PDA

View Full Version : Nissan 370Z Image Leaked

MatsHolden
15th May 2008, 06:43 PM
An image of the upcoming 370Z from a vehicle presentation has been leaked, It isn't expected to be revealed for another 6 months.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/370z-temp.jpg

sooty
15th May 2008, 06:45 PM
There was a little bit about this in drive last weekend too.
Apparently gonna run the 3.7L, hence the 370z instead of 350.
Taillights also look like headlights with that L sorta shape :)

Orion_996
15th May 2008, 06:59 PM
hmm i generally like the 350Z, and i like the overall shape of the 370Z as well, but i just don't like the new headlight styling direction of many Japanese brands with the L shapes, just doesn't look good to me at all and unfortunately i think i've seen some newer euro designs with that as well

EL BURITO
15th May 2008, 07:55 PM
head lights are odd

bet it has a fat bum too

will take alot to look better than the 350Z

sooty
15th May 2008, 07:58 PM
bet it has a fat bum too

looks almost identical except for, as i said, the taillights being an L shape too...

R3N
15th May 2008, 08:20 PM
3.7l engine is already being used in the infiniti G37 and new maximas

bornwild
16th May 2008, 04:41 PM
Ugly....like the current 350z better.

Is this supposed to be a facelift or a completely new Z model? I don't get it...

Orion_996
16th May 2008, 05:18 PM
I think its a completely new facelifted model :p.

I think i have read that it is an all new model though: Shorter wheelbase, lighter body, new engine and tranny etc. Oh and i really hope they improved the interior. The only letdown for me was the plastic fantastic everywhere in the current one, looks really really cheap.

GreyRex
17th May 2008, 12:52 PM
Am i the only person who has no interest in the 350Z or this new one??:p :p

I know the engine and speed are great, but it just has no appeal

Nissan's don't seem to have a 'family look' either...

They all look like they come from a different manufacturer with the current range... Micra, Tiida, Navara, Patrol, Maxima, 350Z... and now this

Gambit
17th May 2008, 03:36 PM
I don't mind the look of the 370 so far.. It grows on you a bit. I never liked the 350z (especially because they replaced my awesome 300zx with a horrible bloated beetle non-turbo car). But I read something a few weeks ago that the rumour in Japan at the moment is that Nissan is going to revive its old formula from the 90's and resurrect a 'Silvia' replacement based on the Zed floorpan, with a smaller engine. And yeah, as stated above - the name refers to capacity.

240z = 2.4ltr
260z = 2.6ltr
280zx = 2.8ltr
300zx = 3.0ltr
350z = 3.5ltr
370z = 3.7ltr
etc

bornwild
17th May 2008, 04:11 PM
I wonder what reasoning they use to be upping the capacity with each generation...

Black Nugget
17th May 2008, 04:16 PM

I know the engine and speed are great, but it just has no appeal

Nissan's don't seem to have a 'family look' either...

They all look like they come from a different manufacturer with the current range... Micra, Tiida, Navara, Patrol, Maxima, 350Z... and now this

whats there not to love about a relatively cheap RWD coupe with good handling qualities and a sweet exhaust note. Dosen't it have LSD standard too???

This new looking one is definately more evolution than revolution but still looks muscular - especially the way the rear glass tapers off and the fat wheel arches....

still it will be hard to beat the current 350z on looks, especially the current facelifted model.

MatsHolden
17th May 2008, 05:02 PM

You must be. It's one of the nicest designs on the road.

GreyRex
17th May 2008, 05:23 PM
You must be. It's one of the nicest designs on the road.

I've just never looked twice at one since it was released. Ah well, we're all different

SIMid
17th May 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm more interested in the new clear coat Nissan have developed. It's meant to heal light scratches. Been in developement for a few years but releasing the tech next year on the GTR first.

If it's not tooooo expensive, I'll get my Astra done. :D

Nissan Motor unveiled a new clearcoat paint that repairs small scratches on car surfaces.

Nissans "Scratch Guard Coat" is based on an elastic resin that not only protects the paint under the clearcoat, but also slowly repairs scratches in the clear surface - gradually returning to its original unscratched state in anywhere from a day to a week, depending on temperature and the depth of the scratch.

The primary purpose of Scratch Guard is resisting fine scratches from automated car wash machines. Nissan says its scratch resistant properties are good for about 3 years.

bornwild
17th May 2008, 07:44 PM
That's pretty sweet. Didn't nissan develop some electric paint which changes it's colour at the touch of a button or something?

Wraith
18th May 2008, 01:59 PM
Good one Mat :)

I've been keeping an eye on this Nissan project for as long as I've been keeping an eye on the R35 GTR, pics I've seen vary from that one you posted, but we won't know its final configuration/look for some time...

Yes it's called 370Z because it uses a 3.7ltr V6 (same engine as used on their 'Infiniti' branded new Skylines) it should be released with around 253kw....this is only a recent development, I suspect to save costs and not to take any of the glory light away from the GTR...

The original concept was equipped with Nissan' 4.0ltr V8 and was going to obviously be called the 400Z - maybe next model - hopefully :)

It'll also be lighter than the current car = fantastic...it should be quite a handler and performer :) they'll be plenty in the TT kit market for this car too, just like the current car :D

As for the scratch 'self healing' or resistant clear coat Simon mentioned, I believe it's already being used, right from the beginning on the new R35 GTR's (ultimate metal silver) ;) - Well done Nissan :clap:

JohnBu
19th May 2008, 09:37 AM
yeah I like it..

i would be driving one, if i had coughed up an extra $25k over the astra, but just couldn't justify it..

thing is as my income increases and the more affordable $60-70k cars are, the less I want them.. I guess thats the downside of being a financial planner.. always thinking of opportunity cost when i'm thinking of upgrading cars.

Wraith
19th May 2008, 09:49 AM
thing is as my income increases and the more affordable $60-70k cars are, the less I want them.. I guess thats the downside of being a financial planner.. always thinking of opportunity cost when i'm thinking of upgrading cars.

That's an interesting point - and I find myself thinking along similar lines these days too....ie: I can pretty much get anything I want up to around 100k, but find myself not doing so, because I'm less convinced I'm getting value for money !!!

Years ago, when I couldn't afford what I really wanted, I would buy it anyways if given I somehow could, I didn't care if it was worth it or not...

Oh well, back on topic, this new 370Z will be quite a car and continue the onslaught of the new gen. of Japanese cars that getting everbody elses (car manufacturers) attention :)

JohnBu
20th May 2008, 04:08 PM
Many years ago, I put a deposit down on a $45,000 car that was equal to my gross annual income (it didn't pass the pre-purchase inspection).

these days, I couldn't justify paying more than a third of annual income on a car....

i guess i'm alittle wiser these days...

i hope they make this car alittle smaller than the 350z as reported by some mags

a smaller, more nimble car would be great, now they have the GTR as the daddy of the nissan sports car range.

a bit smaller & lighter = more performance & agility with better fuel consumption, but its a big deal when car manufacturers release new models that are equal to the weight of the superseded model, i guess thats the price we pay for NHV & Safety.

Wraith
20th May 2008, 05:04 PM
Many years ago, I put a deposit down on a $45,000 car that was equal to my gross annual income (it didn't pass the pre-purchase inspection).

these days, I couldn't justify paying more than a third of annual income on a car....

i guess i'm alittle wiser these days...

i hope they make this car alittle smaller than the 350z as reported by some mags

a smaller, more nimble car would be great, now they have the GTR as the daddy of the nissan sports car range.

a bit smaller & lighter = more performance & agility with better fuel consumption, but its a big deal when car manufacturers release new models that are equal to the weight of the superseded model, i guess thats the price we pay for NHV & Safety.

I hear you John, in my case I don't know if it's a case of being a little wiser but just a change in attitude and realising just how much a waste of money cars really are, that's why these days, I'm more concerned with value for money, rather than brand etc. still if your an enthusiast, it's hard to step right away from it all...

What you've stated above for the 370Z is exactly what I've read they're doing, only I don't think it'll be a dimensionally smaller car, it might even be a little larger, but it'll weigh less, that's the main thing :)

Fuel comparison wise I suppose you can make a good comparison now, if your able to get info on the Infiniti Skylines fuel economy and compare those to the current 350Z, the Skylines consumption would be different with the same engine (the new 3.7ltr.) but should give a good idea...

bornwild
20th May 2008, 07:29 PM
I, personally, can't wait for the new Silvia...all these skylines and Z's are not my thing as much as the Silvia. :)

Disclaimer: except the R32 GTR...of course :D

Wraith
21st May 2008, 02:18 PM
I, personally, can't wait for the new Silvia...all these skylines and Z's are not my thing as much as the Silvia. :)

Disclaimer: except the R32 GTR...of course :D

I like the S15 and the missus has an S13, they are a handling sensation, the 13 that is, can't say from personal experience with the S15 but from what I've seen, they're pretty good too and can be tuned to become little monsters :)

Pics I've seen of the new Silvia (SX 200 here) look pretty good, Nissan have said that they want to market this car everywhere just like the GTR, so you might get your chance BW :)

bornwild
21st May 2008, 02:34 PM
Exactly right :)

One thing why I always liked the Silvias is the agility and handling that comes as a consequence of the lightweight. :D

I almost bought a 2002 spec-r import model when I was looking for my car. It was in mint condition at a damaged cars auction. All it needed was a new door and front bumper. It had 30,000kms on it and was certified.

Reason I didn't buy it is that insurance would have been too much and yeah didn't have my finances sorted out at the time. It sold for $17000 though...bargain!

Wraith
21st May 2008, 07:59 PM
Some more pics currently circulating the net...

I doubt this yellow one is accurate, it's the current car with slight differences, side mirrors are very nice :)
http://i31.tinypic.com/2gvldvc.jpg

This concept pics direction is probably more accurate of what we can expect..
http://i28.tinypic.com/2v11com.jpg

sooty
21st May 2008, 08:06 PM
not a fan...looks a fair bit worse than the 350z IMHO:(

bornwild
21st May 2008, 08:49 PM
That looks like a facelift...for the worse!

Wraith
21st May 2008, 09:21 PM
That looks like a facelift...for the worse!

Yeh, the yellow one is too much of a silly chop job and they've even thrown in the GTR's door handles LOL.......but you never know, it could be released with those...

Concept pic is similar to Mats posted pic, but has more sculpting going on...

rjastra
22nd May 2008, 09:26 AM
All the spy pics I have seen show it with the current style door handles and a coke bottle kick in the side window profile.

It will be shorter (length and wheelbase) than the current 350Z and will be lighter.