i think the CCX would be faster then it.

Still i would love a Veyron the red from that bunch, although a candy white would do good also...(prefer to own a CCX though)

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
21st May 2008, 10:09 AM
oil isnt a major money maker for them now, its more tourism
but yes im sure oil still has a large piece of the pie

All of the Worlds wealthiest people buying and investing in property/buildings there is the biggest piece of the pie, other than the local oil merchants/princes 'zillionaires' who live there !!! ;)

The consulting engineers company I work for are involved in some of the building design/works from there, let me tell you it's totally mega, if not insane !!!!!!!!!!!

No where on Earth is soooo much money being spent on projects being conceived and carried out on such a scale - it's truly mind boggling !

But yeh, back on topic, I for one am not at all surprised with Veyrons being there in numbers, the owners probably purchased them with their spare pocket change LOL :)

bornwild
21st May 2008, 10:23 AM
I'd have to get the two-tone aluminium one :)

As for why VW doesn't let them run it on the track....well I think it's rather simple. Where would the exclusivity of their car go if they let some pommie on some british TV show drive it around a bloody track? :)

Same reason why Ferrari didn't allow them to drive an Enzo around the track either, really. :)

Wraith
21st May 2008, 10:34 AM
I'd have to get the two-tone aluminium one :)

As for why VW doesn't let them run it on the track....well I think it's rather simple. Where would the exclusivity of their car go if they let some pommie on some british TV show drive it around a bloody track? :)

Same reason why Ferrari didn't allow them to drive an Enzo around the track either, really. :)

:confused:

I'm sure the Enzo has been run and timed on their track ???

SSSHoon's reason for the veyron not allowed to be run is what I reckon the reason behind it is ;)

Orion_996
21st May 2008, 10:41 AM
There was an Enzo run, but it wasn't supplied by Ferrari, the one driven was owned by a Pink Floyd band member, i think the drummer. Apparently the car was barely driven so when Jeremy asked him why, they panned to the guys helicopter, and he said these are way more fun, or something along those lines anyway.

So the real reason is actually bornwild's hehe, that being said, i have no doubt that the Veyron would be mighty quick, I also highly doubt that the entry and exit speeds would be slow. I've read in oen of the mags that the car is actually well set up, and handled really good, i think it was in Car Magazine when they had the Goodwood show, they had the Veyron run on the track, and the guy wasn't allowed to push it didn't meet the track safety requirements for full speed.

oneightoo
21st May 2008, 10:46 AM
yeah spot on..

besides, dont they get most of their cars they test from owners? rather than factories?

poita
21st May 2008, 10:50 AM
yer most of the cars are from private owners, not maufacturers

Orion_996
21st May 2008, 10:51 AM
The CCX was from factory, and when the stig crashed it and told them they need a bigger wing, they put one on and let them re do the test, I'm guessing its dependant from manufacturer to manufacturer, but it seems its only the really rare high end ones that they don't get.

Wraith
21st May 2008, 11:32 AM
The CCX was from factory, and when the stig crashed it and told them they need a bigger wing, they put one on and let them re do the test, I'm guessing its dependant from manufacturer to manufacturer, but it seems its only the really rare high end ones that they don't get.

The above about the CCX is true :)

Cars coming from manufacturer vs private owners on Top Gear may be as you say too ???

I believe if a manufacturer has total confidence in their product, they'll put it forward to any test, no need to be worried about expected outcomes ! ;)

Also, you can't get any rarer than the CCX as a high end supercar !!!!! ;)

Orion_996
21st May 2008, 11:34 AM
Wraith, I'm pretty sure that its not the performance outcomes that they're worried about, I think its more the outcomes a la what happened to the CCX, apart from just the exclusivity bit.

poita
21st May 2008, 11:36 AM
yer not many cars have tried to kill the Stig before lol

Wraith
21st May 2008, 11:41 AM
Wraith, I'm pretty sure that its not the performance outcomes that they're worried about, I think its more the outcomes a la what happened to the CCX, apart from just the exclusivity bit.

Once again,. that may be the case ???

However in the case of the CCX the Swedish company/manufacturer are 'new at the game' and I don't think developed their car to the same lengths as say Ferrari etc. do, so it was easy or un-egotistic for them to take on board advice offered by the Top Gear team to improve it...

With other more reputable companies, if they offer their cars and they do poorly for one reason or another, it can have a profound adverse effect on sales and reputations...that's why I still think they refuse, because of this factor, not exclusivity or anything like that...

However it's good to see that some private owners are willing to step forward and offer their cars, we 'normal' people want to see how they all do and perform afterall :)

Orion_996
21st May 2008, 11:41 AM
haha indeed, its like his eleanor or something hehe

Wraith
21st May 2008, 11:46 AM
haha indeed, its like his eleanor or something hehe

You mean Christine :D

SSS_Hoon
21st May 2008, 11:54 AM
You mean Christine :D

no if it were christine then it would of wanted to kill everyone but him LoL.

more like the Wraith(Dodge M4S) in the sense that he crahsed and survived while killing the tire wall...(mmmmm okay now that i thought about it maybe not LoL)

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
21st May 2008, 12:01 PM
no if it were christine then it would of wanted to kill everyone but him LoL.

more like the Wraith(Dodge M4S) in the sense that he crahsed and survived while killing the tire wall...(mmmmm okay now that i thought about it maybe not LoL)

SSS_Hoon

hahahahaha LOL yes, Charlie sheen think it was with his 'WRAITH' car, I remember that movie :D

That should've been me LOL :)

But Christine does end up killing its owner in the end :(

LOL appologies for going way off topic :D

SSS_Hoon
21st May 2008, 12:17 PM
yeah it was Charlie Sheen.

Christine was a better looking car then the Wraith car though that is for sure.

Back on topic now.

LoL

SSS_Hoon

bornwild
21st May 2008, 02:23 PM
Koeniggseg provided the CCX to market their car because at that time they were just being introduced into the US market officially and Arabs aren't too fond of Koeniggseg either :) For them it was necessary to let Top Gear test the car.

I think Pagani is another brand that let them drive their factory Zonda, not too sure but.

And yeah, as Orion said...the Veyron is a mightily capable car on the race track; combine low center of gravity with the width of it and the width of the tyres and you have almost F1 grip levels, despite the 1800kg weight of mass.

oneightoo
21st May 2008, 03:33 PM
is there a video somewhere of the veyron on the track?

poita
21st May 2008, 04:09 PM
pics are only pretty fresh matt, no word on videos of it yet

Wraith
21st May 2008, 04:43 PM
is there a video somewhere of the veyron on the track?

A Veyron video on a twisty track is something I'd like to see too :)

All I've ever seen is straight line track runs - yes it's awesome and can kill anything out there :eek: (most recent one I put up in another thread of a Veyron going up against the new M3 - what a total slaughter job LOL) but would be good to see how good it can handle the twisty stuff - hopefully Top Gear will eventually get its hands on one for this task :)

Orion_996
21st May 2008, 05:04 PM
Indeed Wraith I would love to see that as well, heres hoping from me as well. The Goodwood article only had a pic or two, but that doesn't say/show anything.

bornwild
22nd May 2008, 01:00 AM
Even before the Veyron was officially revealed there were videos of it around an unknown track....youtube the videos. :)

wishbone
22nd May 2008, 05:00 AM
i wish i lived in Dubai... but i prolly still wouldn't be able to get one hahaha. i might have one of those Push bike Drifting bikes. don't know what i am talking about? i'm sure u can youtube it?

oneightoo
22nd May 2008, 10:50 AM
i wish i lived in Dubai... but i prolly still wouldn't be able to get one hahaha. i might have one of those Push bike Drifting bikes. don't know what i am talking about? i'm sure u can youtube it?

i kow the video.. it's awesome.. and you two can re-create it by covering your wheels in silicone spray.. used to do it years ago on my rc cars for instant drift tyres..

btm
22nd May 2008, 11:08 AM
it is a very funny video. the soundtrack makes it though :D