PDA

View Full Version : Dark Street light protection

sooty
19th May 2008, 07:48 PM
I can't remember what it's called lol.
the thing where when you're down a dark street, you click on your indicator and it leaves your parker and tail light on - on the right side normally so other motorists know your car is there. A really handy feature when i frequent my mates place where there's no lights and you can't get completely off the road.
BUT...my question is...how long can you leave it on for????
If he's having a party and i'm crashing, can i leave it on all night?
I remember reading somewhere that it was 3 days, but the manual tells me nothing..
Any idea anyone???:confused:
Thanks in advance...:)

95' GSI
19th May 2008, 07:50 PM
what?

MatsHolden
19th May 2008, 07:50 PM
Overnight will be no dramas at all.

RobCDX
19th May 2008, 07:54 PM
i know merc, bmw, volvo and saab have that feature... u can set the parkers on either side to stay on as a warning to other road users that there's a vehicle there

sooty
19th May 2008, 07:59 PM
what?

Ok...so you pull up in a completely pitch black street, no concrete gutters, just a storm drain...so you can get your car half off the road. You shut her off then just before you get out, you flick the indicator as if you were turning right. It will turn on the right parker, and right tail light so people who are driving down the road can see your car well in advance and don't total it. It's a really handy feature :)

sooty
19th May 2008, 08:00 PM
Overnight will be no dramas at all.

Cheers Mat..
I just don't want to get to the car and have a flat battery lol...

poita
19th May 2008, 08:04 PM
i left the one on in the calibra for about 2 1/2 days
all good :)
you'll be right for overnight mate

Noir
19th May 2008, 08:04 PM
i know merc, bmw, volvo and saab have that feature... u can set the parkers on either side to stay on as a warning to other road users that there's a vehicle there

Alfa Romeo also have the feature.

95' GSI
19th May 2008, 08:05 PM
Ok...so you pull up in a completely pitch black street, no concrete gutters, just a storm drain...so you can get your car half off the road. You shut her off then just before you get out, you flick the indicator as if you were turning right. It will turn on the right parker, and right tail light so people who are driving down the road can see your car well in advance and don't total it. It's a really handy feature :)

I'd have thought that would make you a target... kinda.

bornwild
19th May 2008, 08:07 PM
I'd have thought that would make you a target... kinda.

....lol

95' GSI
19th May 2008, 08:10 PM
....lol

Shut up nermin lol.
Ok, I'll stop now Ain.

MatsHolden
19th May 2008, 08:30 PM

It's a Euro thing, been around for years.

sooty
19th May 2008, 08:32 PM
It's a Euro thing, been around for years.

yeah read somewhere it was originally made for dense snow etc, that's why it only uses the parker so as to not create an opaque haze...:)

MatsHolden
19th May 2008, 08:37 PM
yeah read somewhere it was originally made for dense snow etc, that's why it only uses the parker so as to not create an opaque haze...:)

Only uses the parkers because a headlight would kill the battery! lol

sooty
19th May 2008, 08:56 PM
Only uses the parkers because a headlight would kill the battery! lol

Well yeah...that too lol...:D

Anyone actually know what this feature is called?

Dee
19th May 2008, 08:57 PM
"save your ass in the night time"

sorry

sooty
19th May 2008, 08:59 PM
"save your ass in the night time"

sorry

Now you're spamming my thread too :lamor: lol...

ROCCO
19th May 2008, 10:17 PM
Well yeah...that too lol...:D

Anyone actually know what this feature is called?

I believe the technical name for it is "FFS WATCH OUT FOR MY CAR"

moose_factor
19th May 2008, 10:20 PM
This will be really useful for my full black car hehehe

EL BURITO
20th May 2008, 01:11 AM
dose it on my FORD

Snotty
20th May 2008, 06:55 AM
after a while you'll stop using that feature, you'll get the shits with people telling you you've left your lights on.

sooty
20th May 2008, 07:46 AM
after a while you'll stop using that feature, you'll get the shits with people telling you you've left your lights on.

happens all the time already, then you have to explain to them that if you'd left your lights on then both sides would be on...wouldn't they ;):rolleyes:

Wraith
20th May 2008, 03:22 PM
I can't remember what it's called lol.
the thing where when you're down a dark street, you click on your indicator and it leaves your parker and tail light on - on the right side normally so other motorists know your car is there. A really handy feature when i frequent my mates place where there's no lights and you can't get completely off the road.
BUT...my question is...how long can you leave it on for????
If he's having a party and i'm crashing, can i leave it on all night?
I remember reading somewhere that it was 3 days, but the manual tells me nothing..
Any idea anyone???:confused:
Thanks in advance...:)

This is a very useful feature, as Poita's mentioned Calis have it and I use it all the time in mine :)

I've left it on all night numerous times - no problem to the car battery at all !!!

I've built this feature into my Astra too, since Opel were too lazy to incorporate it in their more recent cars :rolleyes:

Ice
20th May 2008, 03:49 PM
does it work on the Astra G ?

sorry cant try it now im at work

bornwild
20th May 2008, 04:13 PM
It's called a parking light if I'm not mistaken :)

Wraith
20th May 2008, 04:36 PM
does it work on the Astra G ?

sorry cant try it now im at work

Astra G dosn't have it....you could 'rig it up' as I've mentioned above, I've done so in mine :)

Wraith
20th May 2008, 04:37 PM
It's called a parking light if I'm not mistaken :)

Yeh, I think they refer to it as 'park light feature' :)

Tfer
20th May 2008, 04:47 PM
Veccy C's have it :D

poita
20th May 2008, 05:50 PM
happens all the time already, then you have to explain to them that if you'd left your lights on then both sides would be on...wouldn't they ;):rolleyes:

when ppl point it out my repsonse has now dwindled down to 'meh'
i cbf explainin it to everyone that points it out