View Full Version : my new dash lighting - thanks to MrCali

opel_calibra
12th July 2004, 09:17 PM
i think it looks awesome

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Mrcali/My%20Calibra/Dash.jpg
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Mrcali/My%20Calibra/Dash_1.jpg

Dee
12th July 2004, 09:18 PM
that is mad... wouldnt it be hard driving with that at night tho....

mr_astra_retired
12th July 2004, 09:21 PM
Wow Matt awesome stuff , that looks the biz !!

opel_calibra
12th July 2004, 09:22 PM
naa its not hard driving at night.. its just bright enough for me

Dee
12th July 2004, 09:26 PM
looks really bright in the pics.....

is it legal?

opel_calibra
12th July 2004, 09:41 PM
no idea.... if the cops did pull me over i can just turn the leds downwards away from the dash.. they are on a little swivel base

Dee
12th July 2004, 09:46 PM
ahh nice :) good idea...
btw i wont way anything if you dont ;)

sunny
12th July 2004, 09:48 PM
that looks tops!!!

Jass
13th July 2004, 07:24 AM
I couldn't see how they are not legal, ive got in car neons and i have been pulled over by the cops plenty of times and never have they said anything about them, if they were outside that's a diferent thing.

RK
13th July 2004, 09:38 AM
nice!

Dee
13th July 2004, 09:40 AM
I couldn't see how they are not legal, ive got in car neons and i have been pulled over by the cops plenty of times and never have they said anything about them, if they were outside that's a diferent thing.

qld cops must be assholes then... if you even have neons hooked up in ur car... ANYWHERE... they have the right to bend you over :(

YuSuF
13th July 2004, 10:41 AM
uhhhhh nice one dude

DrDevil
13th July 2004, 01:09 PM

qld cops must be assholes then... if you even have neons hooked up in ur car... ANYWHERE... they have the right to bend you over :(

only if you are driving with them on. It is perfectly legal AFAIK to have them on when parked.

Dee
13th July 2004, 01:32 PM

only if you are driving with them on. It is perfectly legal AFAIK to have them on when parked.

nah a mate of mine got a defect for having them one his car... they were on a separate switch to all the rest of his light and he had them off at the time... JUST FOR HAVING THEM ON/IN/ATTACHED to ur car

FlySri
14th July 2004, 04:41 PM
That looks sweet!!!

Lee_Um
14th July 2004, 09:15 PM
Look Sweet as!!

Here in WA the rule is you can have any light system in the car as long as it is not visible to other drivers or above the dash. I have seen many exterior light systems on cars driven past cops n then dont seem to care much.

sribear
14th July 2004, 10:39 PM
They look great!!!!
Any chance you can post a how-to