PDA

View Full Version : Car wont recognise key = wont start

struz
15th May 2008, 05:10 PM
Hey guys,

I have a problem i have two keys for my ts astra.

One is working and the other is not. The problem is each time i try to start it with my everyday key it won't start (symbol on cluster with the tool and car symbol flashes in yellow.) It happened for the first time tuesday so i got the car to the mechanics and so he supposedly fixes it. Next day the same key won't start so i ring him and he says bring it in, i do and the samething happens the next day the key won't work.

So in the mean time he charged me $140 to re configure the keys which really didn't do anything at all, as im still in the same position i was beforehand. He is now saying that the everyday key won't hold the memory and car doesn't recognise the key so the immoboliser is stopping the key from working.

What should i do? Im outta pocket of $140 and got nothing to show for it.
Do i get another key from holdens? How much?
Has anyone had this problem as of yet?

Please help me as im pulling my hair out about this and very very pissed off.

Regards,

Struz.

USC
15th May 2008, 05:35 PM
have u checked the battery man??

struz
15th May 2008, 05:40 PM
Yes battery is fine.

I think there is a problem with the chip in the main key i use.

It's not holding its memory supposedly... I have never had this problem before ever.

EL BURITO
15th May 2008, 05:55 PM
ebay UK is prob a option for a new chip. i would go into Holden and just esquire as to a solution

DirtyHarry
15th May 2008, 07:45 PM
well if you bought the opcom off me and a new transponder from holden youd be able to program the transponder to your immobiliser yourself :-)

struz
15th May 2008, 07:48 PM
well if you bought the opcom off me and a new transponder from holden youd be able to program the transponder to your immobiliser yourself :-)

Hey harry please pm me..

Im interested