http://www.ferraricalifornia.com/assets/images/downloads/image3-1024x768.jpg

Dowie
13th May 2008, 10:55 PM
Fark.
I want one.
Whats the stats like?

MatsHolden
13th May 2008, 10:58 PM
4.3 Litre V8 with 460hp, 0-100 in under 4 secs, 7 speed dual clutch transmission. All the stuff we've come to expect from a Ferrari.

ROCCO
13th May 2008, 11:06 PM
DAMN....*rocco has just experienced an explosion in his pants*

EL BURITO
13th May 2008, 11:32 PM
that is rather nice

Ice
14th May 2008, 12:11 AM
ahh comon its all a bit gimicky isnt it ?

nothing like the old styling of only a couple years ago. too American !

lets not get me wrong here.......ide still drive it haha

Vectracious
14th May 2008, 07:25 AM
The need to remake Ferris Buellers Day Off with THAT in it... :D

tim_
14th May 2008, 08:28 AM
that is one sexy ****ing car. very tappable arse i must say!

btm
14th May 2008, 08:32 AM
hate to say it... but it looks a little like the MR2 spyder from that top shot (little being the operative word here)

glider
14th May 2008, 08:54 AM
hate to say it... but it looks a little like the MR2 spyder from that top shot (little being the operative word here)

i was thinking that before too

one2have
14th May 2008, 09:02 AM
I don't mind the front end - some retro styling cues from the old 275 GTB perhaps?

The Vertical quad exhausts are not doing it for me. Would take an F-430 over this any day..

Wraith
14th May 2008, 09:20 AM
I like it !!! :)

Maybe cause it's a vert, maybe not, but the quirky styling sits well for me :)

Running gear, V8 with an automated manual = instant pants explosion for me :D :o

The only thing I don't like is it's very, very corny name :rolleyes: surely Ferrari is aiming at other markets rather than just Hollywood bozoes...

Orion_996
14th May 2008, 09:27 AM
I agree wraith, california? 'cmon they can do better than that, but the car itself, stunner, i love it.

rjastra
14th May 2008, 09:30 AM
I like it !!! :)

Maybe cause it's a vert, maybe not, but the quirky styling sits well for me :)

Running gear, V8 with an automated manual = instant pants explosion for me :D :o

The only thing I don't like is it's very, very corny name :rolleyes: surely Ferrari is aiming at other markets rather than just Hollywood bozoes...

Ferrari had a California model 40+ yrs ago ;) It was also the model "featured
" in Ferris Bueller's Day Off

poita
14th May 2008, 09:46 AM
built from 1957-1960

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Ferrari/60_Ferrari_250_GT_LWB_Calf_Spdr_DV-06_Q_01.jpg

Wraith
14th May 2008, 09:54 AM

Damn, thanks for that, I didn't realise that one - seen the movie heaps of times, one of my fav. classics, but never took note of the cars name...still think it's a totally shit name even for back then....

So it's a modern re-make ???

poita
14th May 2008, 09:55 AM
guess u could say its a rebirth for it ange.
likewise i think the name is shit.
and the original looks so much classier

Wraith
14th May 2008, 10:01 AM
guess u could say its a rebirth for it ange.
likewise i think the name is shit.
and the original looks so much classier

The original is a damn nice car - love it, new one is very nice too...

In my dreams I'll have one of each thanks :D

Now what to do with the name tag LOL :)

EL BURITO
14th May 2008, 10:05 AM
thats nice too

Calibrated
14th May 2008, 10:07 AM
is it just me, or does it have a remarkable resemblance to the Alfa 8C. hmm, no wonder alfa scrapped the vert version... coz here it is, as a ferrari :D

poita
14th May 2008, 10:07 AM
the Ferrari Bueller lol

off topic - uninteresting fact: Ferris Bueller is the name of the a member of the German band 'Scooter'

Wraith
14th May 2008, 10:12 AM
the Ferrari Bueller lol

off topic - uninteresting fact: Ferris Bueller is the name of the a member of the German band 'Scooter'

I LIKE IT :D

I'm buying one and Bueller-ising it LOL :D hahahaha

Perhaps Ferris Bueller is a very comon name combination in Germany like John Smith is here Poita ???

Love the movie "da da boam boam oooooohhhhhh yeaaaaaahhhh" :D

rjastra
14th May 2008, 01:25 PM
is it just me, or does it have a remarkable resemblance to the Alfa 8C. hmm, no wonder alfa scrapped the vert version... coz here it is, as a ferrari :D

You sure about that? ;)

8C Spyder

http://www.fast-autos.net/data/images/40313.jpg

Wraith
14th May 2008, 01:29 PM

mmmm, judging from the pic rjastra put up, I think it's just you :p jk :)

They both do have a sweet V8 though :)

oneightoo
14th May 2008, 01:29 PM
meh it doesnt blow the wind up my skirt..

looks just like any other ferrari.. boring.......

Wraith
14th May 2008, 01:35 PM
looks just like any other ferrari.. boring.......

:eek:

Now be a good boy, wash your mouth out with soap and lets never mention this again :D

oneightoo
14th May 2008, 03:10 PM
lol, i knew that'd get a rise out of you ange :p

Wraith
14th May 2008, 04:28 PM
lol, i knew that'd get a rise out of you ange :p

LOL agree to a point, Ferraris arn't the best thing on Earth when it comes to cars, but you could hardly call them boring :)

Overpriced, some models a bit of a wank, overrated, ugly and maybe boring interiors - yes probably those things, but O/A always exciting :)

d.c.
14th May 2008, 07:11 PM

The new one is nice, really nice, but I would still take the original one from Ferris Buellers Day Off given the choice.

Another Uninteresting Fact:
The car in Ferris Buellers Day Off was not a real Ferrari, it was a replica and Ferrari sued the guys who made it for using a Ferrari badge.

Wraith
15th May 2008, 10:41 AM
The car in Ferris Buellers Day Off was not a real Ferrari, it was a replica and Ferrari sued the guys who made it for using a Ferrari badge.

:eek:

WOW the plot thickens :D

I'll have to hire out and watch it again and try to take more attention of the Fezza in this movie :)

btm
15th May 2008, 11:03 AM

did they win?

tim_
15th May 2008, 01:39 PM
which ones won? ferrari?

poita
15th May 2008, 06:33 PM
I'll have to hire out and watch it again and try to take more attention of the Fezza in this movie :)

probly be cheaper to buy it then hire it lol

did they win?

yes did ferrari win?

*edit*
wooo for google

The 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California that starred in the cult classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off was really an MG in Maranello drag. In the movie Cameron states that less than 100 were made; actually only 55 were ever produced. The website www.80s.com pegs the value of an actual example at $2.5 million, which means thrashing and trashing one in the film would've busted the budget, along with drawing the ire of Ferrari faithful everywhere.

Instead, the film hired a company to build the car from an MG. That company, whose name wasn't mentioned in the article, was later sued by Ferrari for the use of its logo and later went bankrupt due to the amount of damages it was required to pay the prancing horse. We say blame it on Cameron's dad... it was his fault he didn't lock the garage.